• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY022: Fish up the Golden Koiking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY022: Fish the Golden Magikarp!
Airing: April 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! A shiny Magikarp hasn't appeared in the anime in ages. My guess for one appearing in the anime again after so long is because of the fishing chain feature in the games, were the more successful fishing chains you have, the more likely you'll find a shiny Pokemon while fishing if the chain doesn't break. Just seeing a shiny in the show instead of the movies is good too, I don't think there are that many children who know about their existence too, and from seeing the episode they might try go fishing to find a shiny.

SHINY MAGIKARP OMG

It's been years since they last shown us a shiny (not counting Genesect). Can't wait for this episode

Shiny Magikarp, NICE, I Like Shiny Magikarp, they are Cool, and I Like Magikarp even though they are USELESS, I CAN'T HATE THEM. I Wonder what the Episode will be about with this Shiny here?

It's been years since they last shown us a shiny (not counting Genesect).

Not that many years, we did have Shiny Onix for about a year and a half ago.

Even though I preferably would like to see a shiny of a Pokémon we already haven't seen a shiny version of, though I think it's a great way of promoing the fishinig chain events in the XY games.

Wow! A shiny Magikarp hasn't appeared in the anime in ages. My guess for one appearing in the anime again after so long is because of the fishing chain feature in the games, were the more successful fishing chains you have, the more likely you'll find a shiny Pokemon while fishing if the chain doesn't break. Just seeing a shiny in the show instead of the movies is good too, I don't think there are that many children who know about their existence too, and from seeing the episode they might try go fishing to find a shiny.
Possibly, although there is also a giant golden Magikarp statue in the Ambrette Aquarium in the games, where this episode takes place.

It's been years since they last shown us a shiny (not counting Genesect).

Not that many years, we did have Shiny Onix for about a year and a half ago.
And Shiny Druddigon, even less time ago.

Last edited:
You can tell team rocket will be in this episode.. ;)

Possibly, although there is also a giant golden Magikarp statue in the Ambrette Aquarium in the games, where this episode takes place.

Ohhhh I completely forgot about that statue...

I think it's likely that it's to do both of them at once, the location is perfect too as it's the earliest you can get a rod.

I hope the Koiking Salesman makes a comeback.

Ya beat me to it!

...Still gonna say it though!

Oh, please let this mean James' sworn enemy, the diabolical Magikarp Salesman, will return! (leaving empty wallets and broken hearts in his wake!)

It looks like they reach Ambrette Town in this episode. I guess Cyllage gym battle will occur before XY30, what a HUGE gap, Ash got his first badge on XY6.

There's a huge gap in the games too, y'know.

I know that, but I was thinking about 15-18 episodes, not over 20, there's still a string of fillers happening in this gap, which is not a bad thing as long as they're entertaining.

I Would Laugh REALLY HARD if the Magikarp Salesman Returned in this Episode IT WOULD BE REALLY HILARIOUS, but I'M Interested with this Episode, I Like Shiny Pokemon, and Shiny Magikarp are Cool Looking.

I'm going to be disappointed if the salesman isn't in this ep.

Now if only the Magikarp Salesman was in this Episode, this would be an Episode I would be Looking Forward to.

I'm hoping we get some fun TR interaction this episode. Even if the salesman himself isn't present, which I think is unlikely, some reference about the species in the past would be appreciated.

It would actually be pretty clever if they somehow were able to make reference to chain fishing for shinies, though I have no idea how they would believably go about doing that. It just being about that golden Magikarp statue is far more likely.

There's a huge gap in the games too, y'know.
This is an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom