• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY026: Peroppafu and Peroream!! The Sweet Battle isn't a Piece of Cake!?

And above all I like to see that Serena is already has a rival which can be a good reason to watch this:D

Great episode just from the episode pics. Was it just it just me or did anyone get the irony of cotton candy pokemon getting caught up in a giant swirling vaccume type machine? I am hoping that pokepuffs keep showing up and that we get to see a competition where new rivals show and old ones return. Again great episode just by the pics:)

Serena's Rival is Iris vs. Georgia all over again. They Even Show the spark when they are face to face.

Serena's Rival is Iris vs. Georgia all over again. They Even Show the spark when they are face to face.

Agree. It's been a long time since I seen this on previous seasons. It also the best scene ever too!

EDIT: Just saw the anime in sub version. I wonder if Millefuei likes Ash a lot and capable in making Serena jealous. ..Can't wait their continuing rivalries! !! XD

Last edited:

Agree. It's been a long time since I seen this on previous seasons. It also the best scene ever too!

EDIT: Just saw the anime in sub version. I wonder if Millefuei likes Ash a lot and capable in making Serena jealous. ..Can't wait their continuing rivalries! !! XD

Same just saw the ep in subs a few mins ago and i loved everything about it!XD

Ooh thank you guys for letting us know. Now I'm off to re-watch it too XD

EDIT: So I just finished it. Lol still just as funny. And I guess Serena really does like Ash based on what Millefeui said at the end x_____x
And now Serena's initial dislike her for is somewhat justified. I mean, if someone just came along and ate what you just baked/cooked and called it so-so, I guess you would be pretty upset too.

Last edited:

Ooh thank you guys for letting us know. Now I'm off to re-watch it too XD

EDIT: So I just finished it. Lol still just as funny. And I guess Serena really does like Ash based on what Millefeui said at the end x_____x
And now Serena's initial dislike her for is somewhat justified. I mean, if someone just came along and ate what you just baked/cooked and called it so-so, I guess you would be pretty upset too.

Yeah that's what I currently thought for. BTW, is it just me or there's a scene where the Rockets are calling their mecha in a silly way?

If making those Poképuff thingies is Serena's goals, that is, by a large margin, the lamest goal a main character ever had in this show. Oh well, at least she might have some purpose in the show, besides being a pointless love interest for Ash.

Millefeui is awesome, by the way. Lovely design, absolutely amazing choice of voice actor, fitting Pokémon partner and the fact she gets on Serena's nerves (at least in this episode), made of her an even more amusing character to watch. Plus, her name is great too I am thinking about changing my username, even

I liked Ash's heroic moment in this episode. Very nice! Slurpuff and Swirlix are incredible cute, I need to train one when I get a new 3DS. Lastly, as someone mentioned in the previous page, it was nice seeing more people with Pokémon partners, it makes the Pokémon World feel alive.

I have to aggree as well, also I am loving the rivals this season! I especially like how Ash has a rival that does not hate him, and one that can actually teach him advanced techniques. This rival for Serena could be formidable in battle so hoping to see that. Hoping even Bonnie gets a rival, it would be cute to see her get all mad and have two kids fight without actually being trainers:)

I really enjoyed this particular episode; it seemed rather refreshing to me, especially since Milfy helped invoke certain sides of Serena, and yet, Serena still kept a tempo to her own character (I don't mind that she may not have as much élan as the other girls perhaps, as long as there is a personality).
To be honest, the Pokepuff career wouldn't faze me too much if she followed it, though I have that fear due to being non battle orientated, it may be slightly swept to the wayside like breeders, watchers and sommeliers. Still, I was fond of the approach and style of it, especially the winners' unique touch to preparing the Pokepuff. It is, of course, reminiscent to Pokeblocks which I could comprehend why people may feel the female companion taking up this position is redundant, but if they try to explore it (though, I have no idea how) more, it could be fruitful. I would have liked if they added a little more of Amie to spice it up, but then again, we don't know yet if she'll take this path, so I'm going to wait.
Milfy was amazing, in my opinion. She had a fantastic balance between level-headed approach with portrayals of niceness to the poison jabs that were her insults to Serena. I felt she was handled very well, and I do desire to see a little more of her, especially since I feel she is a refreshing rival to maintain that balance- and early on too. Her Perocream amused me; stealing a Pokepuff to only critique it, perfect. Even the Amour jabs played by Milfy were handled well; not too much, I thought.

This episode was ok. I liked seeing the Poke Puff competition and how Serena put a stick on the Poke Puffs for the competition. There wasn't much else I liked about the episode.

I did like what her rival said at the end, and how Serena blushed over it. I do hope this isn't the last time we see her and that this isn't the only time there's a Poke Puff competition since I really liked that.

I was surprised that neither Serena nor Millefeui win the competition. In general I think Serena was not being nice her although everything starts from Millefeui's comment about her Poffle which is not suitable for fairy Pokémon like Peroream in my opinion.

The chance of Millefeui's return is low unless there is another Poffle competition. Millefeui is not interested in Satoshi so she will probably just become the character of the day instead of love rival of Serena.

Finally I have to admit that Fokko is a prodigy because she learns Kaen Hosha that early in the anime despite having just a few battles before. She learns even faster than Pikachu similar move Juuman Boruto in terms of experience. Harimaron is redundant in my opinion because Peroream could have use Psychic to lift everyone up the cliff.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom