• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY020: Battle Chateau Challenge! Viola VS Zakuro!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY020: Fletchinder

@Odinn; I said BASIC STAGE, so the Pidgeotto argument doesn't qualify, as Pidgeotto is a middle-stage form, not the base form. But that still proves that Fletchling has high potential, as it DID win at least one battle in a Gym, which no other first-stage bird he's had has done so, even if Surskit was weakened, it still counts. A victory is a victory in Pokemon, no matter how you look at it. And if you don't believe me, look up Ash's Fletchling on the wiki, as it states exactly what I've said. But let's not turn this into a debate. Let's just say that Fletchling won a Gym Battle, but it still needs work, and call it a day.

I have to agree with Odinn here. While Fletchling did score a victory, there are several elements that must be considered:
-Surskit was already weakened by Pikachu's Iron Tail
-Fletchling had several advantages in the form of type AND being in the air
-It was at full health

Ash's Taillow did indeed lose it's gym battle in it's basic stage. But this is the same Taillow that did not faint from consecutive Thunderbolt's from Pikachu (which none of Ash's other regional bird Pokemon can attest to), and went on to absorb even more elctricity in the infamous Thunder Armor.

Ash's Starly wasn't able to participate because Ash had enough sense to not use it in a Rock type gym. So you can't really fairly compare it there in terms of potential either.

I guess you could say that Fletchling is getting more action than Pidove did at this time, but at the same time Ash had a party of four and five in his respective 1st and 2nd gym battles. And when he has a party of starters, any regional bird will not see much gym time (and thus a way to showcase its power/potential).

It's true that Fletchling got a victory, but that is merely a fact/trivia. It shouldn't be used as some credible significant amazing godsend fact that means that it will be/is superior to Ash's other bird Pokemon as of now.

Darn, that's a shame about Fletchling not evolving but if it at least gets some needed attention in an episode it should be good, maybe a new move to at least give it some more needed power.

Who's to say it won't evolve mid-way through the episode? For all we know it could be some trainer wanting to fight better with it or even a wild one for that matter.

Who's to say it won't evolve mid-way through the episode? For all we know it could be some trainer wanting to fight better with it or even a wild one for that matter.

Fletchling is shown to still be unevolved in an episode that takes place after the events of this episode. It's probably a wild one or a trainer's.

Hmmm, bit of a shame that Ash's Fletchling won't be evolving this episode. Still nice to see it getting some training and hopefully some much needed focus. Will make it's eventual evolution all the more satisfying. Plus I don't think it needs a new move yet. It's move set for a base level bird is pretty sweet already. Wait for the Evo before giving it something else.

Of course that could just be Ash and Pikachu battling a random trainers Fletchling and it evolves :p

ポケットモンスター エックスワイ:あにてれ:テレビ東京

挑戦バトルシャトー!ビオラVSザクロ!!
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_xy/images/next/img_next140320.jpg

This is the reason why I found the Data Broadcast unreliable. Why? Because it causes things like this. What have to do a episode of Viola and Grant with Fletchlinder? At priori, no.

And I tohught that the Chateau were for March? Why? Because the preview have audiuo, and even though the Chespin scene with sound that aired on 22th August appeared in XY10 (12th December), it would be difficult that this will happen again. I thought that the Chespin episode was made before that earlier episodes because the element present on it (Mega Blaziken, Chespin (a starter) while this isn't the case with XY20.

Sorry, I spoke too soon. XY020 is the Battle Chateau episode, and a Fletchinder will appear here.

Maybe Ash's Fletchling will evolve during a training battle with Pikachu. There is a possibility, however, for the Fletchinder to belong to the male COTD. He does have a Fletchling cap on. It seems equally likely for the COTD to also have a Fletchling that won't evolve during this episode, but he wants the Fletchling to evolve (in which case, a Fletchinder can appear in a fantasy or PokeDex entry).

The Data Broadcasts may feature pokemon that are only shown for a few seconds (i.e. Lapras in BW141).

That's definitely Fletchling. But, this episode might have a Trainer (perhaps Nikola or Tesla) who already has a Fletchinder. If that's the case, then let it be so. I, for one, think it's a great idea for a Trainer to have a Pokemon that's already evolved. I hope you guys agree.

Honestly, I really hope that Fletchling evolves here. I really like it when Ash debuts pokemon plus his basic stage pokemon who can evolve twice, usually evolve around this time.

3/20 #20「挑戦バトルシャトー!ビオラVSザクロ!!」
サトシたちはポケモンバトルの社交場である「バトルシャトー」で、ハクダンジムのジムリーダー・ビオラと再会。
そこにはもうひとり……サトシの次なる目的地・ショウヨウジムのジムリーダー・ザクロがいた。お互い
バトルシャトーで勝ち星を重ねてきたビオラとザクロがついに激突する!
≫脚本=冨岡淳広 演出=前園文夫 絵コンテ=樋口香里 作画監督=小山知洋

Like you can see, the magazines Newtype, Animage and a 3rd one has been released.

Might either of these guys be a rival? A rival who uses Dusknoir would be cool but I think if any of them will appear again, it would be one of the two guys with the birds

I'm going to make a mostly baseless guess and say that episode #27 or #28 will be the gym battle with Zakuro. I believe Asada and Iwane are working on the 03 April 2014 special Pocket Monster XY Special Episode 'The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act I~'. If they're going to be involved in the gym battle like they were with Viola then #27-28 would be the next possible chance, either on 08 May or 15 May. Iwane usually cranks out a TV episode in five or six weeks, after all.

EDIT: Whoops, I just realized that it is the Iris special on 27 March that Asada and Iwane are involved with. Still, early May would probably be the earliest we'll see Zakuro return.

Last edited:
Is it weird that the characters in the preview remind me of Ash's past rivals?

I get a Paul/Trip vibe from the guy with Dusknoir, a Barry vibe from the guy with Fletchling, and a Morrison vibe from the guy with Fletchinder. All three of them look like formidable rivals for Ash.

I'm going to make a mostly baseless guess and say that episode #27 or #28 will be the gym battle with Zakuro. I believe Asada and Iwane are working on the 03 April 2014 special Pocket Monster XY Special Episode 'The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act I~'. If they're going to be involved in the gym battle like they were with Viola then #27-28 would be the next possible chance, either on 08 May or 15 May. Iwane usually cranks out a TV episode in five or six weeks, after all.

EDIT: Whoops, I just realized that it is the Iris special on 27 March that Asada and Iwane are involved with. Still, early May would probably be the earliest we'll see Zakuro return.

Or..you know...it could be a whole year like it was in Sinnoh with Ash's 8th badge haha.

Or..you know...it could be a whole year like it was in Sinnoh with Ash's 8th badge haha.

I could live with that if it meant less breaks between the other gym battles. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom