• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY009: Capture Lumiose Gym! Clemont's Secret!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the machine began not allowing even 4+ badge earners inside of the Gym as well? Though maybe it wasn't supposed to actually be rejecting trainers to begin with, maybe even the reason Clemont is travelling is because he can no longer re-enter the Gym.

So many possibilities :-D

Seems like they pretty much confirmed my theory that Clemont has an anime only relative who can take care of the gym while he is away.

I'm really surprised they're going to reveal Clemont's identity so soon. To be honest, I feel like they should wait until when Ash is going back to Lumiose City to challenge the gym leader there after getting 4 badges. I feel that would set an even better tone for the inevitable Ash vs Clemont battle but oh well. I'm still looking forward to Ash's reaction when he finds out that Clemont is the Lumiose City gym leader. Hopefully there will be lots of fun with the whole recapturing the gym quest.

I really hope the Gym situation isn't resolved in this episode. They gave a pretty flimsy reason for Citron and Eureka to travel with Satoshi in the third episode, so hopefully this episode will give some new developments in their characters to make their reason to travel with Satoshi more worthwhile.

I hope Clemont will travel with Ash throughout the series after that. Imagine Volkner was related to Clemont.
Anyway... would his dad let him run the gym?

Last edited:
Ash should just grab torterra/infernape/charizard from his PC and destroy the robot. But the writers always go for boring and so we get a bunelby battle instead.

I concur. There's nothing interesting about seeing an over used Pokemon who had 3+ years to shine while there is a brand new Kalos Pokemon that has only been in 2 episodes thus far.

Anyways, I'm really excited for this episode. I'm hoping that the Heliosk in the trailer turns out to be Clemont's, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was his fathers. Either way I'm pumped!

Anyways, I'm really excited for this episode. I'm hoping that the Heliosk in the trailer turns out to be Clemont's, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was his fathers. Either way I'm pumped!
I hope it's his. In the first episode, Ash fought Clemont and his newly caught Bunnelby and Bunnelby seemed really experienced. And since Clemont is a gym leader and seems to be skilled, I feel like it's only natural he should own a strong Pokémon like Heliosk.

I hope it's his. In the first episode, Ash fought Clemont and his newly caught Bunnelby and Bunnelby seemed really experienced. And since Clemont is a gym leader and seems to be skilled, I feel like it's only natural he should own a strong Pokémon like Heliosk.

I feel that way too; especially because if he's a gym leader he should have a lot stronger Pokemon, not mention Electric-type ones.

I like the fact that Clemont is going to be outed as a gym leader, as it will provide an interesting twist in his relationahip with ash. Ash probably won't care as he has a high opinion of Clemont and his scientific ways, I mean they are already pretty close as friends and Ash does marvel at Clemont's inventions quite often. What will be also very interesting to see is clemonts relationship with his father and how his father views Clemont basically abandoning the gym to travel with Ash, a kid he relatively just met. But in the end everything will wort itself out as it does in every pokemon episode.

Preview
- Ash and co. return to Lumiose city.
- Clemont and Bonnie jump on their father.
- A Heliosik uses an Electric move.

[video=youtube;7R1oKTo7L6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R1oKTo7L6I[/video]

Tamagawa animation + Clemont family madness + Heliolisk => this episode will be fun as fudge.

It sure looks amusing seeing Ash and Serena yelling at Clemont for not mentioning that he's the Gym Leader of the Lumiose Gym. The battles look like they will be really great.

It looks like Magneton uses Metal Sound and Heliolisk uses some sort of Electric Attack. Heliolisk looks really cool in the anime :-D

Last edited:
*Sees Tamagawa in preview*

...Random Tamagawa key animation... In a Natsume episode...? wat

...PLZ STAY MR. TAMAGWA. plz.

Last edited:
That robot looks very Mega Man-esque, I wonder if that's because of Hitoshi Ariga's involvement with the games or if Ariga even designed it himself.

The preview certainly made the episode seem as fun and promising as it sounded from the summary. I look forward to it more now.

Animation looks really good, episodes animation and movements kind of remind of one of the Pokemon films.
Think they'll pull a movie three on this one? Has every one work together to defeat this thing?

Tamagawa.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
Is there any confirmation that he's doing this episode? Or are you going on just the style?
(I can't believe I allowed myself to get shocked that Natsume had upped the ante so much! I'm just stupid!)

Smash Preview
- Clemont's dad is standing with an Ampharos
- Ash and Serena are mad at Clemont.
- A Magnemite attacks Ash and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom