• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY020: Battle Chateau Challenge! Viola VS Zakuro!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY020: Fletchinder

We can'0t be sure that Fletchlinder is going to appear.

Anyways, I want that this doesn't mean that Fletchling is going to evolve soon because I don't want to.

I'll be the first to say it: Yayakoma evolution? The thing hasgotten pretty good screentime so far, and Ash;s recent birds have gotten into their second stages pretty quickly. (We got Muku.BIRD in DP14, and Hatoboh in BW22)

I'll be the first to say it: Yayakoma evolution? The thing hasgotten pretty good screentime so far, and Ash;s recent birds have gotten into their second stages pretty quickly. (We got Muku.BIRD in DP14, and Hatoboh in BW22)

I really hope so, Fletchinder is my fav middle evo regional bird and Ash needs some fire power.

I hope it doesn't learn Ember though. Something like Incinerate would be cool since it hasn't even debuted yet.

No
Capture2_zpsa46a2dd3.png

If you see the image, you know it's a Hinoyakoma, not a Yayakoma.

No
Capture2_zpsa46a2dd3.png

If you see the image, you know it's a Hinoyakoma, not a Yayakoma.

Are you sure? Because judging by the completely circular shape of its head, it looks more like a Yayakoma/Fletchling. Hinoyakoma/Fletchinder have a pointed crest at the back of their head.

I don't know though. I'm not exactly ready for a Yayakoma evolution. I enjoy it's little spunk, and what it showed in it's battle with Ametama. And altogether, it only has two battles under it's belt during it's time with Ash. Also, I do not want Ash getting an evo when Serena's Fokko has yet to do anything. No, stahp it.

That pic just looks like Pikachu and Fletchling are training. I'm ok with Fletchling evolving here. Love Fletchinder, gives him some fire power, and Fletching has proved itself more than any other base level bird since Taillow. Incinerate or Flame charge would be a healthy addition to it's move set

Muku.BIRD. Now that brings back memories.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Fletchling evolve this early either. Starly evolved very early into DP, which is very interesting in hindsight considering how long the series was. Pidove also evolved as early as before the third Gym in Best Wishes, though that wasn't such a surprise after Starly and we knew that BW would be a faster-paced series. Fletchling does appear in the upcoming Battle Chateau episode, so we'll have to see whether events of that episode occur prior to or during this one before we truly know.

Its the regional bird lol, it should evolve as fast as possible.

The writers can let it evolve ASAP. But they shouldn't let it reach Pidgeot/Swellow/Staraptor level.

The writers can let it evolve ASAP. But they shouldn't let it reach Pidgeot/Swellow/Staraptor level.

Why??? I want a Talonflame in Ash's hands, imagine that beastly fire bird.

Why??? I want a Talonflame in Ash's hands, imagine that beastly fire bird.
Sure, it will became a Talonflame. If Ash has a flying type, there is no-doubt it'll reach its final stage. And sure it'll be powerful. But it doesn't have to be a powerhouse like Swellow or the other two.
His Fletchling is the only thing I dislike in Kalos so far. This quote is from my 'Ash's Pokemon You Dislike' thread;
- Fletchling; Still early to talk probably. But steals food, leads you to a Beedrill swarm and laughs at you, then suddenly a cutie. I wonder when was the last time Ash was positive towards a food-stealing Pokemon... I hope the writers keep this Fletchling like Unfezant. I would hate it if it reaches Pidgeot/Swellow/Staraptor level.

I'm cool with Fletchling evolving, if that's the case. I mean, it's gonna end up as Ash's Fire-type for the region, and as the regional Flying-type (as well as being a staple for Ash), it should evolve pretty soon. Taillow took way too long to evolve into Swellow, even though it became a powerhouse, and I would like to see Talonflame relatively early in the series (as Staraptor took a very long time to evolve, despite evolving into Staravia very early). So I hope it evolves so that way Ash can have his Fire-type. And since Fletchling has done what no other basic stage bird Mon has done for Ash (get a Gym win without evolving), I think it needs to bolster itself and evolve. As for any moves that I hope the flaming birdie learns, Flame Charge would be a good move for it.

Fletchling is a boring Pokemon in my opinion, so it's good if it evolves now in this episode for Ash to get some stronger new meat to rely on instead of Pikachu. I doubt it will be helpful or even used in the second gym, but it would be getting some attention it deserves after all the Froakie centred episodes. Hopefully this episode and doesn't turn out to be the generic "Team Rocket is almost going to succeed capturing Pikachu and other Pokemon but fail due to an unexpected evolution that helps destroy a part of the machinery that was keeping the Pokemon locked in that couldn't be destroyed before evolving!" evolution.

And since Fletchling has done what no other basic stage bird Mon has done for Ash (get a Gym win without evolving),
I didn't like this part. Don't think I'm hating. But that kinda perspective leaves the context outside. That's why I'm responding to this part.

If you're talking about Ash's Fletchling defeating Viola's Surskit in Ash's first try;
- Before the evolution, Starly didn't participate in a gym-battle. That's not a fair point of view for Staraptor.
- Taillow got beaten in his first gym-battle because Ash's idiocity was at its highest. Do you remember the episode?.. One of the few times I really wanted to smack Ash to death.
- In its first gym-battle; before the TR interruption, Pidgeotto was sweeping the floor with Starmie in Cerulean Gym.
And Taillow and Pidgeotto was up against fresh Machop and Starmie. Not relatively weakened Surskit.

It can be said I stated Pidgeot/Swellow/Staraptor situations early because I do not like Fletchling but still that perspective isn't accurate for Fletchling.
In the 1st try, it defeated Surskit quickly and got defeated by Vivillon awfully. In the 2nd try, it put up a way better fight against Vivillon with landing a few attacks before going down.
Is there a doubt it battled better in the 2nd?

@Odinn; I said BASIC STAGE, so the Pidgeotto argument doesn't qualify, as Pidgeotto is a middle-stage form, not the base form. But that still proves that Fletchling has high potential, as it DID win at least one battle in a Gym, which no other first-stage bird he's had has done so, even if Surskit was weakened, it still counts. A victory is a victory in Pokemon, no matter how you look at it. And if you don't believe me, look up Ash's Fletchling on the wiki, as it states exactly what I've said. But let's not turn this into a debate. Let's just say that Fletchling won a Gym Battle, but it still needs work, and call it a day.

@Odinn; I said BASIC STAGE, so the Pidgeotto argument doesn't qualify, as Pidgeotto is a middle-stage form, not the base form. But that still proves that Fletchling has high potential, as it DID win at least one battle in a Gym, which no other first-stage bird he's had has done so, even if Surskit was weakened, it still counts. A victory is a victory in Pokemon, no matter how you look at it. And if you don't believe me, look up Ash's Fletchling on the wiki, as it states exactly what I've said. But let's not turn this into a debate. Let's just say that Fletchling won a Gym Battle, but it still needs work, and call it a day.
My bad about Pidgeotto, you're right. The other points stand still.
It defeated a relatively weakened Surskit which is one of the weakest Pokemon there are with a super effective move. I won't call it 'win is a win'. It's like saying 'Kobe>Duncan because 5>4'. Can't ignore the context.

I disagree with Fletchling having a high potential. I mean when a Pokemon of Ash goes down that can be called a winner, it goes like a winner. We get that kinda feeling from the anime. When it went down against Vivillon for the 2nd time, I was expecting that kinda feeling but I haven't got. But we'll have to wait for the answer and we will see when the time comes.

Since a debate would be hypothetical at this point, like you've already stated, have a good day.

According to the XY Boardgame Data Broadcast, this is XY020. XY018 is the Snorlax episode, and XY019 is the Madame X/Malamar episode.

Yet, this preview shows all of Ash's pokemon appearing in the Battle Chateau episode (go to 2:32).

[video=youtube;p671NlG2HWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p671NlG2HWM[/video]
Since this episode will air before the BC one, the Fletchinder is not Ash's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom