• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY009: Subdue Miare Gym! Citron's Secret!!

What's this a Robot in Pokémon?
I loved the battle and can't wait for Ash's battle with Clemont it'll so epic!
Oh and Clemont's Dad is Blaziken Mask DUH DUH DUUUHHH!

029.jpg
034.jpg
457.jpg

lol they really made it look like that Ampharos is Clemont's mom or something. Maybe that's his big "secret", after all the yellow hair has to have come form somewhere...

Anyway, just caught up on the episode and have to say I'm really impressed with the standard of battles for this series, if this is the shape of things to come I'm really excited for how Ash and Clemont's actual Gym Battle will turn out. The part at the end where the group were all bonding was just too cute, they're just such a great, dynamic group.

Dragon Tail and Bulldoze had awesome animations imo. And it was nice to see finally the anime debut of the latter move, I've always wondered what it's supposed to look like.

Okay, I watched again with the subs, and it was brilliant :D Again, awesome character development regarding Citron, and I am looking forward to Ash's gum battle with him

I'm even more impressed after seeing it subbed. The "let's grow together" stuff has an honesty that I find very refreshing. I love how they pulled that off without seeming forced or cheesy.

Did anyone else catch the continuity nod with Ash saying "You won't know unless you try" to Clemont? He said the same thing to Gary in a flashback at the Silver Conference. I love details like that.

I think Ash vs. Clemont has the potential to be the best battle since Ash vs. Paul.

I think Ash vs. Clemont has the potential to be the best battle since Ash vs. Paul.

You know, this makes me wonder if this entire episode (and the first episode too, for that matter) is meant to help set-up a "traveling rival" in Citron. Hopefully if that's the case the rivalry won't just end in the battle for the 5th badge. Their dynamic is really intriguing because both of them resort to unconventional methods and are already established trainers.

You know, this makes me wonder if this entire episode (and the first episode too, for that matter) is meant to help set-up a "traveling rival" in Citron. Hopefully if that's the case the rivalry won't just end in the battle for the 5th badge. Their dynamic is really intriguing because both of them resort to unconventional methods and are already established trainers.
A GYM Leader suddenly willing to face the Kalos League... now that would be interesting.

As for the potential of their clash, I don't think there's enough to be compared with Ash vs Paul... at least not in a GYM battle, where I believe the battle would be limited to a 3x3.

A GYM Leader suddenly willing to face the Kalos League... now that would be interesting.

As for the potential of their clash, I don't think there's enough to be compared with Ash vs Paul... at least not in a GYM battle, where I believe the battle would be limited to a 3x3.

Well they don't have to be rivals in a league sense, they can just battle train every once in awhile, Clemont wants to get stronger so it would really help both of them.

Maybe not, I mean he does have more pokemon. Clemont is the leader so I'm sure he can alter the rules as he sees fit.

It would be pretty dang epic to see two companions have an all out full battle.

Dang, I really want to know how he got mega blaziken now. It'll be amazing when that episode airs.

Having actually gotten back into the series, I loved this episode. It encapsulates the shift the show has taken from BW to XY. Great character development, story building is taken much more personally this time around, and the animation having a proper budget this time around is working wonders for the show. At least that's what I'm assuming that happened, cause half the stuff this episode has done wouldn't have been done in previous gen episodes. Can't what to see what the plot with Limone has in store for us.

Actually yeah. this would be really cool
-TECHNICALLY- wouldn't Citron still have have 6 Pokemon? Harimaron, Horubee, Dedenne (which is technically still his), Coil, Rarecoil, and Elelizard...

although this ep seemed to still foreshadow 3 v. 3. citron would probably battle with his electric-types

I wanted to give a review yesterday since I saw the subbed episode in 720p, but I was feeling lazy so that idea went out the window.

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, another solid episode. I would name it, "Courage and a Promise" because the development in Citron and the promise of the battle between Satoshi and him were epic. I am extremely excited for when that episode starts... will they come back to the city, will something major happen before then that will make the episode more dramatic and intense, and to see Citron say that he will keep improving in order to give Satoshi his all, also... We will finally see what could have happened in the first episode with much more epic-ness.

The dynamic of the groups, as I've said many times, is amazing. I can only hope that the English Dub will be able to keep this chemistry going. The entire episode worked for me... the easily moved father, Bonne and Serena's sisterly relationship (which, for some reason, makes me want Citron to start liking Serena... I, for whatever reason, have always liked the idea of a Citron/Serena pairing)... Satoshi, Serena, and the entire group are by far the closest group in the show's history. The chemistry is just wonderful.

There is so much to everyone so far... They all seem realistic, more than one-dimensional. They've gotten rid of the overdone gags that caused many of the characters in Best Wishes to come off as one-dimensional... they all have their things that they do, but it just feels more genuine.

Serena saying that she could take of Eureka was very telling of their relationship; she sees herself like a big sister to the little girl.

Hopefully, we'll get to meet Citon's mother later...

I love how dynamic the city, the people are, the background conversations are in this season...

With how this series is going, I doubt they can do anything wrong.

Actually yeah. this would be really cool
-TECHNICALLY- wouldn't Citron still have have 6 Pokemon? Harimaron, Horubee, Dedenne (which is technically still his), Coil, Rarecoil, and Elelizard...

although this ep seemed to still foreshadow 3 v. 3. citron would probably battle with his electric-types

Well 5 for now, idk about Dedenne, he really hasn't done anything with it since the one battle against TR. He can always get another though and just give Dedenne's pokeball to Bonnie.

Wow the animation in this episode was fantastic, it was so much fun to watch. Citron's dad was hilarious, love the goofy anime parents. My only complaint was that Bunnelby seemed a bit too strong. It was freshly caught and yet able to beat Citron's strongest Pokemon. Maybe it was because of the robot not being a good trainer.

On a side note, what are they gonna call the robot in the dub? Clembot?

Wow the animation in this episode was fantastic, it was so much fun to watch. Citron's dad was hilarious, love the goofy anime parents. My only complaint was that Bunnelby seemed a bit too strong. It was freshly caught and yet able to beat Citron's strongest Pokemon. Maybe it was because of the robot not being a good trainer.

I believe the reason given was that Citroid was battling with the style that Clemont programmed him with except for Bulldoze. Also I would assume Clemont knows Heliolisk's strengths and weaknesses making it easier for him to counter them.

You gotta remember that freshly caught, doesn't mean not trained. The battle between Ash and Clemont might have been his first, but prior to that, Clemont could of trained Bunnelby so that they were in sync. Also I hardly doubt that a freshly caught Bunnelby would have an advanced move set as it does so it is pretty obvious at least to me that Clemont trained him up a bit.

I believe the reason given was that Citroid was battling with the style that Clemont programmed him with except for Bulldoze. Also I would assume Clemont knows Heliolisk's strengths and weaknesses making it easier for him to counter them.

You gotta remember that freshly caught, doesn't mean not trained. The battle between Ash and Clemont might have been his first, but prior to that, Clemont could of trained Bunnelby so that they were in sync. Also I hardly doubt that a freshly caught Bunnelby would have an advanced move set as it does so it is pretty obvious at least to me that Clemont trained him up a bit.

Hmm you're probably right. Citron must have trained Bunnelby before meeting Ash which would make sense as to why he's so strong.

Hmm you're probably right. Citron must have trained Bunnelby before meeting Ash which would make sense as to why he's so strong.

Also he isn't as unbeatable as you think, he is just well trained. I mean come on, it is a gym leaders pokemon. I imagine Magnemite is pretty well trained too even though he is rather redundant.

...but Citron outright said he hadn't trained his bunny much, and that he was dead certain he wasn't going to win the battle for that very reason. Dd you guys even watch the episode?

...but Citron outright said he hadn't trained his bunny much, and that he was dead certain he wasn't going to win the battle for that very reason. Dd you guys even watch the episode?

And when was it said that Clemont doesn't have confidence issues?? And don't we all say stuff that isn't always true when we lack confidence??

I know I do.

And when was it said that Clemont doesn't have confidence issues?? And don't we all say stuff that isn't always true when we lack confidence??

I know I do.

When the only reason he gives for his lack of confidence is that his only on-hand Pokemon hasn't been trained much, I think we can safely assume that it hasn't been trained much.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom