• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY017 - Froakie VS Frogadier! Ninja Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY0?? - Froakie VS Frogadier

I look forward to seeing how he learns his new attack, looks pretty cool from the trailer. Don't know about this guy being an actual big time rival for Ash, an easy win at best for him.

I like the return of competitive Ash, always fun to see :D

Re: XY0?? - Froakie VS Frogadier

I hope this battle is more like when Treecko and Gligar battled their evos over the other pre vs evolved Pokemon. I like Froakie and all but at this point I'm desperate for him to achieve greater heights then he ever could if he remained as he is.

So the ninja is a dude? What a bummer. Gekogashira looks amazing tho.

I would have preferred it if Froakie learned a move which we haven't seen hundreds of times already. Oh well.

And I think Iwane is involved in this one, so that's a plus.

Looks like Froakie could be learning both Double Team and Quick Attack in this episode. Maybe even another attack since its hand was glowing when it was chasing around Frogadier. Though that might have been just Froakie getting ready to use Water Pulse.

I hope that the battle between Froakie and Frogadier is well done, even if Froakie loses it. Since Froakie is going to be training to learn another attack, I don't think it's going to win in this battle. Based on the caption, I think there's a good possibility that the battle between them won't be finished and Team Rocket will appear in the middle of it instead of afterward.

wait for it.... wait for it... wait for it...

tumblr_inline_mzhwmxkewB1s5p91u.png

SANPEI NOTICED ME

i'm sorry i'm so immature i really am but that is honestly what i kept thinking because gekogashira is senpai ninja

Just as long as no one says "Believe it!"...

I can care less about evolution or new moves in this episode I just want a badass ninja battle.

Sigh...another Keromatsu focus/battle episode. Does Serena's Fokko even exist?

Anyway, I predict the following will happen:
-Ash and co meet ninja trainer and his Frogadier.
-Naturally Ash challenges with his unevolved evo to attempt to prove a point
-Froakie puts up a good battle, learning Double Team in the process.
-Froakie loses, and the ninja trainer notes that Ash isn't using Froakie's speed to his full potential
-Thus begins training to master quick attack (Why can't he just learn from his Pikachu?)
-TR appears, training pays, blasting off again
-Either the ep ends there, or Ash and trainer have a rematch and Froakie wins with newfound speed

Btw, I feel Double Team is the new Attract. Froakie, Fletchling AND Bunnelby now all know it.

Here's hoping it's not like XY 13 where it was a highly anticipated fight, yet turned out sour. As I see it Froakie has a big ego, and hates to be bested, again, another similarity to Ash's Treecko. I don't think it will evolve this episode, something which I think should be saved for Ash's fight against Grant, but that's later on. From the preview we know that Froakie learns Double team, and possibly Quick Attack could be another. I think Froakie was using pound when it's hand was glowing white which is a move it should know already yet hasn't displayed yet.

All in all, I'm rather hyped for this, the Battle Maison episode, and the Malamar one too.

Froakie's other move is Quick Attack? Well, it needed a close-range move, but I would have preferred it to learn Bounce or Smack Down.

-Froakie loses, and the ninja trainer notes that Ash isn't using Froakie's speed to his full potential
-Thus begins training to master quick attack (Why can't he just learn from his Pikachu?)
-Either the ep ends there, or Ash and trainer have a rematch and Froakie wins with newfound speed

Btw, I feel Double Team is the new Attract. Froakie, Fletchling AND Bunnelby now all know it.

I would be very surprised if this isn't exactly what happens haha

I can agree with this, except that Quick Attack should be learned earlier, and Double Team later. It seems the main emphasis is Frogadier's speed, and we also saw Froakie use Double Team against TR's mecha which is usually near the end of an episode.

Well it looks like Froakie is gonna know Pound considering its animated how most of the past pokemon use it. Couple that with Double Team and you have decent move set.

Quick is just unnecessary though. Replacing a Water Move with a normal type move when he already knows a normal type move just isn't good. If Quick Attack replaced Pound then ok I guess but that just makes me wonder why they would include Pound anyways. They could of just stuck to the two moves he already had and debut Double Team, then have him train for Quick Attack.

I don't mind if he replaces a move, as long as it's Bubble. That's a weak move anyway and he has 2 range water moves so it's fine for now. Water pulse, double team, pound and quick attack is an awesome move set for a pokemon this early in the series

New summary:
While Satoshi and Keromatsu are training, they meet the Ninja Trainer Sanpei and the "Bubble Frog Pokémon" Gekogashira. Satoshi challenges Sanpei to a Pokémon battle, but ends up beaten. So in order to teach Keromatsu "Quick Attack", which Gekogashira used during the battle, he decides to learn the essence of fighting from Sanpei. Learning this essence requires stern training, so Satoshi and Keromatsu immediately start training alongside Sanpei and Gekogashira.

Credit goes to Dephender on Serebii.

Thank jesus Froakie loses lol. Quick Attack still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. But at least the summary makes it sound like just training in general instead of only for Quick Attack. Also he seems to be a friendly guy(thank god), so I wouldn't mind if he is Ash's rival.

New summary:
While Satoshi and Keromatsu are training, they meet the Ninja Trainer Sanpei and the "Bubble Frog Pokémon" Gekogashira. Satoshi challenges Sanpei to a Pokémon battle, but ends up beaten. So in order to teach Keromatsu "Quick Attack", which Gekogashira used during the battle, he decides to learn the essence of fighting from Sanpei. Learning this essence requires stern training, so Satoshi and Keromatsu immediately start training alongside Sanpei and Gekogashira.

Credit goes to Dephender on Serebii.

Thank jesus Froakie loses lol. Quick Attack still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. But at least the summary makes it sound like just training in general instead of only for Quick Attack. Also he seems to be a friendly guy(thank god), so I wouldn't mind if he is Ash's rival.

Wow, I was RIGHT on the money (more or less).

Even though I am annoyed it is another Keromatsu episode, I do feel bad for the frog because it just keeps losing. And no, that "victory" over Harimaron does not count. But I guess all of this buildup, training, and focus eps will make it pretty badass later on in the series like Ash's Lizardon, Jukain and Goukazaru.
And I still think that it can learn Quick Attack from Ash's Pikachu. I hope that will at least be acknowledged in the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom