• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY019: Madame X's Plot! The Scary Calamanero!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY019 - Malamar

Yasss, nice to know Malamar episode is coming, probably going to air on March 13, I can't wait, I hope there's a brief cameo of Team Flare at least.

Re: XY019 - Malamar

I'm really not a big fan of the type of episodes were Ash's Pikachu is manipulated and saved by the power of friendship, so hopefully the resolution in getting Pikachu back in control is different. A Malamar being portrayed as being evil and manipulative isn't that surprising as the species does have an "evil" look to it to contrast the nice and cute appearance of Inkay. Having Pokemon who are genuinely evil and want to harm others from their own will that doesn't involve chasing who bothers it do tend to be the more interesting Pokemon for me because of how underused they are and dangerous they can be. An episode with genuine danger should help in making the episodes more varied too. I'm interesting in seeing what's Malamar's motive for manipulating an Officer Jenny, and I honestly hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those confused Pokemon who didn't know any better as those kind of Pokemon tend to lead to very underwhelming resolutions.

Last edited:
What if Madame X turned out to be Clemont and Bonnie's mother? That would be a funny plot twist. It will be like Limone being Blaziken Mask. I would love a good plot twist. She will removes the hood and Clemont and Bonnie will be like "mom?".

Ah hell, this mofo's trying to mind control PEOPLE too! :eek:

Last edited:
Preview
- Meowth looks tired and falls down.
- There's a big Pikahcu mecha.
- Ash gets zapped by Pikachu.

[video=youtube;S0VoepNCX1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0VoepNCX1w[/video]

Malamar controls everybody but Ash and Meowth. O_O

Wonder if they will reveal Malamars reason for being evil? Or will it never be explained like the evil Togepi in DP?

Preview
- Ash gets zapped by Pikachu.

Ah heck, he gets zapped all the time. Nothing special there! :p

Wonder if they will reveal Malamars reason for being evil? Or will it never be explained like the evil Togepi in DP?

Hopefully never. I want a Pokémon that's actually EVIL for once. Not misunderstood. Not under orders. Not misguided. I want a Pokemon who's a complete & total dick who wants to screw with people for purely selfish reasons. And I think I'm not alone.

Unlike the evil Togepi I hope this Malamar is a recurring character. (and possibly belongs to TF)

Is Madame X possessed like the rest of the characters? We haven't seen her eyes prior to the latest preview, but they do resemble the others'.

This I have been Pumped for a While Now, and it is looking even more AWESOME, EVERYONE is Possessed EXCEPT Ash and Meowth, these 2 Stand Alone, and let's see what will happen. Madame X is Officer Jenny, it has been Kind of Obvious for me side they Revealed her in the Cloak but probably other people Suspected this too I Think.

This Malamar Interests me, it has men Curious at why it is doing this? It could be another Evil Pokemon like Togepi in DP and someone said this on YouTube thinking that it could be the Pokemon Version of Hunter J. As much as I would Want this to happen, I don't see that Working too well, but I am really Excited though even if this Malamar makes ONLY 1 Appearance, I will be VERY Satisfied if it is a Good Episode I Feel Like.

So why is this episode airing on the 13th instead of the 7th?

Judging by the preview, the animation in this episode is really good. Who's directing this one? Please be Tamagawa

Judging by the preview, the animation in this episode is really good. Who's directing this one? Please be Tamagawa

Tamagawa Akihiro was the fourth credited key animator for episode #18. It is unlikely he would have had the time to act as the Animation Supervisor (Sakuga Kantoku) for episode #19.

Honestly, idk about this episode. Nothing about it really screams interesting to me or plot relevant. I know people are hoping for Team Flare but since we never really saw anything and we know Malamar possessed Jenny, it seems more likely that it's her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom