• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY009: Capture Lumiose Gym! Clemont's Secret!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY009: Lumiose Gym Capture! Secret of Clemont!

I think that's the title.

Re: XY009: Lumiose Gym Capture! Secret of Clemont!

"Capture Lumiose Gym! Clemont's Secret!

Ash and friends arrive in Lumiose City, where they meet Clemont's father Limohne, and discover Clemont is the Gym Leader of Lumiose Gym. When they hear Clemont's own invention, the "Citronoide", has hijacked the Gym, Ash and friends decide to help him sneak in and recapture it."

Last edited:
Well I think this answers the age old question from another thread of who the Lumiose gym leader is and who would look after it while Clemonts away.

Well, at least they're not beating around the bush this time...

Well, at least they're not beating around the bush this time...

I don't get what U Mean here. But it does not really matter to Me at least.

Interesting, I wonder what Ash and Serena's Reactions will be to Clemont being a Gym Leader and seeing that Bonnie and Clemint lived in the Gym

WELL THAT WAS FAST.

Limone? This name is both very clever and kind of dumb. I like it.

Oh, so they aren't keeping it a secret for most of the story arc. So what now? Is there still a reason for him to be here?

I saw his father, he looks nothing like his children, now I know why Clemont has a little darker skin than his sister (his father has dark skin). Now I want to see their mother, where is she? I'm curious how Clemont and Bonnie got blond hair and blue eyes if their father has brown hair and brown eyes. What a cool dad? He has a motorcycle and is a super hero, Blaziken Mask. No wonder he is not home to raise his children, Clemont is raising Bonnie, question answered. Wait no! I'll watch the preview soon but I saw a few screenshots on tumblr and there he is hugging Clemont and Bonnie while crying his eyes, I've seen mothers do that but not fathers. I wonder if Clemont helps his poor father care for Bonnie like mother (she seems to not be around).

Is it me but is it going to be a reverse way of brock strory
It sounded like a rehash of "Showdown in Pewter City" to me. (Pictures Clemont wearing an undershirt and house pants in an apron in the house caring for Bonnie) they need a scene like that! Then a shirtless Clemont would be hot (one scene or Clemont will be overdue)

Last edited:
Aww.. i was hoping CLemonts secret would be along the lines of " you wont belive the shocking secret that Clemont admitted to our lie detector administrator". And Citonide??? that sounds more like some cleaning chemical.

I thinl that his father will take the gym while Clemont is missing. But I imagine that Clemont doesn't want to be the Gym to travel with Ash.

Yes, that answers my questions. It seems they will take the route of creating an anime-only relative to take over the gym.
Still, I wasn't expecting Ash to challenge the Lumiose Gym so early, given how the game doesn't let you face it until getting your 4th bagde.

Yes, that answers my questions. It seems they will take the route of creating an anime-only relative to take over the gym.
Still, I wasn't expecting Ash to challenge the Lumiose Gym so early, given how the game doesn't let you face it until getting your 4th bagde.
I don't think Ash is challenging the Gym already. The Lumiose Gym probably has this rule where you need to have four Badges, the machine that kicked out Ash in XY001 mentioned this, not to mention Norman who didn't want an official Gym Battle with Ash before he had more Badges.

If anything, Clemont battles his father, as he was seen taking on a Heliolisk with his Bunnelby in a certain trailer. Why they would battle isn't clear to me though.

Ash and friends arrive in Lumiose City, where they meet Clemont's father Limohne, and discover Clemont is the Gym Leader of Lumiose Gym. When they hear Clemont's own invention, the "Citronoide", has hijacked the Gym, Ash and friends decide to help him sneak in and recapture it."

this post suggests he will be battling an AI trainer

Limone = Lemon.
It fits with the family's lemon theme.

Will this be the episode in which Clemont's Bunnelby battles that Heliolisk? And does the Heliolisk belong to Limone?

That was really fast o.o I expected them to uncover Citron's secret after 30 episodes or so.

Anyways, the summary looks interesting.

Well, I wonder what happens with Clemont's failed invention this time...

This sounds like it could be fun.

Last edited:
Really excited for this, will be interesting to see how things turn out. Not to mention, according to Newtype, Natsume and Iwane are animating so it will look splendid too!

Ash should just grab torterra/infernape/charizard from his PC and destroy the robot. But the writers always go for boring and so we get a bunelby battle instead.

haha
i knew it!
and wouldn't a better romanization just be Limon o.o

and omg i'm really excited for this simply because i don't know how citron is going to out-dork himself in this
i also suspect that one of the reasons why citron and eureka started going 'round with satoshi is because they both feel like he can get the 4 badges necessary to get past the security

i also think that citron made the bot in the first place so he could go traveling but it backfired when he couldn't come and go as he pleased

and actually personally i think i'd like this to be a real thing
that UNLESS they get a 4-badge challenger there's no way they can enter the gym because the citronroide will eject them, each time
that would be a pretty good build-up IMO

Is that the summary? If it is this will be a really cool episode. I can see the group using their pokemons to get past various traps and such. I look forward to this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom