• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview XY022: Fish up the Golden Koiking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY022: Fish the Golden Magikarp!
Airing: April 10

Last edited by a moderator:
King of Luxray
Reaction score
Wow! A shiny Magikarp hasn't appeared in the anime in ages. My guess for one appearing in the anime again after so long is because of the fishing chain feature in the games, were the more successful fishing chains you have, the more likely you'll find a shiny Pokemon while fishing if the chain doesn't break. Just seeing a shiny in the show instead of the movies is good too, I don't think there are that many children who know about their existence too, and from seeing the episode they might try go fishing to find a shiny.

Lovely
Reaction score
SHINY MAGIKARP OMG

It's been years since they last shown us a shiny (not counting Genesect). Can't wait for this episode

Reaction score
Shiny Magikarp, NICE, I Like Shiny Magikarp, they are Cool, and I Like Magikarp even though they are USELESS, I CAN'T HATE THEM. I Wonder what the Episode will be about with this Shiny here?

Reaction score
It's been years since they last shown us a shiny (not counting Genesect).
Not that many years, we did have Shiny Onix for about a year and a half ago.

Even though I preferably would like to see a shiny of a Pokémon we already haven't seen a shiny version of, though I think it's a great way of promoing the fishinig chain events in the XY games.

Any way the wind blows
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He / Him
Wow! A shiny Magikarp hasn't appeared in the anime in ages. My guess for one appearing in the anime again after so long is because of the fishing chain feature in the games, were the more successful fishing chains you have, the more likely you'll find a shiny Pokemon while fishing if the chain doesn't break. Just seeing a shiny in the show instead of the movies is good too, I don't think there are that many children who know about their existence too, and from seeing the episode they might try go fishing to find a shiny.
Possibly, although there is also a giant golden Magikarp statue in the Ambrette Aquarium in the games, where this episode takes place.

It's been years since they last shown us a shiny (not counting Genesect).
Not that many years, we did have Shiny Onix for about a year and a half ago.
And Shiny Druddigon, even less time ago.

Last edited:
Melodies Of Life
Reaction score
You can tell team rocket will be in this episode.. ;)

King of Luxray
Reaction score
Possibly, although there is also a giant golden Magikarp statue in the Ambrette Aquarium in the games, where this episode takes place.
Ohhhh I completely forgot about that statue...

I think it's likely that it's to do both of them at once, the location is perfect too as it's the earliest you can get a rod.

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
I hope the Koiking Salesman makes a comeback.

WHAT A TWIST!
Reaction score
I hope the Koiking Salesman makes a comeback.
Ya beat me to it!

...Still gonna say it though!

Oh, please let this mean James' sworn enemy, the diabolical Magikarp Salesman, will return! (leaving empty wallets and broken hearts in his wake!)

Reaction score
It looks like they reach Ambrette Town in this episode. I guess Cyllage gym battle will occur before XY30, what a HUGE gap, Ash got his first badge on XY6.

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
There's a huge gap in the games too, y'know.

Reaction score
I know that, but I was thinking about 15-18 episodes, not over 20, there's still a string of fillers happening in this gap, which is not a bad thing as long as they're entertaining.

Reaction score
I Would Laugh REALLY HARD if the Magikarp Salesman Returned in this Episode IT WOULD BE REALLY HILARIOUS, but I'M Interested with this Episode, I Like Shiny Pokemon, and Shiny Magikarp are Cool Looking.

Reaction score
I'm going to be disappointed if the salesman isn't in this ep.

Reaction score
Now if only the Magikarp Salesman was in this Episode, this would be an Episode I would be Looking Forward to.

Reaction score
I'm hoping we get some fun TR interaction this episode. Even if the salesman himself isn't present, which I think is unlikely, some reference about the species in the past would be appreciated.

It would actually be pretty clever if they somehow were able to make reference to chain fishing for shinies, though I have no idea how they would believably go about doing that. It just being about that golden Magikarp statue is far more likely.

This is an understatement.

Call me Robert guys
Reaction score
I just hope there is actually a Shiny Magikarp in this episode, I mean I wouldn't put it past the writers to trick us.

Status
Not open for further replies.