• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY026: Peroppafu and Peroream!! The Sweet Battle isn't a Piece of Cake!?

I'm quite amped for this episode because I'm anxious for Serena to establish herself as a meaningful character beyond crushing on Boy Wonder, even though I love that.

Serena is getting character development? What madness is this?

Her rival has a really cool design, by the way.

Decent episode, it seems her rival will keep on teasing her (if she even appears again tho).

Ash's reaction to the Pokepuff and Clemont ducking from Serena and Milfy's death glare, hahahaha.

I didn't expect Swirlix to be so vicious.

An Octillery mech in a forest, so random! I like how they had to use an unusual method to defeat it. That plus getting up the cliff really seemed like puzzles from a video game.

So by the end Serena and Milfy don't hate each other. I'm eager to see where they go with this.

Really funny episode IMO, Milfy seems like a fun rival.

Yay - I was a bit annoyed in past episodes that PokePuffs were being ignored while Serena made macarons - so glad that it was finally addressed. I particularly liked how Pikachu sparked up a bit after eating one of them.

I'd really like it if Serena in the future would make them for Ash's Pokemon before major battles - to give that little extra boost and keep up the relevance of her cooking skills beyond random desserts, that I'm sure Clemont could probably do anyway.

Also good that Fennekin not only got to stay out of its Pokeball - but actually contribute in battle. I don't like how it's pretty much all shielding Serena when it does 'battle', but it's bound to eventually pay off in a real battle, and it's experience none-the-less.

The literal Poke-puff in Slurpuff was less impressive - I often find that an anime appearance can turn my views around on a Pokemon - but here, nothing. They also seemed to be going out of the way to try and make that line be uncute, given the natural disadvantage on that front by being a pink fluffball. They just end up being a generic angry ball.

Another XY episode where I thought the Team Rocket balance was right. I also liked the variety of random background Pokemon - a nice mixture of all the different regions. In other words, yay Sentret!

I'm about 3 Bonnie marriage proposals from being annoyed with that 'thing' - they need to find a way to make that different - she's no Croagunk.

Serena's Fennekin seems to know Scratch. Serena ordered her Fennekin to use the move on the Swirlix, but the Swirlix knocked Fennekin back before it could attack.

citron geeking out about how TR names their mechas with serena snarking back = probably my favorite part of the episode and then they punned on suisuisuisuikomu and suisuisuisuikonde for like ever after

also eureka being like CUUUUTE and citron being like NOW ISN'T THE TIME FOR THIS

and milfy trolling serena at the end of the episode was also lol

Wow, this was a really neat episode!

~Finally, Pokepuffs make an appearance. Before, with over twenty episodes in and the fact that Serena was only baking macarons, I got really paranoid and thought they wouldn't include them. So the fact we get a whole episode devoted to them is pretty cool, as well as all the versions present not seen in the games.

~Yay, we get Serena character development. Am I the only one who thought her interactions with Millefeui are what Dawn's would have been with Ursula had she not been so passive/non-confrontational? That aside, I'm glad to see that she has argumentative fire in her (like Misty, Iris). We also see here that just like her Fennekin, she has an envious/jealous side to her as well. Even though I thought her coldness to Millefeui in the very beginning was uncalled for, I loved how their relationship carried itself during the episode, leading them to become friendly rivals at the end. Also, Serena is becoming more of an action girl! I don't think we have ever heard her command a move so many times in one episode. Yes!

~Millefeui! I really liked her character as well. I thought she would be another Ursula clone (especially with the whole here-have-one-of-mine stint in the beginning). But she is actually really nice, and was overall accepted by the group, all the while messing with Serena and providing her a wall to overcome. I really hope she becomes a recurring character, please please please.

~The interactions between Serena and Millefeui were funny. Especially when neither of them won at the end (which I'm glad happened).

~Yay for all the pre-gen 6, and gen 6, Pokemon seen in the community. I love how XY is really emphasizing that Ash & Co, COTDs, and TR aren't the only people to have Pokemon partners. Makes things so much more realistic.

~Slurpuff and Swirlix were really cute. I like how the anime portrayed something so sweet and docile looking as actually vicious (Swirlix). Even though all they seemed capable of was hugging you to death while wrapping you up in sweet, sticky cotton candy webs...

~So Fennekin knows Scratch. So, she now has 4 moves, and is battling a bit more. I think its really cool how protective it is over its Trainer. The development between them is great.

~TR. I really liked them in the first half of the episode. Them epicly failing in the background really made me laugh. Yay for TR goodness! I hope they keep this stuff up! However, I think their new machine took things a little too far...that vacuum looked really painful for Pikachu and the Swirlix...and given the violent suction, could they even breathe? Yeah, a little too dark for my tastes...

~Finally Bonnie. Her wife gimmick was cute, but even better was Clemont's noticing she wasn't sitting with the group (LOL).

Overall, a nice episode.

I didn't expect anyone to catch any Pokemon in this episode, but seriously, isn't it about time Ash or someone else got something new?

Hm, it looked like Slurpluff was using Hidden Power in the preview, but it turns out it was Energy Ball :eek:
Cool episode overall, I hope this girl will be a recurring rival for Serena

For a second, we saw a Meowstic. Isn't it an elegant thing...
I really liked Millefeui. And she sure seemed like a rival rather than a CoTD. But I didn't like PokePuff contest one bit and I don't want Serena having PokePuff as her goal. So, it's a dilemma.

I still do not like Serena's Fennekin due to her personality traits. But it's good to see her getting some battles. Tho, I'm thinking about she is only 2nd to Trip's Snivy as for being the most overpowered starter.
And if I'm not mistaken, it's the first time Fennekin got hit. I was wondering how she would do. But the move was restrictive rather than destructive.

Omg, Swirlix and Slurpuff are sooooooo cute. Oh, and the rest of the episode was nice.

Ok, good to finally see some Pokepuffs in the anime and...did Ash seriously just try to eat those. WTF is wrong with him...oh he liked it? Well then, ok. And then Slurpuff just steals one. Ok this is a weird beginning of an episode, but whatever. Anyway, Slurpuff is sooo adorable, stealing Pokepuffs and not giving a crap. But anyway, I really hope that these Pokepuff become one of the main meals or snacks of the pokemon so that Serena can still be providing some sort of food. They already made Clemont the group's cook, please let Serena be the Pokémon's cook.

Damn, that other girl's Pokepuffs look scrumptious. Wow, Serena's anger sure escalated quickly. And poor Clemont tries and break up their fight. Anyway, on to that Pokepuff contest. Oh damn those Pokepuffs look so good. And wow, of course, adding a little twig for Fennekin. That's pretty cute. And omg Slurpuff looks so cute sittin' there with it's tongue sticking out looking like a derp. And lol, Bonnie randomly proposing during the judging. That was so cute. And Clemont has to just run out of the whole park. These two never cease to disappointment me in terms of humor. But seriously, how the hell did NONE of them see her get up and run over on that stage.

Wow, Serena was pretty reckless today. Just running off on her own without anyone else. Actually, I kind of liked that. At least she isn't afraid to go off without someone else for backup. And then...a horde of Swirlix appears. And omg they're so cute. Yes Bonnie, hug the cute killer Swirlix! I'm glad Serena was the one to scare the Swirlix away. I thought it would be Ash for a second. Too bad she didn't catch one of those evil cuties.

Wait a minute, what...did Ash just get an idea to use Pokémon to solve a problem? Well, that's nice. Seems like Serena and Ash switched places today. She even burned Team Rocket's robot. Also glad and her rival got to both participate in the blast off and not just Ash.

You know, I just had a feeling that that Makuhita kid and his sister were going to win. Anyway, a rather nice episode. We got so see more focus on Serena trying out a new sport, Fennekin doing more battling, and adorable Swirlix and Slurpuff. I'd say, 7/10.

~Yay, we get Serena character development. Am I the only one who thought her interactions with Millefeui are what Dawn's would have been with Ursula had she not been so passive/non-confrontational?

You're not alone there, I got the same vibe.

What can I say about this episode? Not really being able to understand Japaneses makes everything I say come with a big asterisk next to it. But I didn't really understand the premise of this episode at all. Serena just seemed to know that this girl was gong to be her rival for this episode and started getting angry at her for no good reason. And then the other girl started hitting on Ash/Satoshi just to spite her? What? How did she even know that Serena had a thing for him anyways I don't even know what to say about that. Well I hope this cooking thing doesn't become Serena's main goal or we will be in for a boring season.

And then...a horde of Swirlix appears.

Wow, I didn't think of it in this regard. The past Beedrill and Ursaring stunts in the anime don't count, but the anime actually featured XY's horde sequence for the first time! A group of 5 of Pokemon in the same species attacking a Trainer and their sole Pokemon. And we got to see what would happen to a Trainer if their partner is unable to defeat the group. Pretty neat. I look forward to more hordes in the future.

Sorry, just really excited about this subtle reference. :loopy:

Wow, I didn't think of it in this regard. The past Beedrill and Ursaring stunts in the anime don't count, but the anime actually featured XY's horde sequence for the first time! A group of 5 of Pokemon in the same species attacking a Trainer and their sole Pokemon. And we got to see what would happen to a Trainer if their partner is unable to defeat the group. Pretty neat. I look forward to more hordes in the future.

Wow, lol. I was actually just making a joke. I didn't even notice that there were 5 of them. :)

Wow, lol. I was actually just making a joke. I didn't even notice that there were 5 of them. :)

o_O I didn't even notice it was a horde. It was pretty cool!

As for the Pokepuffs, I enjoyed what they were showing here. So just as there's a Blend Master for Pokeblocks, there's a Pokepuff Master? I hope this isn't a one time thing - there should be more episodes related to Pokemon Amie :) And also, I wish I could actually make my own Pokepuffs in the game. The anime showed some really pretty puffs :)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom