• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY035: Champion of the Forest! Luchabull Appears!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo, Ash met Hawlucha when collecting woods and Hawlucha's failed Flying Press hit right into him. (Which is the reason Ash is going to help it train)

Froakie will be the one battling Hawlucha at some point of the episode...

And ofcourse.... Hawlucha throwing Ursaring around so easily (and cool!).... was it Vital Throw or something? (And how did the preview @Playerking posted don't have that throwing around part? I saw it in the preview after the episode)

Edit: Hawlucha can't learn Vital Throw.. I have no idea what it was. And grammar mistake lol

Last edited:
Sooo, Ash met Hawlucha when collecting woods and Hawlucha's failed Flying Press hit right onto him. (Which is the reason Ash is going to help it train)

And ofcourse.... Hawlucha throwing Ursaring around so easily (and cool!).... was it Vital Throw or something? (And how did the preview @Playerking posted don't have that throwing around part? I saw it in the preview after the episode)

Edit: Hawlucha can't learn Vital Throw.. I have no idea what it was.
I was going to suggest Circle Throw, but it seems like Hawlucha doesn't learn this move either. Submission is a possibility also.

Sooo, Ash met Hawlucha when collecting woods and Hawlucha's failed Flying Press hit right into him. (Which is the reason Ash is going to help it train)

Edit: Hawlucha can't learn Vital Throw.. I have no idea what it was. And grammar mistake lol

Reading all the moves (Hawlucha can learn), and their descriptions, the only move which the description at least possibly matches what Hawlucha is doing to Ursaring, is Acrobatics.

"The user nimbly strikes the target."

I know we've seen Acrobatics before, but this could easily just be unique to this Hawlucha. After all May's Skitty did use double slap with its paws and tail. So this could just be a unique representation of the move.

Edit: This is all of course under the assumption its a move rather than just Hawlucha using its body to attack Ursaring.

It's probably just Karate Chop xD
So it's moves are probably(from what I'm seeing in the preview):
Hi Jump Kick
Flying Press
Karate Chop

Hi Jump Kick
Flying Press
Karate Chop

It can't be Karate Chop, Karate Chop specifically uses it's hand.

No way could Karate Chop look like a Hurricanrana (wrestling move), Hawlucha is using its legs. Acrobatics makes far more sense (at this moment, not sure of potential future move tutor moves from like Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire).

Hi Jump Kick
Flying Press
Karate Chop

No way could Karate Chop look like a Hurricanrana (wrestling move), Hawlucha is using its legs. Acrobatics makes far more sense (at this moment, not sure of potential future move tutor moves from like Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire).

I'm sure it's one of the 2 moves used on that Ursaring(though I could be horribly wrong and you could be right, lol)
It could be Brick Break though, xD

Last edited:
Hi Jump Kick
Flying Press
Karate Chop

Frankly, I don't think that's even a move. I think that's a simple action, like Gliscor using the tail to do additional damage during one of its battles (don't remember which one, at the moment) despite not having a "tail" move or Korrina's Lucario using its legs to attack Gurkinn's Lucario despite not having any kicking attack.

405.jpg

It could also be a move, I'm not denying that, but I have my doubts about Acrobatics.

Hi Jump Kick
Flying Press
Karate Chop

Frankly, I don't think that's even a move. I think that's a simple action, like Gliscor using the tail to do additional damage during one of its battles (don't remember which one, at the moment) despite not having a "tail" move or Korrina's Lucario using its legs to attack Gurkinn's Lucario despite not having any kicking attack.

405.jpg

It could also be a move, I'm not denying that, but I have my doubts about Acrobatics.

I did express my belief that it could be a non-move when I quoted Mareepy.

Hi Jump Kick
Flying Press
Karate Chop

I'm sure it's one of the 2 moves used on that Ursaring(though I could be horribly wrong and you could be right, lol)
It could be Brick Break though, xD

In case you're confused, we're talking about the extended preview, where Hawlucha does a move closely resembling a Hurricanarana which is a wrestling move in the sponsor preview part.

Not the punching/slashing move it uses on Ursaring normally which could be Slash, Karate Chop, Brick Break, and whatever else.

Were referring to the scene where Hawlucha flies down and grabs Ursaring's neck by it's legs/pelvis (however you want to think of that area wrapping around's someone's neck like a vice) and twists it in a very similar manner to the Hurricanarana (with I'm sure a few differences) and slams Ursaring to the ground.

From the preview it looks like an awesome episode, if Satoshi does capture it, hope for it to appear a lot in the anime... now that Hawlucha is high on my favorites can't wait to see this episode.

People were surprised that Ash was getting a Hawlucha on his team when it first came to light, yet what if GameFreak planned to give it a Mega Evolution for ORAS? Maybe that could be why?

Anyway, even from the preview you can tell that Hawlucha is overflowing with personality. I just love that thing.

Oh, man, can this episode get any more awesome? That preview just got me even more pumped for this episode. While it does look like a bonding episode (help with move training), I was right that Hawlucha would end up battling Ash in the end, judging by Froakie dukin' it out with it. This Hawlucha looks like it's brimming with personality, so that means it'll (hopefully) be a big-time contender. I hope Ash gives it plenty of screentime, as this episode alone is enough to generate plenty of action/excitement for it.

As for the moves it's using, safe to say one is Hi Jump Kick, as it is more of a knee-based kick, which Hawlucha is clearly doing. Flying Press is a big, fat duh, as this episode will be about mastering it. As for that last move, I'd say it's Brick Break, as whenever a Mon uses Brick Break, their entire lower arm glows, and it's not always a chopping motion, while Karate Chop only has the hand glowing. So I'm going with Brick Break as move #3. Which makes me wonder what its "final" move is or will be? But either way, this Hawlucha looks like it'll be a major powerhouse. Man, I am stoked for this episode. Like I said before, I may just have to watch both versions to get the full effect of it, and I don't like doing that, but this may be an exception.

So Ash is gonna catch this Hawlucha? I'm actually happy about that. I liked Hawlucha when I first saw it (too bad it doesn't evolve...), it's concept and movepool is versatile, and the Pokemon already has a bit of personality, even though it hasn't even debuted yet. I mean, have any of you played with that guy in Poke-Amie? I can just see "interesting character" written all over the little guy. Don't screw this up, please!

2nd preview:

[video=youtube;mU-2bvutvvU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU-2bvutvvU[/video]

Hawlucha vs. Froakie looks awesome. *_*

2nd preview:

@Kaen Hosha

Looks like I was right in that it can actually fly and not just glide.

But anyway, few things I picked up on in this trailer;

-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.

And that's about it I think.

P.S When Hawlucha used it's legs to bring Ursaring to the ground, was that a move or just a wrestling grapple?

2nd preview:

@Kaen Hosha

-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.

P.S When Hawlucha used it's legs to bring Ursaring to the ground, was that a move or just a wrestling grapple?

Looks like Low Sweep(well the name fits it's description..)
Edit: I could be horribly wrong again..

2nd preview:

@Kaen Hosha

-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.
-Hawlucha is awesome.

Looks like Low Sweep(well the name fits it's description..)
Edit: I could be horribly wrong again..
I wouldn't say that, Hawlucha can learn Low Sweep via TM, however it didn't look like a Low Sweep to me. Also when it twirled in the air, is it possible that could of been Acrobatics?

I'm glad Froakie is taking on Hawlucha, I'm getting tired of Pikaspam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom