• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY027: Flabebe and the Fairy Flower!

This episode was good and I love Bonnie for being a cool character and Serena being sisterly to her

Same with me. Best sisters-like friend evar!!!!

Wow - didn't appreciate just how tiny Flabébé is before this episode. It also is a good job of making a Pokemon that has a separate object as 'part' of it rather than something like the Timburr line or Farfetch'd, where they seem to be more expendable and simply a weapon

Another episode with a sad story involving older people in the Pokemon world - though glad the ending was a happy one compared to the story with Espurr. I really like seeing the kind of interaction between people and Pokemon that the Flabébé had - without the context of battling - just a Pokemon partner, and that's all.

Serena slowly becoming more confident in battle is shown well here, I like how she's slowly developing battle skills, rather than just suddenly being made strong. Wish Chespin was sent out a little bit earlier in the episode though - Clemont has both a Pokemon that uses Vine Whip and a robot arm attachment - does Bonnie need to propose to someone before he remembers that?

Was all set to be in angry 'Why Team Rocket!!!' mode, but that ending made it worth it. Bit annoyed that Ash randomly forgets the tactics he had to deal with Wobbuffet, but meh.

I wonder if Pokemon are confused by how people can't be fixed with a Potion?

All round, a touching and well handled episode. Hopefully a certain Floette gets treated just as well by the Anime.

Great Bonnie episode as expected, she was cute and fun as always. I liked her heroic moment with climbing the mountain to get the Fairy Flower for Flabebe. She goes to place Dedenne and her bag with Serena and bravely scales the mountain and the music of it and all was so victorious and all. She really shined the best in this episode, her moments with Flabebe were fun, I liked how when she returned Flabebe she didn’t throw a fit or cry like a baby. She was mature and returned the Pokemon she was bonding with nicely and neatly. They could have shown her in a more immature light like how Max was angry that his dad lost and stole the badge and ran away, but that didn’t happen. She carried herself well, oh, and Bonnie VS. hair was amusing.

I like how Clemont, Serena and Ash armed themselves with PokeBalls to fight TR. Oh and fluctuating power levels are fluctuating, Inkay/Pumpkaboo have gotten their cans kicked pretty badly for a month’s worth of episodes yet they were actually making the Kalos starters struggle in this episode. I guess that’s because Jessie finally used her Wobbuffett again for the first time in a long while. Oh well, simply seeing Chespin and the others out all at once was nice. I suppose Flabebe’s intervention was an interesting way to end the Rocket fight and the sad story was actually pretty touching. I like how Dedenne cheered her up when she was leaving the hospital, I guess it’s a subtle reminder she’s lucky to have to the Pokemon she does have in any case.

I’m 50/50 on TR in this episode, at least their Pokemon put up a fight and Ash was pretty fine here too. Clemont was fun and Serena sent out Fennekin, but gave no command but still I’m glad she’s simply being allowed to try to fight and not rely on others to save her. Fun episode, pretty short review.

Bonnie proved how mature she is for her age, wow! :) I love her character, one of the best companions imo, great episode.

Gosh, this really was one of those feel-good episodes. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Eureka is AMAZING. She's well-rounded as a character and is just a sweet and awesome and adorable kid. She's funny and spunky but also isn't arrogant or particularly haughty. She's proactively concerned about others and her relationship with Serena is just so sisterly and feel-good. Serena helping her brush her hair saldkjlfdf. Speaking of Serena, I like how active she was in this episode - granted, she is the designated team navigator but she was the one activey asking questions and getting things done. The boys taking a back seat to that was also nice, though the only time I lol'd aloud was when I heard Yuki Kaji "desu nyaa!~" Serena is the type of character that is really good at the things she knows how to do and is really confident about it (baking, racing, sewing, navigating) but is more self-conscious wrt things she's not experienced in (battling, traveling) and it's nice to see her really proactive as well.

Dedenne and Eureka at the end were so sweet I can't handle them ;___;

Overall I really enjoyed the episode because it was really tightly-written with a more mature plotline than we're used to from the show. I just like how cohesive the cast is ok

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful episode!!!

~Bonnie was just adorable here! But isn't she always? She really showed her maturity throughout the episode, helping the Flabebe even though it wasn't hers and all. I thought the scene where she scales the wall was absolutely brave and splendid. She really will make a great trainer one of these days. Also, the end where she had to part ways with Flabebe. I thought she would certainly cry (I nearly did XD), but she was strong and held it in, in addition to encouragement from Dedenne. Oh my gosh, those two are too much. I love them!

~Good to see Serena being Bonnie's big sis once again. However I do feel that someone should have hugged Bonnie in the end and comforted her for doing the right thing, if not praise her for being mature and not throwing a tantrum/being difficult/crying etc. And Serena could have been the person to do just that, or her big brother. Anyways, I was also glad to see her ready to immediately battle Team Rocket. About time! Hopefully this persists into the future and she gains more experience and confidence. Her Pokemon now has a full move-set, so let's make use of it.

~The episode in general. I'm glad to see the writers are being more mature and realistic. I think this is the first, if not one of the few, we have seen an ambulance called for a human. Am I right? I mean, in the Pokemon world, humans are rarely ill so much that a hospital is required (and when you see the feats that TR endures, you don't question why). But they show that, in addition to yet another episode with elderly people. This makes me happy.

~Team Rocket. I was also happy to see them too. This episode reminded me of their glory days spying on Ash & Co from the get-go, rather than somewhat recent showings of them coming in halfway or at the end of the episode. Also yay for their amazing battling here. Poor Pumpkaboo and Maika haven't fared well against the twerps lately, so it was good to see them not take a hit today (and more Wobbuffet usage). I also strangely okay with their ending. They didn't get blasted off, and instead...a peaceful rest? While we're at it, does anyone know the move Flabebe used to incapacitate them? Was it Aromatherapy? Either way I was satisfied.

~The Ending!!!!!! :awww:

Great Episode!

Last edited:
Wobbuffet used Mirror Coat to successfully repel Chespin's Pin Missile, a physical attack.

I had no doubts that I'd love another Bonnie episode. And I did.

Ok first of all, Bonnie has Tyrantrum pajamas, A Sentret comb, and a Poliwag Mirror? Could this girl get any cuter. I mean seriously. Great to see more sisterly bonding moments between Serena and Bonnie as she brushed her hair. I'm also glad and surprised that Bonnie kept that flower hair pin in for the whole episode. Wow Clemont would have caught Flabebe just like that. Hm, I guess he doesn't mind using more of his Pokémon slots for Bonnie. Not that I had much of an issue with that. Of course I didn't feel like Bonnie needed another Pokémon to watch over, but I liked seeing how willing Clemont was to do it for her after he hesitated with Dedenne. And more team work from Serena and Clemont providing Flababe with nourishment.

Ooo Lawdy, I thought that woman was about to die choking like that. Thank goodness she didn't out that would have been two Bonnie episodes where an old lady was dead. And how the hell did TR get change their clothes and get out there so fast. I guess they're still doing things rocket fast.

Ok, Bonnie is climbing cliffs now. She is so awesome. I love how fearless she is and how she was just like, "Okay Serena hold my bag while I climb this cliff with no help whatsoever to get a flower". But I really found it weird that Clemont wasn't for concerned about her climbing a real giant cliff, when he wouldn't let her climb Grant's rock wall. Wow, Flabebe was really bonding with that flower all right.

Ok so Team Rocket only needs to spam attack after attack after attack to win? We why haven't they been doing that before?! Geez, the starters are all out to battle today and they all fail. Lol at TR and their Pokémon getting drunk or high or whatever from Flabebe's Aromatherapy. And Meowth tries to resist by Jessie and James make him catch it too. Wow, these guys were actually funny for once.

I loved the ending scene where Bonnie gave Flabebe back to the old couple. Bonnie's much more mature than she normally seems and I like that. No crying or anything, just a nice goodbye. And extra points for Dedenne cheering Bonnie up at the end. Great way to end a great episode. I'll say, 9/10.

Last edited:
tumblr_n5mowiO2Ef1s2paxto2_400.png

Unless Team Rocket have been reading very old newspapers for whatever reason, this date confirms what date it is in the show.

Unless Team Rocket have been reading very old newspapers for whatever reason, this date confirms what date it is in the show.

LOL, I'm Laughing so hard at that Image, so it's 2014 in the Pokemon World too.

My Review will be coming Soon and let's just say that Bonnie was Cute Today

Bonnie is so awesome. Love her PJ's and her heroic moment.

That image is actually very interesting, considering they only had roughly three weeks to edit that date from it's original air time (which got postponed to today) to it's new one.

Japanese cartoons are often not finished until the day they air. Shingeki no Kyojin: Attack on Titan Episode #7 was created from scratch in one month, Episode #24 in six weeks. Three weeks is nothing for a simple text edit. The actual art department probably didn't even receive key animation to begin doing the backgrounds until a week or two ago, if that.

They're really taking their sweet time on captures aren't they? I think the last pokemon added to the group roster was chespin, and here I thought someone would catch the flabebe. Guess not.

I guess this will sound harsh and cruel, but I truly hate these kinda episodes. I mean if you are not strong enough to survive, then don't. I already dislike Flabebe-line due to their impotent designs. And in the anime, Flabebe is one wind-blow away from getting wiped out.

Tho it was great to see 3 Kalos starters of the gang for some battling. Also, Bonnie is sure getting the attention she deserves. With those reasons, 5 out of 10.

Yuugis Black Magician said:
Japanese cartoons are often not finished until the day they air.

The key word here is "often." We know that an episode of Pocket Monsters takes about six months to make, from conception to completion, and that this has been the case at least up until early Best Wishes! (character art sheets for the Aloe episodes, which aired in December 2010, have a June 2010 date on them) It *is* possible that they've found a way to speed things up considerably since then but I haven't seen anything to suggest that it has.

With that said, though, this was an extremely simple text edit that would not have taken the animators any time at all to do. I think what's more amazing is the fact that someone actually remembered that this was a thing; can you imagine what it was like in the offices of OLM. "Looks like we have to postpone the Kuzumo episode for a while and OMG THE DATE ON THAT NEWSPAPER IN THAT ONE SHOT IS WRONG NOW QUICK SOMEBODY FIX IT GO GO GO!!!!"

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom