• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY035: Champion of the Forest! Luchabull Appears!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be boss if Fletchling evolved while trying to catch Hawlucha. I hope this is an actual battle capture ep, and not a "we're friends now so come with me" ep.

I don't think so, as Fletchling or Fletchinder do not seems to be on par with Hawlucha in terms of combat capablility. (it took on a Machamp and Ursaring in the preview, its looking very very strong.)

And evolution in middle of capture battle? Worse than mid-gym battle evolve IMO, atleast gym leaders are strong trainer.

High chance of a befriending episode.

Newtype Magazine summary, by Bluesun:

"For the Wrestling Pokemon, Luchabull, dealing cool attacks is the beauty of battle. Satoshi is impressed by this view, and trains together with it."

"For the Wrestling Pokemon, Luchabull, dealing cool attacks is the beauty of battle. Satoshi is impressed by this view, and trains together with it."

Damn, this sounds like a bond and catch instead of a battle and catch. Do surprise me anime

I'm guessing this will be Korrina's last episode with traveling with Ash. She will go back home, be the gym leader and maybe help take care of the family (she looks like somebody who could have a big family, not like Brock where she has eight maybe 3-5 at the max and I see her helping her mother or whoever is taking care of them, like doing house chores and running errands). I hope Korrina is envolved.

Wouldn't it be boss if Fletchling evolved while trying to catch Hawlucha. I hope this is an actual battle capture ep, and not a "we're friends now so come with me" ep.

I don't think so, as Fletchling or Fletchinder do not seems to be on par with Hawlucha in terms of combat capablility. (it took on a Machamp and Ursaring in the preview, its looking very very strong.)

And evolution in middle of capture battle? Worse than mid-gym battle evolve IMO, atleast gym leaders are strong trainer.

High chance of a befriending episode.

Well the writers never really cared how Ash's base stage Pokemon evolved, in regards to a 3 stage.

Taillow was literally the only one who evolved through a difficult struggle and yet it's only a 2 stage.

I suppose Starly was pretty close with that Bird Pokemon Team Rocket plot, but still really didn't do anything. Neither did Pidove until it evolved by repelling some Venipede, and it still didn't do anything of value until Skyla.

So Fletchling battling against Hawlucha, evolving and resulting in a capture of Hawlucha with Fletchinder winning, is probably the most ideal, most realistic way Fletchling can evolve and actually have it be decent. Otherwise we are either looking at Fletchling evolving in one of the Korinna episodes, likely against nothing important. Or it's going to evolve randomly in a battle in the upcoming summer camp arc (assuming they kick that arc right after the movie).

It seems incredibly UNlikely we'll get a battle oriented episode with Fletchling evolving. Unless the episode after Hawlucha's episode proves me wrong, the best option that's likely for Fletchling to evolve is against Hawlucha, otherwise it's going to be random as hell, if the following episode after this Hawlucha episode isn't Fletchling focused.

Well the writers never really cared how Ash's base stage Pokemon evolved, in regards to a 3 stage.

Taillow was literally the only one who evolved through a difficult struggle and yet it's only a 2 stage.

I suppose Starly was pretty close with that Bird Pokemon Team Rocket plot, but still really didn't do anything. Neither did Pidove until it evolved by repelling some Venipede, and it still didn't do anything of value until Skyla.

So Fletchling battling against Hawlucha, evolving and resulting in a capture of Hawlucha with Fletchinder winning, is probably the most ideal, most realistic way Fletchling can evolve and actually have it be decent. Otherwise we are either looking at Fletchling evolving in one of the Korinna episodes, likely against nothing important. Or it's going to evolve randomly in a battle in the upcoming summer camp arc (assuming they kick that arc right after the movie).

It seems incredibly UNlikely we'll get a battle oriented episode with Fletchling evolving. Unless the episode after Hawlucha's episode proves me wrong, the best option that's likely for Fletchling to evolve is against Hawlucha, otherwise it's going to be random as hell, if the following episode after this Hawlucha episode isn't Fletchling focused.

While I agree that the writers never cared much about base stage evolution, I still think that Fletchling is not going to evolve in this episode as a result of battling with Hawlucha...

This summary makes me think that its a befriending episode.. if Fletchling evolve here, it might be the result of training together. (just my speculation though)

Last edited:
image_ca05_check_def.jpg

I'm sorry but the more screencaps I see of Hawlucha, the more I can't hold my excitement for this episode, please don't disappoint me!

Also...Are Ash and Hawlucha doing a handshake in the bottom right image? Getting Charizard brofist vibes.~

Why is the awesomeness of this Hawlucha episode getting me more and more pumped with each screenshot I see? Sure, it may end up a befriending episode, but, hey, as long as Hawlucha struts its stuff well, as well as being able to merge well with Ash's team, I'll take it. And who knows? Maybe, even after being befriended, Hawlucha will still ask for a battle to see if Ash is able to catch it. Either way, I'm still looking forward to this episode. I may just have to watch both the Japanese and Dub versions so I can get the full experience. Either way, I'm getting excited. Now if the writers choose the rest of Ash's team with care, then he'll have an awesome team.

Hawlucha!! Can't fucking wait to see it in action. One of my favorite Gen VI Pokémon.

Yeah, looks like Hawlucha and ash are gonna be bros. Cool to see it on his team, but I worry about Fletching. Its being treated as a Flying type more then it, the ep after has it participating in a Sky Battle of all things, and I really would hate the regional bird being shafted.

Yeah, looks like Hawlucha and ash are gonna be bros. Cool to see it on his team, but I worry about Fletching. Its being treated as a Flying type more then it, the ep after has it participating in a Sky Battle of all things, and I really would hate the regional bird being shafted.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's going to be his Fire type soon

To me that would be the best thing. With Hawlucha in the team, Ash doesn't need the generic bird anymore.

Famitsu summary, by bluesun:

http://i.imgur.com/WUaWOgU.jpg
"Satoshi and Luchabull go through special training to help it complete its finishing move, "Flying Press", but then!?"
I knew it! I knew they were holding hands. That's pretty darn cool all in itself. Also, I can see Ash jumping off a cliff several times in order for Hawlucha to complete Flying Press. I'm also hoping TRio doesn't appear in this episode, but I have a feeling they will and Hawlucha will complete Flying Press by beating them.

Still can't wait for this!

Famitsu summary, by bluesun:

http://i.imgur.com/WUaWOgU.jpg
"Satoshi and Luchabull go through special training to help it complete its finishing move, "Flying Press", but then!?"
I knew it! I knew they were holding hands. That's pretty darn cool all in itself. Also, I can see Ash jumping off a cliff several times in order for Hawlucha to complete Flying Press. I'm also hoping TRio doesn't appear in this episode, but I have a feeling they will and Hawlucha will complete Flying Press by beating them.

Still can't wait for this!

Everything you said, especially the Team Rocket better not be here part!

Ash jumping off cliff sounds soo Ash lol. This episode will be awesome.

Well duh! Do you expect anything else? Out of all the pokemon, out of all the fire types, they could have chose anything. I also can't stand Hawlucha either. They have so many cool choices for pokemon to give him this sag since no one is doing anything in his group. I was expecting more than two type that could fly. I wanted something more original and something he's never had before.

Preview
- Hawlucha flies above Ash and Pikachu.
- Hawlucha battles a Machamp and an Ursaring.
- Froakie battles Hawlucha.

[video=youtube;l4XPo99gj78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4XPo99gj78[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom