• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY010: Harimaron VS Mega Mega Nyarth!!

Another episode focusing on Clemont. I love it! And adding cute, little Chespin. Double love!

First I'll start at the beginning. I'm glad that Serena and Bonnie attempted to rescue Sycamore, though I wish it would have been more successful than just getting in the van and Dedenne trying to chew Sycamore free. Also, I really hope Dedenne gets a real battle soon instead of always inconveniently being asleep. But the girls doing the motto with Bonnie doing those poses was hilarious.

Speaking of something hilarious, I never get tired of Clemont's slow running and exhaustion. His tiptoeing while sneaking up to Team Rocket's base was also adorable and funny, not to mention his and Sycamore being impressed by Team Rocket's invention.

But anyway, onto the mega mega Meowth plan. Clemont and Chespin were awesome here. Clemont jumping in the path of that rather slow moving robot to save Chespin was cool. Chespin was also really clever in remembering the robot's cord it tripped to earlier to stop it. I'm glad that Blaziken Mask and Mega Blaziken didn't entirely defeat Team Rocket and only made the robot easier for Clemont and Ash to stop. It was great.

And of course, Chespin deciding to share its food with the others at the end, adorable. I'm really glad Clemont got Chespin. It works well with him and I thought it was time that someone other than Ash got the grass-type starter. Overall, a great episode. 9/10.

citron get ur shit together your daddy jumps off buildings and you can't even run a 9 minute mile

Wow, these first 10 episodes have been perfect. All of the main characters have had a lot of focus and believable relationships with each other, the Rocket-dan is goofy and adorable while still being badass at the same time, the battles are well thought-out,and we still have some unresolved storylines. Please keep this up writers!!!

As for the episode itself, it was actually pretty hilarious. I'm surprised we got a motto-imitation so early in the series and it was nice to see Musashi's short-tempered personality resurface in reaction to that. I'm also surprised that Eureka called on Dedenne to use an attack; hopefully she becomes more of a battler as the series progresses. I'm not a big fan of Harimaron's personality since gluttonous Pokémon have been done to death, but its voice is super super cute so I can get over that. :)

One thing to note is that the series is past its advertising stage, meaning that all the episodes that used clips in XY's advertising before the series premiere have aired. From here on out, the Kalos adventure will get more interesting...

This was a good episode, I love it when they mock Team Rocket's motto and ignore it, my favorite moments of the episode :D

Eureka and Serena trying to imitate Rocket-dan's motto made me snicker. Otherwise, kinda boring episode imo.
Oh yeah, and Harimaron. I guess he was okay. And Citron is always awesome, of course.

This is actually pretty funny and I loved the sight of a tied up Sycam - ahem, of how this episode focused on Chespin and Clemont.

OMG, Bonnie you just have to be so cute ♥

And Citron's daddy - yup. Mr. MegaBlaziken saves the day :D hope he keeps appearing occasionally, and hopefully there will be an episode where Citron discovers his daddy is a superhero

And Citron's daddy - yup. Mr. MegaBlaziken saves the day :D hope he keeps appearing occasionally, and hopefully there will be an episode where Citron discovers his daddy is a superhero

Yes. There is so much that this series is going to give to us, I cannot wait.

*excited*

Fantastic episode. Every character is just done so well, that goes for both old and new. I don't even look forward to gym battles in particular any more, because we're getting quality episodes all the time anyway. I mean that Furfrou episode, something that should be boring had a pretty awesome battle in it. Aaaah. XY God tier.

Serena just needs something. She hasn't been ignored per se, but I do hope she gets around to catching a new Pokémon and finding a passion.

It kind of bothered me Serena didn't even attempt to use Fennekin...although that's nothing new, really, pretty much every episode in the entire show has the cast "forget" they have certain Pokemon for dramatic effect, but still it really stood out here. I guess the same could be said for not using Bunnelby (who is, surprisingly, the strongest cast member it seems bar Pikachu) or Froakie...

But otherwise it was a solid episode. I so hope we eventually get to see a TR Mecha vs. Citron Mecha Battle, I mean it's got to happen honestly.

This episode was pretty good. Even though I would have preferred for Chespin to fully destroy the mecha in this episode, I'm glad we got to see Mega Blaziken finally use another attack to begin its destruction. It was funny to see Serena and Bonnie doing their version of the motto and then Ash and Clemont sneaking through to free everyone while Team Rocket was so busy doing their motto.

Chespin was pretty cute in this episode, nice to see some of its expressions and the way it stuck its spikes out after the Pokedex mentioned them.

LOL this episode was so funny. I mean, I can't even point how many times I started laughing. I think the funniest part was Eureka and Serena mimicking Team Rocket's motto :dd The characters, but especially Citron, don't cease to amaze me. I mean, he cares so much about his friends (and apparently, so does Harimaron!) Speaking of the Grass-type starter, it is SO cute and funny in the anime. This part instantly brought tears to my eyes, for some reason:

Ufrqs60.png
Gosh, I think it is becoming my second favorite Pokémon. Right behind Fennekin, of course. Gen VI owns!

So, I loved how they need to elaborate some sort of strategy to defeat the mecha this time and even so, it didn't work in the end. In past series, they would have just blasted Team Rocket off with some random attacks, but happily things are different now! I also enjoyed Citron and Platane being enamored by Team Rocket's new mecha, it sort of reminded me of Monkey D. Luffy being impressed by enemies' abilities, even though they are, well, abilities from enemies.

Lastly, I didn't know Mega Barsyamo would re-appear in this episode, so I was legitimately surprised when it appeared along Citron's father. Also, I just noticed that they put Eureka and Dedenne, along Satoshi, Serena, Citron and their starters, in the opening. That is very cool, because it is like they acknowledge Dedenne is actually Eureka's Pokémon, not Citron's.

Damn, the writing is so good in X&Y.

See? Chespin really is the best Grass-type ever.
Sadly it had to go to Clemont, which guarantees less screen time

And why is the writing for earlier episodes so much better than end-of-series ones?
This one had flavor: the not-Rocket motto, Meowth's gripe about being ignored, superhero antics. It felt filler, but never dull.
But above all, it starred a cute, macaron-loving Chespin, so instant 10

So... here's my review. I have once again viewed the episode in HD subtitles. Wonderfully written, amazing action as always---and amazingly hilarious. This episode had everything, from ultra-cute Chespin, Eureka and Serena doing the motto (Eureka started it by copying even how they start it! That was great.), Eureka's kung fu moves, Citron being Citron and his development!! I loved this episode.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Serena, not knowing what to do and following Eureka's lead into the motto, was wonderfully done especially with how nervous she had been. One thing that I do love about this season's TR, there is something still very comical about them but also very dangerous. James is as much as a crazed genius as he is an idiot.

This is definitely my favorite version of Team Rocket. Unlike other seasons, I don't question the danger that TR can actually do... this season, the protagonist have a real fear when it comes to them as they should. They are the Rocket Gang. Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll further develop James's background here, in this season... if he would have a vacation home here too... I loved both Japanese episodes of the Jessibelle episodes.

Anyways, Chespin is adorable. Every scene that he is... I fell in love with the little pokemon.

Citron's line about how he cares about his friends the way that Chespin cares about Macarons was very nice. For some reason, Citron reminds me of Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho, my favorite character from that show.

Rating: 9.3/10

One thing that I do love about this season's TR, there is something still very comical about them but also very dangerous. James is as much as a crazed genius as he is an idiot.

This is definitely my favorite version of Team Rocket. Unlike other seasons, I don't question the danger that TR can actually do... this season, the protagonist have a real fear when it comes to them as they should. They are the Rocket Gang. Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll further develop James's background here, in this season... if he would have a vacation home here too... I loved both Japanese episodes of the Jessibelle episodes.

I have similar thoughts about the Rockets in this season, the way they're making their appearances count rather than shoehorning them into every episode is working out perfectly. Their mech in this episode was a believable threat for a change, but it didn't detract from their wackiness. My only gripe is the stock animation for their speech, though it admittedly does look really damn cool.

The empty six pack on the floor was an awesome detail, I wonder which one of them drank the most.

Is it just me or is Clemont getting better at running? It still exhausts him, but he's keeping up better now.

Clemont and Ash rock as an action duo, I'm serious about the cop movie thing. I hope Serena joins in and makes it a trio soon, I want to see all three of them throw down together while making inspiring heroic speeches and doing Sentai poses. Speaking of Serena, I like how she and Bonnie got a good scene at the beginning even though the episode didn't focus on them. They got to show they're just as brave as the boys and the Rocket imitation was hilarious.

Serena and Ash just stop and gaze at each other in the untying scene, yeah that's not shippy at all.

I was kinda hoping Blaziken Mask would get more screentime than he did, but I like what we got. I'm glad the kids don't know his identity yet, I'm feeling pretty sure now that we're going to be seeing more of him.

I liked Platane's "mysterious kids" line, he can tell there's something special about them.

Chespin totally gave Clemont one of the macarons that fell on the ground. I can't believe he ate it.

Last edited:
So glad about so many things first Ash did not catch the grass type starter so no snivy like occurence will happen. second Ash saved Serena furthering her crush I am sure. Third team rocket was smart, cool, talented and the cord was not entirely neccassary. fourth Bonnie cuteness grows. fifth Blaziken Mask is Clemont's father not lysandre which i hope they introduce him well. Also mega balziken kicked butt, and there was soem drama, how I love this anime...

Last edited:
Is it just me or is Clemont getting better at running? It still exhausts him, but he's keeping up better now.

Clemont and Ash rock as an action duo, I'm serious about the cop movie thing. I hope Serena joins in and makes it a trio soon, I want to see all three of them throw down together while making inspiring heroic speeches and doing Sentai poses. Speaking of Serena, I like how she and Bonnie got a good scene at the beginning even though the episode didn't focus on them. They got to show they're just as brave as the boys and the Rocket imitation was hilarious.

Serena and Ash just stop and gaze at each other in the untying scene, yeah that's not shippy at all.

Haha... yeah, not shippy at all. **looks the other way, prays for pokeshipping** lol... I'm actually not that big on pokeshipping anymore. **cries/** So shippy! I love amourshipping! ^_^

I noticed that, myself. Clemont is definitely getting better at running, must be getting in shape despite his being tired compared to the rest of the group. I don't know... he reminds me of the "strong guy" character of this season.

This season feels more like a real shounen anime with hints of shoujo---like Tsubasa Chronicles. I just hope it stays like this---especially when it's dubbed.

Haha... sentai group stuff would be amazing!..... "In the name of the moon, I will punish you?"... not a good line for them, ah whatever!

Eureka and Serena were just too cute!! I laughed a lot this episode - the theme song cutting off Kojiro, Eureka and Serena imitating the motto, Satoshi and Citron ignoring the Rockets, etc.

Also Harimaron is too cute!!! I love how cute and sneaky it is, and I loved the character development of Harimaron learning to share ^-^ Overall, one of the best episodes in XY so far!!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom