• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY019: Madame X's Plot! The Scary Calamanero!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY??: Conrtolled/Possessed Pikachu

Yep, I think this thread should be closed, or merged?

Either way's fine.

My sincere apologies, everyone. I just saw that footage, got extra-intrigued, and thought it warranted its own thread. Sorry.

[VIDEO=youtube;SeAFofoNehM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAFofoNehM[/VIDEO]
Starts at 1:15 and ends at 2:05.

Oh God this looks extemely creepy and pretty dark to me. What's with those weird cocoon/sticky stuff in that weird building with the weird Malamar? And we've gotten a lot of controlled Pikachu plots by now, but I don't recall one of them being so odd. When Pikachu attacks Ash, he doesn't sound angry like other times, he sounds rather in a really deep trance...

Malamar is the most evil looking Pokémon I ever seen. :scared: dat creepy voice and just overall dark aura.

I wonder why Calamanero is being given the focus that it is. Calling it "the most evil pokemon" and spending a good deal of the trailer on its episode(s) seems kind of random to me.

And the existence of someone named "Madame X" makes me wonder if there's going to be a "Madame Y" somewhere down the road.

I wonder why Calamanero is being given the focus that it is. Calling it "the most evil pokemon" and spending a good deal of the trailer on its episode(s) seems kind of random to me.

Probably just for hype (like so many old-school comic book cover blurbs). Though it be nice to finally have a Pokémon that's actually evil for a change...

And the existence of someone named "Madame X" makes me wonder if there's going to be a "Madame Y" somewhere down the road.

I just hope she becomes a recurring baddy like a certain huntress (the only thing that would make it better if it was actually her under than cloak...)

The TRIo (finally) has their groove back, we have a Show-exclusive hunter, Arceus willing the Boss will step up again, and now this.

XY is looking pretty good for us PokeVillain fans! :-D

The only other Pokemon I can think of that was unflinchingly evil was Spiritomb...no misunderstandings or anything, he was just a jerk that needed to be re-sealed. But then again he's literally made up of evil spirits.

Re: XY0?? - Malamar

I think Madame X will probably be like a code name or something, to hide that she's secretly an Admin of Team Flare or something. Like maybe she'll cause damage for now and not reveal herself until at the end of the episode or later on.

Most likely I think Ash will try to talk Pikachu out of being controlled. Madame X sure has that evil feel to her.

==============

Dialog from the trailer, translation from Bluesun -->

"X: I am Madam X... and this is Karamanero... From this day forth, you will follow me!"
"Satoshi: Pikachu!"
"X (referring to Pikachu): Show me your power."
"Nyarth (interpreting Karamanero): 'Through this, the world will change. And when that time comes, our enormous plan will be set into action.'"
"Satoshi: Karamanero... What a terrible Pokemon..."

Last edited:

To me, this episode is going to put paid to any speculation about Kojiro's Maaiika evolving because of how powerful they're making Calamanero seem in this episode... I mean, if Kojiro did end up with a Calamanero, it seems he could just use its hypnosis powers to snare Pikachu straight away. This is not a Pokemon I could see blasting off at the end of every episode.

I completely agree that Kojiro's Maaiika is not evolving into this bad boy! :p Not to mention that I strongly suspect this Madame X will be a recurring character. I actually hope that she is a separate entity from Flare and can exert evilness in her own way (à la Hunter J).

But regardless of the repetitiveness of Pikachu being possessed again, this episode looks like it'll be good fun!

I think Madame X will probably be like a code name or something, to hide that she's secretly an Admin of Team Flare or something. Like maybe she'll cause damage for now and not reveal herself until at the end of the episode or later on.

Most likely I think Ash will try to talk Pikachu out of being controlled. Madame X sure has that evil feel to her.

==============

Dialog from the trailer, translation from Bluesun -->

"X: I am Madam X... and this is Karamanero... From this day forth, you will follow me!"
"Satoshi: Pikachu!"
"X (referring to Pikachu): Show me your power."
"Nyarth (interpreting Karamanero): 'Through this, the world will change. And when that time comes, our enormous plan will be set into action.'"
"Satoshi: Karamanero... What a terrible Pokemon..."
Well ... wow. I'm excited now, actually. Malamar seems to be really evil, especially since Ash points it out.

So it either already belongs to Team Flare or IS going to become a part of TF eventually.

I don't think Madame X is a bad guy (in fact isn't it Jenny, plus at the end it appears she's being helped by Ash and co.), it seems Malamar is controlling her as a human host.

To me, this episode is going to put paid to any speculation about Kojiro's Maaiika evolving because of how powerful they're making Calamanero seem in this episode... I mean, if Kojiro did end up with a Calamanero, it seems he could just use its hypnosis powers to snare Pikachu straight away. This is not a Pokemon I could see blasting off at the end of every episode.

I have to disagree, I can see it evolving at a way later point where Ash and friends get their Pokemon stronger. Team Rocket's Pokemon need to keep getting stronger so that they won't later get easily blast off every episode that they appear in.

Yeah, Inkay is set to stay as an Inkay, I don't see how such a beast like Malamar could fit James...

Anyway, it looks this will be an exciting episode, that Malamar is so evil looking omg :scared: and this Madame X stuff is interesting, hopefully the first hint of TF appearance.

This woman reminds me a bit of Madame Boss. Considering one of the text says something on the line of being a threat to Team Rocket (and actually attacking them), it's clear that she's not affliated with them. I hope she becomes a recurring villain like Hunter J...

Will there be Monsieur Y...

Re: XY019: Malamar

Me and my Friends thought of something possibly of what this Malamar is, we have thought that it COUOD be a Team Flare Grunts or Xerosic's, this just Speculation because it is the Best we could think of, or it could be just a Wild Malamar that HATES Humans and Pokemon. We will find Out in Due Time.

Re: XY019: Malamar

We already have a thread for this episode, so a mod might want to lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom