• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY035: Champion of the Forest! Luchabull Appears!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
10300219_708215839217864_709160238905268354_n.jpg

The Hawlucha that Ash captures appears here.

I find it quite interesting that a main character would have obtained a pokemon (to be featured and used in a movie) during an episode originally set to air after that movie is released in Japan.

This episode's July 10th airdate would have been pushed forward to July 24th if XY024 weren't postponed. Usually the anime staff organizes the TV TOKYO airing schedule so that, as of the anime episode before the film, all of the main characters have the exact teams that they use in the movie. Although Ash will obtain that team with the new schedule, he wouldn't have done so in the older schedule.

On a more related note, Hawlucha seems to be fighting an Ursaring and Machamp in the preview footage. One of Hawlucha's game dex entries mentions how it may battle and defeat other Fighting-types like Machamp or Hariyama. And this particular Hawlucha know High Jump Kick and what appears to be Karate Chop.

Ash's Hawlucha looks like a very skilled and strong battler. Ions stronger than his current team (yes, including Pikachu after that embarrassing loss to Korrina). I wonder how that will fit with his current group dynamic. Also, for some clarification, does this capture happen after or before his Gym Battle with Korrina? Their is such a large amount of Korrina/Lucario episodes that I can't tell which. If it happens before and Korrina is still with the group, I highly bet that she will attempt to capture the Wrestling Pokemon as well. I wouldn't mind that as I especially enjoyed a similar suit with Buizel Your Way Out Of This!

I find it quite interesting that a main character would have obtained a pokemon (to be featured and used in a movie) during an episode originally set to air after that movie is released in Japan.

This episode's July 10th airdate would have been pushed forward to July 24th if XY024 weren't postponed. Usually the anime staff organizes the TV TOKYO airing schedule so that, as of the anime episode before the film, all of the main characters have the exact teams that they use in the movie. Although Ash will obtain that team with the new schedule, he wouldn't have done so in the older schedule.
What probably happened is that this episode had originally been intended to air on this date, and they may have pushed the episode that would have aired before this one to now air after it. They'd have to squeeze in this episode before the movie no matter what to Hawlucha's appearance makes sense. We can't say anything right now, but if the first episode to air after the movie doesn't have Hawlucha in it we'll pretty much know whether that's the case or not.

Took long enough for someone to finally get a new pokemon. I see him being the torkoal of the kalos region.

I see him being the torkoal of the kalos region.

You mean the one who loses almost every battle it participates in? I disagree, this Hawlucha guy looks like someone who is gonna wreck shit up.

I'm looking forward to this. Hawlucha is an awesome Pokemon on its own, and I bet this one will be akin to Buizel, but maybe a bit more flexible and more willing to shelf any pride it has when the situation calls for it. And judging by some pre-released images of the manga adaptation of M17, Hawlucha looks like it'll meld really well with Ash and co. Either way, I can't wait to see Ash catch it. And it's about time we got a new addition to the group, and they picked a good one to boot.

Sweet. Looking forward to this. Such an interesting pokemon for Ash to have. So is Fletchling going to evolve before or after this?

I am definitely looking forward to Hawlucha in this episode. It looks pretty cool going up against Ursaring, Machamp, and what looks like possibly Conkeldurr. It definitely looks like a strong pokemon and I can't wait to see it on Ash's team. I am also excited to see its battle style. It may be another bird pokemon for Ash but it'll definitely battle differently from Ash's previous birds and Fletchling. Overall, it's all about Hawlucha for this episode and I'm pretty excited!

Yes. Yes. I can finally seen the second flying pokemon that Ash captured in this episode. One hope for sure that Ash will train this fighter until got well enough to beat Diantha after his (almost) noob point and don't forget to mention Fletching that will soon evolve into Fletchender at this place right at your screen everyone.

Awesome, I would like to see him bond with that Lucario from Lucario and the Mystery of Mew next, this will be great. Or probably Ash's Charizard returns in order to use him as Mega Charizard Y.

Awesome, I would like to see him bond with that Lucario from Lucario and the Mystery of Mew next, this will be great. Or probably Ash's Charizard returns in order to use him as Mega Charizard Y.

Um, that Lucario died.

yeah, I bet Hawlucha fills the role of speedy unevolved powerhouse like Buizel did in Sinnoh

Took long enough for someone to finally get a new pokemon. I see him being the torkoal of the kalos region.

Its about time Ash got another Pokemon. Wonder what took the producers so long to do that. He needs to have 6 pokemon (along with Pikachu) for the League Championships after he gets all 8 badges (only 6 more to go). Hopefully he won't take long to get more Pokemon after Hawlucha.

Ash's Hawlucha looks like a very skilled and strong battler. Ions stronger than his current team (yes, including Pikachu after that embarrassing loss to Korrina). I wonder how that will fit with his current group dynamic. Also, for some clarification, does this capture happen after or before his Gym Battle with Korrina? Their is such a large amount of Korrina/Lucario episodes that I can't tell which. If it happens before and Korrina is still with the group, I highly bet that she will attempt to capture the Wrestling Pokemon as well. I wouldn't mind that as I especially enjoyed a similar suit with Buizel Your Way Out Of This!

Embarrassing? Oh, please. Korrina has been shown to have had her Lucario since she was a child, and she is now a 'young woman'. However, if I remember correctly, Ash has had Pikachu for a year-ish tops. (In the OS, they said the magnet train would take a year to fix, guess what Iris and Cilan got on?) Korrina is also a Gym Leader, had Swords Dance to boost Lucario's attack, and Bone Rush as a super effective attack. It'd be embarrassing on the writer's behalf if Pikachu did win.

On the topic, I love how Hawlucha seems to be quite powerful. I can see it being quite a competitive little birdie, probably getting into competition with Pikachu and/or Froakie.

I wonder if this'll change Korrina's Gym Battle team? In game, she mains a Hawlucha for her Gym Battle, using her Lucario (plural) in the battles before and after it. I'm just going to guess she'll use Meinfoo, Machoke and Lucario.

I think this Hawlucha will fight and act like Buizel does, or Treecko before its evolution. It seems like that, seeing its stats, and the general idea of how a Fighting/Flying would act. In fact, seeing how Ash works incredibly well with speedy and maneuverable Pokemon that can launch powerful attacks, this thing will be a devil on the battlefield. In fact, I can see Ash putting Pikachu, Hawlucha and Buizel together in a Kalos League or future league battle. The main difference between Buizel/Treecko and Hawlucha is attacks. Hawlucha's moveset is mostly physical, unlike Buizel's Water-type.

Embarrassing? Oh, please. Korrina has been shown to have had her Lucario since she was a child, and she is now a 'young woman'. However, if I remember correctly, Ash has had Pikachu for a year-ish tops. (In the OS, they said the magnet train would take a year to fix, guess what Iris and Cilan got on?) Korrina is also a Gym Leader, had Swords Dance to boost Lucario's attack, and Bone Rush as a super effective attack. It'd be embarrassing on the writer's behalf if Pikachu did win.

On the topic, I love how Hawlucha seems to be quite powerful. I can see it being quite a competitive little birdie, probably getting into competition with Pikachu and/or Froakie.

I wonder if this'll change Korrina's Gym Battle team? In game, she mains a Hawlucha for her Gym Battle, using her Lucario (plural) in the battles before and after it. I'm just going to guess she'll use Meinfoo, Machoke and Lucario.

Yes embarrassing. Also, quantity does not necessarily equal quality. The fact that Korrina has been with her Lucario longer than Ash with his Pikachu does not validate the notion that Korrina and Lucario are automatically stronger. Additionally, Korrina is not a young woman. She is roughly around the age of Calem/Serena, which is in their mid -teens (15-16).

Secondly, embarrassing mostly on Ash and Pikachu's part. The two have been through 5 regions, myriads of battles(including gym, elite four, league, rival etc), several legendary Pokemon, and have developed several counter and move combinations. So the fact that Pikachu was literally knocked around like a volleyball, and that Ash chose to use Quick Attack and Iron Tail out of all moves on a Lucario, which are both ineffective by the way, instead of Pikachu's effective and ranged electric moves, causes me to say that yes-they suffered an embarrassing loss.

I didn't expect Ash and Pikachu to win. However, I did expect a much better battle from the two than what we got.

Yes embarrassing. Also, quantity does not necessarily equal quality. The fact that Korrina has been with her Lucario longer than Ash with his Pikachu does not validate the notion that Korrina and Lucario are automatically stronger. Additionally, Korrina is not a young woman. She is roughly around the age of Calem/Serena, which is in their mid -teens (15-16).

Secondly, embarrassing mostly on Ash and Pikachu's part. The two have been through 5 regions, myriads of battles(including gym, elite four, league, rival etc), several legendary Pokemon, and have developed several counter and move combinations. So the fact that Pikachu was literally knocked around like a volleyball, and that Ash chose to use Quick Attack and Iron Tail out of all moves on a Lucario, which are both ineffective by the way, instead of Pikachu's effective and ranged electric moves, causes me to say that yes-they suffered an embarrassing loss.

I didn't expect Ash and Pikachu to win. However, I did expect a much better battle from the two than what we got.

That is technically a young women, she's old enough to get married and have kids in a decent amount of the world -_-

How do you know that Korrina hasn't travelled regions? We know nothing about her. Also, Lucario seems to be her only, or one of her only Pokemon. Ash has a metric crapton and trains them all, so Pikachu would logically have less training than Lucario. Then there's the fact that Lucario is just a generally stronger species on average.

Yes, most of those victories came after its allies had worn the foe down.

This is Ash, 'Aim For The Horn!' Ketchum we're on about XD

We're getting off topic here, anyway.

On subject, due to Hawlucha's acrobatic nature, I bet Froakie and/or Fletchling will be involved in catching it. I'd prefer Fletchling, as its Flying-Type moves offer a type advantage, and Froakie's had enough limelight. It was also involved in Fletchling's capture, and the Tiny Robin Pokemon needs some build up before evolution, IMHO.

That is technically a young women, she's old enough to get married and have kids in a decent amount of the world -_-

How do you know that Korrina hasn't travelled regions? We know nothing about her. Also, Lucario seems to be her only, or one of her only Pokemon. Ash has a metric crapton and trains them all, so Pikachu would logically have less training than Lucario. Then there's the fact that Lucario is just a generally stronger species on average.

Yes, most of those victories came after its allies had worn the foe down.

This is Ash, 'Aim For The Horn!' Ketchum we're on about XD

We're getting off topic here, anyway.

On subject, due to Hawlucha's acrobatic nature, I bet Froakie and/or Fletchling will be involved in catching it. I'd prefer Fletchling, as its Flying-Type moves offer a type advantage, and Froakie's had enough limelight. It was also involved in Fletchling's capture, and the Tiny Robin Pokemon needs some build up before evolution, IMHO.

*Young woman, and I consider a young woman to be 18, when they technically become adults. Just because she is able to reproduce at that age doesn't make her a young woman. Young woman/man and adolescent/teenager vary by definition and opinion. So no point on debating on that.

I don't know if she has traveled to other regions. And even if she did, I highly doubt she's done everything Ash has. Additionally, just because she might only possess Lucario (most likely not), doesn't mean that she has battled with it 24/7. You have know way of knowing how often she battles or has battled, thus you cannot say that Lucario has more battling experience/time/whatever than Pikachu. For this conversation we do know that Ash has traveled to many regions and battled many battles along with Pikachu, while Korrina hasn't. Given the seasons upon seasons we have had of Ash and Pikachu and what they have accomplished, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the credibility of their strength. And even if the Pikachu's teammates at the time wore an enemy down (which was not always), it still gained experienced.

Furthermore, age does not determine experience. By your logic, then every opponent Ash has ever faced that is older than him (which is a majority of opponents) should have always won. Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Frontier Brains and Champions should rarely lose battles then, especially to trainers who just received a Pokemon, such as a starter. Wouldn't make much for an anime then, would it. So even though Korrina is visibly older than Ash, it wouldn't be embarrassing to the writers if he came out victorious in their first battle.

Anyway, I was only defending my opinion of their battle. If you wanted to stay on topic, then there wasn't a need to refute anything/everything I said. So at this point we can agree to disagree. You didn't think much of their battle, I get it. I on the other hand was disappointed. And that's that.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be boss if Fletchling evolved while trying to catch Hawlucha. I hope this is an actual battle capture ep, and not a "we're friends now so come with me" ep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom