• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY036: A Sky Battle!? Luchabull VS Fiarrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
XY036.png

XY036: A Sky Battle!? Luchabull VS Firerrow!!
Airdate: July 24

Dat Sky Battle outfit tho. It looks dumb and cool at the same time.

All Right, All Right, All Right, this seems to be REALLY COOL AND AWESOME! I'm going to say aside from Wrestler VS. Fire Hawk, Ash will try and Bond with Hawlucha maybe? This is ONLY a guess.

They better do Fiarrow some justice here, or the majority of the metagame will rage.

Um.......as cool as this probably will b........Hawlucha can't sky battle in the game........so yeah.........lol

I knew that there would be a sky battle episode coming up, but I didn't think it'd happen this soon.

It's very interesting because Hawlucha can't participate in sky battles in the games. And Hawlucha is at a major type disadvantage, since one of its STABS deal "not very effective damage" on Talonflame and it is weak to Flying.

Hawlucha should learn a Rock-type attack to combat this mishap.

Last edited:
Don't like the fact that Talonflame is showing up so early, giving the horrible way they debuted Fletchinder as in they shoved it in an episode just because "HEY GOT A DEBUT SOMETHING NEW"

And I feel this is the same with Talonflame, I mean sure Talonflame could be instrumental here, in helping Fletchling evolve, and we could get a decent battle here against Hawlucha, with some great focus for both of Ash's bird Pokemon.

BUT at the same time, I feel like its too early for Talonflame, sure someone could point out that I really prefer when main character debut a certain Pokemon, an so far as has only debuted Froakie (technically), and Hawlucha, but think of past examples. The writers are horrible at waiting before a main character debuts a certain Pokemon.

I mean look at Krookodile, it was needlessly shoved in that Luke Movie making episode, even though Ash was going to have one 10 episodes later, there was almost literally no point in other then "Hey, Ash is going to get a Krookodile, here, let's shove a Krookodile in this episode, so Ash doesn't debut the species" and here I like that in the anime (not the movie) Ash debuted Infernape.

So unless Ash is going to have a Talonflame by the time they reach Ramos or during the gym battle against Ramos, where Fletchinder takes out Jumpluff and Weepinbell, and then evolves to take out Gogoat in an epic sweep gym battle, where Hawlucha/Froakie/Pikachu/possible 5th Pokemon lose quickly, I'm not sure I understand the point of having Talonflame showing up so early when there are plenty of other flying types (maybe not of 6th generation, but still) that could've been used instead.

Oh don't worry I have no doubts Fletchinder will become a Talonflame, so I'm not worried in that sense, I'm just a little disappointed when characters don't debut Pokemon. Ash can't debut Greninja (except for real in-flesh appearance, and not picture flashback image), and unfortunately we have no idea what the last two Pokemon Ash will get, and even though it is very likely he'll debut those Pokemon, since it's far more likely given the way XY has been going, he will get a Pokemon that hasn't appeared, like Skiddo/Phantump, Honedge, Goomy, Bergmite, those Pokemon, unless Ash gets Goomy, and we all know how that will turn out, it's highly unlikely that Ash will ever debut a fully evolved species. And I understand how trivial it is to think that, I just like it because to me it shows the writers actually put focus and effort into a Pokemon. If a Pokemon debuts needlessly or pointlessly, I feel giving a main character said Pokemon eventually is just a cop-out and basically saying "Why not?"

While Hawlucha with stone edge would be pretty badass at least with Hawlucha it would be badass, I'm not sure two fighting type moves, one flying type move, and a rock type move, is really the best they can do with Hawlucha, but I'll take it.

=========

Considering little bird Pokemon can't be in sky battles, for no particular reason, I'm not sure I care if Hawlucha is in a sky battle, even though it can't be in the games.

Hawlucha is still a flying type.

Besides its unlikely to last very long anyway, since its far more likely this episode is going to revolve around Fletchling evolving. Shame it is evolving without winning a decent battle. Sure Surskit was nice but was cancelled out by losing twice to Vivillion and Tyrunt.

Um.......as cool as this probably will b........Hawlucha can't sky battle in the game........so yeah.........lol

I think the writers must love Hawlucha. I approve of this.

'The writers' do not decide this sort of thing. The plot of the series is chosen by Chief Director Yuyama Kunihiko, Series Director Yajima Tetsuo, and Series Organizer (head writer) Tomioka Atsuhiro. Tomioka doesn't corral five or six other writers in a room and has them help him decide the course of the series, he assigns them scenarios as decided and agreed upon by himself and his superiors. These writers, like Tomioka himself, are freelancers who work with any production in the industry. This isn't like Star Trek: Deep Space Nine where there is a relied upon team of writers for a series who are committed to that series alone.

In other words, Luchabull's participation here is less "'the writers' have the authority to favor Luchabull" and more "we are obligated to promote the main character's cool new Pokemon and the Sky Battle aspects of the game."

So I'm guessing the gym battle against Korrina takes place after the upcoming summer camp arc? that means around XY040-XY045. :)

It seems the pace of XY is slightly slower than AG but a lot faster than DP, remember the third DP gym battle was around DP068.

Considering little bird Pokemon can't be in sky battles, for no particular reason, I'm not sure I care if Hawlucha is in a sky battle, even though it can't be in the games.
The reason why some bird Pokémon can't be used in Sky Battles in the games is because their sprites are standing the ground, while the ones who can participate are in the air.

I knew that there would be a sky battle episode coming up, but I didn't think it'd happen this soon.

It's very interesting because Hawlucha can't participate in sky battles in the games. And Hawlucha is at a major type disadvantage, since both of its STABS deal "not very effective damage" on Talonflame.

In the end credits where there are comics of Ash & co. relaxing on a beach, Hawlucha is shown holding a rock. But that can just be purely aesthetic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The real thing is that Hawlucha considering he's still new in Ash's party pokemon I'm still doubtful the winners is gotta be Ash because remembering that Taleonflame is a second stage Fire/Flying bird pokemon while Hawlucha is only don't have an evolution so the power for the opponent must be stronger that Ash. By the way I really don't like Ash's outfit due to a fact that it's a silly costume BUT I still want to watch the full epa to know the results of this sky battle.

Wow! Wasn't expecting this. First an action packed debut/capture episode, and now immediately afterwards another amazing action packed episode!

I can't wait! They sure didn't take their time introducing the Fletchling family. I really hope Talonflame will be as fast as it is in the games. I expect to see a freaking phoenix blazing through the sky, spamming Brave Bird and Flare Blitz. The animation is sure to be fluid, with many aerial shots.

As for Ash and Hawlucha, this will really interesting. Hawlucha can't fly, being able to glide at best. Also, its three currently known moves are all ineffective on Talonflame. I really don't want it to lose this battle, but I don't see it winning either. Either way, wow!

Really looking forward to this episode. Battles between flying types are usually wonderfully done in the anime and have me glued to the screen.

Wow! Wasn't expecting this. First an action packed debut/capture episode, and now immediately afterwards another amazing action packed episode!

I can't wait! They sure didn't take their time introducing the Fletchling family. I really hope Talonflame will be as fast as it is in the games. I expect to see a freaking phoenix blazing through the sky, spamming Brave Bird and Flare Blitz. The animation is sure to be fluid, with many aerial shots.

As for Ash and Hawlucha, this will really interesting. Hawlucha can't fly, being able to glide at best. Also, its three currently known moves are all ineffective on Talonflame. I really don't want it to lose this battle, but I don't see it winning either. Either way, wow!
Firstly, it's been shown to fly in the manga version of the Diance movie. It carried Ash and Pikachu through the air and back onto the ground.

Secondly, Hawlucha will have 4 moves. It's confirmed to learn Flying Press in it's debut episode, making it have a full moveset.

Firstly, it's been shown to fly in the manga version of the Diance movie. It carried Ash and Pikachu through the air and back onto the ground.

Secondly, Hawlucha will have 4 moves. It's confirmed to learn Flying Press in it's debut episode, making it have a full moveset.

Hmm that looked more like gliding to me.

And what is the fourth move? Karate Chop, High Jump Kick, Flying Press and what else (in addition to where/when is it seen?)

Hmm that looked more like gliding to me.

And what is the fourth move? Karate Chop, High Jump Kick, Flying Press and what else (in addition to where/when is it seen?)
It learns Fly in-game, but take it as you see it I guess. Though it looks like the Sky Battle is being done in an indoor sky tunnel, so it may well just float.

It's possible it could of been Wing Attack or Aerial Ace or even Brick Break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom