• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY033: Hearts Calling to Each Other! To the Other Side of Wave-Guiding!!

Wow Korrina is depressed without Lucario, I'm guessing something horrible must have happened, I guess it was when she was six or seven (about when she got Riolu), maybe a very close person died/left her and she never got over it or she was bullied or badly beaten up or had no friends, anything is possible. You would rely on a pet if you had a horrible event in your life, to Korrina Lucario is her only friend or Lucario keeps her mind off the death or abandonment and helps her feel better. Aww Clemont and Korrina are so cute together, I hope they were able to sleep and even Clemont fed Korrina. Nice Meyer reference! I guess she met Clemont's dad. Gurkinn's not good at taking care of kids or himself, I mean look at that scene from the training flashbacks, I understand he's trying to make Korrina stronger but at least dress for the weather, I mean they could get hypothermia or frostbite like this. Or maybe Gurkinn could be running a fever then and he was just standing out there in the snow trying to lower the fever.

Okay so Gurkinn doesn't care if it's too hot, too cold or rainy it's like "I don't care if you burn up, or freeze to death, or get soaked", he should know better to dress (and Korrina) for this weather how cruel and stupid of him (another reason why I hate Gurkinn he doesn't care about health or body temperature), I think Gurkinn serves as her babysitter and teacher while an aunt or uncle or parent or nanny is her primary caretaker.

I'm suddenly reminded of Grant, the climbing trees just like Grant. Why doesn't little Korrina take out her ponytail when she sleeps? Her pajamas are so cute, why isn't she wearing a swimsuit either? Good episode overall!

Last edited:
I'm getting the idea that Korrina has chronic depression. She's depressed without Lucario. I guess she had a horrible childhood and is still tramentized by it. She can never get over it. Lucario is her comfort item (like a "blankie"). It only is like an anti depressant.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom