• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY024 airing postponed until further notice: XY025 to air on April 24 in its place

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
XY024 airing postponed until further notice: XY025 to air on April 24 in its place

TV Tokyo recently announced that the originally scheduled episode airing on April 24 in Japan, XY024: Undersea Castle! Skrelp and Dragalge!!, has been postponed until further notice. The next episode, XY025: Cyllage Gym Battle! Pikachu vs Tyrunt!!, will be airing in its place.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: XY024 airing postponed until further notice: XY025 to air on April 24 in its plac

At least this time it doesn't seem like the most important episode yet, the one the whole show was leading to for half a year. Still, too much similarities to the last time, and it's even pretty much the same point in the show (and we're getting a Gym battle instead, apparently?).

Putting the tragedy aside... isn't Pokemon filled with content that can lead to the episodes being skipped due to local tragedies? Imagine a group of kids getting lost in forest and killed by local wildlife...

Re: XY024 airing postponed until further notice: XY025 to air on April 24 in its plac

The anime is cursed. LOL!
How can another sad coincidence like this happen yet again? .___.

But it's for the best I suppose.

There's something that seemed mysterious for me this weekend.
OJ8ylcp.jpg

And even if I don't know well Japanese, it says the Diantha episode will air... May 22th? Rare, because Fan said it will air May 29th.

About the episode per se...

The effect is not similar to the TR vs TP episodes because the former were build up during 6 months and create a huge plothole in the series. The only plothole of this episode is that they go from Ambrete town to Cyllage City directly. Also, the changes of Skrelp being captured are next to zero.

About the cause of why it for it banned, this episode could be banned entirely or they do something like the fish episode. However, do to the latter we have only a chance and we have to wait because they don't make Korrina suddenly dissapear to air a postponed episode without indication. Howevr, I doubt that this episode will air although the disaster is not that bad because 1= the number of death people is less, 2) the disaster happened in South Korea.

And why the episode was delayed yesterday? Because the gravity of the ship sunk in South Korea was known yesterday when there's little to no chance from any of the 240 pasengers missing to be alive.

About the scheduled, the most interest thing is the special, which have a lot of chance of being air separatedly because (I think) the point of the special is lost while airing out o order.I think the special was made with the intention of airing a huge preview of the Korrina arc. After that, they habe to air the first episode o it, known by the Data Broadcast.

Why are they postponing another episode, did somebody sneeze or something?

I keep googling Japan and can't find any disaster linked to Japan at all.

You could try by clicking the link in the first post and reading the article >_>

You could try by clicking the link in the first post and reading the article >_>

I really don't understand this. Personally I fail to see how cancelling Pokemon after a disaster in Japan helps anyone, let alone when the disaster in a foreign country.

Also where are the cancelled eps for the crisis in Ukraine or the recent shooting in America?

I'm going to say this once, and once only.

This is not the place to discuss whether or not an still-unfolding tragedy is "bad enough" to merit the postponement of an episode.

I don't know where that place is, but it's somewhere far, far away from this forum.

Any further posts along these lines will result in sanctions. Show some maturity, please.

I'm going to say this once, and once only.

This is not the place to discuss whether or not an still-unfolding tragedy is "bad enough" to merit the postponement of an episode.

I don't know where that place is, but it's somewhere far, far away from this forum.

Any further posts along these lines will result in sanctions. Show some maturity, please.

I wasn't trying to be dismissive or offensive about what's going on, and I'm deeply sorry if it came across that way, it truly is a tragedy and I can't imagine the pain the families are going through and my thoughts are with them. I just don't quite get the link between a tragic disaster in S.Korea and cancelling a Pokemon episode in Japan.
When the disaster is in Japan, I can sort of see the link as some people watching will have been directly effected, but as far as we are aware there was no Japanese people effected by the disaster.

It also sets something of a strange precedent about where you draw the line. I don't see how they choose when to postpone an episode or not when a terrible event happens in the world somewhere most weeks/months, this seems very similar to the sunk Malaysian airline which lost even more lives yet there was no postponement. It just feels inconsistent.

My thoughts however are always with the victims of these tragedies and I pray as many survivors are found as possible.

Last edited:

I think I'm cool with it this time :)

When they made this episode, there was no way they could've known that a ship would actually sink not long before it would air, taking about 300 people--most of them high school kids--with it :bawl:

(Though I would like to think that this ship had NO casualties thanks in no small part to a cowardly captain, incompetent crew, and a sorry excuse of a rescue attempt.

I just wonder if they'll edit, alter and retcon it like with the fishing contest episode in BW :confused:

Last edited:

I think I'm cool with it this time :)

When they made this episode, there was no way they could've known that a ship would actually sink not long before it would air, taking about 300 people with :bawl:

(Though I would like to think that this ship had NO casualties thanks in no small part to a cowardly captain, incompetent crew, and a sorry excuse of a rescue attempt.

I just wonder if they'll edit, alter and retcon it like with the fishing contest episode in BW :confused:

No it will probably never see the light of day now just like the TR and TP ep and the Whiscash ep

It also sets something of a strange precedent about where you draw the line. I don't see how they choose when to postpone an episode or not when a terrible event happens in the world somewhere most weeks/months, this seems very similar to the sunk Malaysian airline which lost even more lives yet there was no postponement. It just feels inconsistent.

There was no Pokemon episode dealing with an airplane disaster scheduled to air around that time, so I have no idea what you're even trying to say here.

There was no Pokemon episode dealing with an airplane disaster scheduled to air around that time, so I have no idea what you're even trying to say here.

What I mean was, there was a disaster in S. Korea, and it is truly saddening, and they decided to postpone the episode, even though it didn't effect Japan at all, so they are saying that when these disasters happen, we will pull the show in some sort of show of support. But why then did they not do it for other disasters? Disasters even bigger than the S. Korea boat one?

These sort of things are always heartbreaking for those involved, but I just don't understand why tv tokyo will postpone it for one and not the other?

The reason why it can't air it now is because the episode is literally about a ship that was sunk, which remind a lot what has happen in South Korea.

Will it have chances of air? Difficult, because the episode will be associated as "episode that reminds of the South korea disaster".

Fortunately, this episode won't mess the XY series if Skrelp is not catched (with I doubt).

The schedule right now is:
April 24th Gym battle between Ash and grant. It's speculaed that this is a 2vs3 that it was never stated and could be 3vs3 (unike Roxie).
May 1st is a break for table tennis (not the tennis that is seen in Spain).
Starting May 8th it has to be coinfirmed this Thursday.
May 8th is an episode about Serena and Millefeui doing Poke Puffs (what you do in the Pokemon Amie). Don't expect to be an actual rival.
May 15th is an episode about Bonnie and Flabebe, to show how she LOVES pokemon and is putting a Flower of Flabebe in her body with the intention of being permanent. This is not the case (movie) and we are going to know why.
and starting here an arc about Mega Evoution.

Last edited:

The reason why it can't air it now is because the episode is literally about a ship that was sunk, which remind a lot what has happen in South Korea.

Ah I didn't know the episode involved a sinking ship, I guess that makes more sense.

Sad and understandable that this episode will never be air. This will be the fourth episodes of Pokemon that will never see the light of day again with the Earthquake episode and duo episode (Team Rocket vs Team Plasma). It is sad that many people died on MV Sewol's sinking a week ago. What is going with Pokemon? Every time they made an episode with natural disaster or man-made destruction, some region of Asia also happening to have the same situation as well. Is somebody using Future Sight when they're making an episode. I guess, Pokemon will be start making their episodes more child friendly than ever and less destruction in their storyline.

It might be slightly disappointing but this is understandable. Since I've been following the disaster in Korea, I can honestly say I'd be fine with this ep staying shelved. (USA Today published one of the notes that a student left for one of those who was lost. I was in tears reading it.) They can find another way to introduce Skrelp in the show and I'll be fine with it. Let's just not go this route, okay?

What I mean was, there was a disaster in S. Korea, and it is truly saddening, and they decided to postpone the episode, even though it didn't effect Japan at all, so they are saying that when these disasters happen, we will pull the show in some sort of show of support. But why then did they not do it for other disasters? Disasters even bigger than the S. Korea boat one?

These sort of things are always heartbreaking for those involved, but I just don't understand why tv tokyo will postpone it for one and not the other?

What disaster do you are talking about? If you give me, I can research. Remember that the disaster has to happen weeks before a episode that directly leads to the topic is going to air.

Last edited:

We're still in the cooldown period for that boat sinking, it'd likely be viewed as distasteful to air an ep about a boat sinking right now.

Similarly to how BW024 was set to air, but then the Fukushima disaster happened.
From the Bulbapedia article, BW024, plot section:
the Meteonite becomes unstable and begins releasing large blasts of energy.
Similarly to fissionable material, as was the fuel at Fukushima-Daiichi, hence too great a similarity within the cooldown period for any sort of comfort.

It's not like they haven't tried to show sensitivity toward American culture. It wasn't in the form of an unaired ep, but they did change jynx's color from black to purple in an effort to not fan the flames in America.
But the unaired BW024 and this new unaired episode lead me to believe that had Tentacool & Tentacruel been set to air in late 2001/2002, they would've probably never aired that either, so as to show some sensitivity. That ep was already out though, so it was too late to do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom