• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY026: Peroppafu and Peroream! The Sweet Battle isn't a Piece of Cake!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: XY026: "Swirlix and Slurpuff! A Soured Sweet Battle!?"

Miffy looks like she could be related Burgundy, no joke. I showed my friend Miffy and she's like "Miffy looks like Burgundy and Mayleine combined" I agreed with her. She looks like a maid version of Burgundy only with Mayleine's hair. Please don't be her rival! If Miffy becomes Serena's baking rival Clemont must have a cooking rival! It would not be fair, it'd be cool for Clemont to get a rival but no Cilan and Burgundy repeat please.

Last edited:
re: XY026: "Peroppafu and Peroream! A Soured Sweet Battle!?"

Pokemon Fan summary, by bluesun -

"Serena is good at making the treats for Pokemon known as PokePuffs. She meets a girl named Mirufi in a city, and decides to enter a PokePuff Contest along with her..."

re: XY026: "Peroppafu and Peroream! The Sweet Battle isn't a Piece of Cake!?"

A two Pokemon debut again? :\ If they going this fast, they would have to end up really diluting the last few Kalos Pokemon debuts to stretch it to the end of the series. You guys ready for 5 separate episodes of Beedrill chases?

As for the episode itself, I'm happy to finally see Slurpuff appear. Maybe Serena will get more development here.

re: XY026: "Peroppafu and Peroream! The Sweet Battle isn't a Piece of Cake!?"

I don't see why a Pokemon cannot get another focus episode down the line. Tournaments and other multi-part story arcs will also help 'fill in' the gaps, too. I'm glad we're finally getting another antagonistic character, especially one that might be a recurring rival. There should be some nice cuts of food in this episode.

Last edited:
It's great that Serena is getting a rival. I hope that this Milfy girl becomes a recurring character, but I am not too sure if I would like it if they just fight over pokemon food. I hope there is some sort of actual pokemon battling involved in it too, though it's difficult to see how they would incorporate that in a baking episode. Best bet would be for TR to appear and cause some problems, but then again I don't want all of Serena's battles to be against Team Rocket. She needs some different opponents.

It's great that Serena is getting a rival. I hope that this Milfy girl becomes a recurring character, but I am not too sure if I would like it if they just fight over pokemon food. I hope there is some sort of actual pokemon battling involved in it too, though it's difficult to see how they would incorporate that in a baking episode. Best bet would be for TR to appear and cause some problems, but then again I don't want all of Serena's battles to be against Team Rocket. She needs some different opponents.

Agree. Being the main girl and getting a starter... she needs to get a goal that involves battling somehow. Making cookies and liking Ash just ain't nearly good enough imo. Not to mention this results in her mon's (i.e her Fennekin) becoming quite useless since it never does anything of significance. Hell, even Brock's Pokemon did more.

Ooh an actual rival interesting. ...does Ash have one yet?

Preview
- Serena decorates a Pokepuff
- Ash's mouth is on fire.
- There's a group of Swirlix.

[video=youtube;pFfQkzp5bAI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFfQkzp5bAI[/video]

Evil Swirlix!? wtf. O_O

That scene makes me a little worried. Swirlix and Slurpuff are the only Fairy-types I can tolerate because I like their designs. While the idea that fairies are evil is an accurate one, if Swirlix and Slurpuff are portrayed as such, I just might start disliking them.

I hope this COTD does get the hots for Ash so we can get some Serena action for once. The writers have dangled this shipping carrot for way too long now.

Yay, it looks like Fennekin will battle once more. Here's hoping Serena catches one of those Swirlix (please!).

And finally, its' about time they introduce PokePuffs in the anime. This looks like a fun episode.

Evil Swirlix!? wtf. O_O

That scene makes me a little worried. Swirlix and Slurpuff are the only Fairy-types I can tolerate because I like their designs. While the idea that fairies are evil is an accurate one, if Swirlix and Slurpuff are portrayed as such, I just might start disliking them.

Swirlix do look (adorably) evil in the game animation, so can't say it bothers me. They've got those pointy vampire fangs that they're constantly baring whenever they attack.

Maybe the Swirlix think that they're going to be cooked and fed to Pokemon once they evolve :(

Here's to hoping this episode leads to something with Serena. I'd say it's about time she got on track and found a goal.

Well I still considered this is a worst episode for serena to have a poképuff battles after the pokévision episode so let's just say that Serena is going to have a hard time battling with her rival.

Anyway can you guys give the answer why is the purpose of the duo Swirlix and Slurpuff doing in this episode?

I suspect Swirlix and Slurpuff are Pokès of Milfy and being it a baking ep and them looking like cotton candy/ice cream I see a good connection here. I'd be sad if baking is all for Serena but whatever. Funny though is the Shipping chocolate dangling in front of Shippers noses here especially with the announcement of "Love rival appears !?" in the preview, not realizing there never will be Shipping cannon in Pokèmon but whatever. I'll take a look on that trait for some laugher later. Anyway, if these Pokè's are not from Milfy I wonder if there are chances of catching one here. Even if it isn't shown in what we know of the future so far it could be still there in Pokèball or off-screen. Let's drink tea and enjoy our "sweet" puffs haha.

This should be an interesting episode. The writers have had Serena do various things now, and twice have I thought Serena would get something to focus on (first the Rhyhorn racing episode, and secondly the video episode). Now I wonder if this "PokePuff baking" is a stayer or yet another one-time activity for Serena. I suspect the former, since they're actually introducing a rival this time around, in the form of Millefeui.

If I'm not mistaken, this will be first episode which Fennekin will get hit by an attack. I wonder how she will handle it.

I'm not full of hope about this episode, tho. Nothing has turned out to be serious about Serena yet. I don't see a reason to do opposite...
But if there's a reason for getting serious, please do not let it be some contest about eating, writers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom