• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY042: Team Battle! Competing for the Hall of Fame!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep this up, and he can easily take down all legendaries plus Sephiroth, Kurt Zisa, the Phantom, the data replicas of Organization XIII (except Lexaeus... but then again...), the Lingering Will, Young Xehanort, the Vanitas Remnant and Julius in just one Thunderbolt, all at the same time!

And then explode by levelling up to Level 0. Anyway, a starter showdown would make more sense, but Pikachu is in everything. The eight-year-olds would melt down if Ash boxed Pikachu, losing ~90% of viewers, so why would they? Anyways, Ash will win because he always does. Even though Serena had zero battles.
If levels were in the anime, it would be Chespin: Level 15ish. Fenniken: Level 6. (Team Rocket EXP.) Pikachu: Level 100. But then Pikachu could then lose magically. Still, I'd place my bets on Ash winning.

There is literally no excuse for Pikachu being overused, NONE, because it will always be used, always get battles, I'm pretty sure Pikachu's battle absence is not going to cause some catastrophic collapse in the world where anyone will cry out "Why didn't Ash continue to keep using Pikachu" before the Universe collapses and everyone dies. I wish the writers and executive producers would stop acting like it would. At least for awhile.

At this rate Pikachu is going to be used IN every single gym battle, likely starring more than letting someone else take the glory and it's going to be more than pointless. I don't watch the anime for Pikachu, this isn't called the Pikachu show. It's called "Pokémon" and everyone involved in the anime fails to realize that.

Pikachu will always be the mascot, Pikachu will always get over-glorified, always overused, always be Ash's favored and strongest Pokémon but letting other Pokémon get some focus, wouldn't kill anyone.

The writers just don't care for anyone over the age of 10.

Why are you under the false impression 'the writers' are the ultimate authority on this series? They're not. The story and tone of the series are decided by the series director, producer, and head writer. They ultimately answer to the people paying the bills. Now, look at the episodes written by Tomioka Atsuhiro and ask yourself if 'the writers' really don't care about creating something good?

Why are you under the false impression 'the writers' are the ultimate authority on this series? They're not. The story and tone of the series are decided by the series director, producer, and head writer. They ultimately answer to the people paying the bills. Now, look at the episodes written by Tomioka Atsuhiro and ask yourself if 'the writers' really don't care about creating something good?

I agree that some episodes are good, but don't forget that the dub producers are focusing on selling merchandise, and turned the anime into a 22-minute advertisement urging children to spend. And the anime has little adult appeal now.

Also, rather than fight over the current situation of the anime, can we get back to speaking about the episode (of the triple battle)? Sorry to appear rude.

I don't really get why everyone's so up-in-arms about Ash using Pikachu. JUST because everyone else is using a Kalos/Kanto starter, when as far as we know that's the only Pokemon Serena/Shauna/Tierno/Trevor have. You could easily put the fault on Clemont for not using Bunnelby...not his "first" Pokemon, per se, but you get the idea.

Also, I don't get why everyone is assuming that Pikachu will "dominate all the upcoming gym battles", even though they've not aired. I know you guys bought up Elesa, but remember against Clay, he wasn't used at all (since Ash knew Pikachu would have no effect) and against Skyla, he was defeated by a Pokemon he should have had a 4x type advantage against.

Strong, yes, but Pikachu doesn't "dominate".

Still, cool they're using the Kalos friends, so to speak.

Pikachu being used makes no sense. Let's just have a starter battle but include 1 random pokemon, shall we?

Glad to see Professor Sycamore will be in the Pokemon Camp Arc.

Also there's this which doesn't really show anything new except for one thing that caught my eye. Pikachu's Iron Tail has a Blue Aura surrounding it. It is battling Mega Lucario but I found it kind of weird now that it returned to just being white in color again.
tumblr_n8zhkpJR7j1rc3jkko1_1280.jpg

Looks like it'll be great, not really up for a Rocket attack but I love the idea of Pikachu getting injured and replaced with Froakie. Chespin battling is great since I like it a lot and Clemont, I hope it comes down to a one on one between Chespin and Charmander but it'll probably be Ash's Pokemon vs. Squirtle. The the Kalos Blondes + Ash fighting Team Squirtle has potential, I'm disappointed Bonnie gets left out though.

I'm glad to see Sycamore return, as he's my favorite of the supporting characters not to mention the only one, unless Diantha counts. Episodes with him are usually entertaining, so I have high-hopes for this one.

I'll just post this here so I only have to do it once (unless someone else wants to do it for the other threads):

Staff for Episodes #39-42 are out. Asada Yuuji and Iwane Masa'aki are not in sight, but Tamagawa Akihiro will act as animation supervisor for Episode #40. Also, Series Organizer (Head Writer) Tomioka Atsuhiro is writing Episodes #39-40 and #42. This is the most he has written himself in a single cluster in forever. I'm getting Shin'ou League flashbacks! I hope this means he and Series Director Yajima Tetsuo have big plans for the rival trio.

I assume Asada and Iwane are doing Episode #44 or Mega Evolution Act II. Maybe Iwane will do something for Tamagawa's Episode #40 given they both work at Studio Cockpit. It'd be great if this break in his solo episodes means Iwane is working on Mega Evolution Act II, though.

EDIT: Strike that. Iwane mentioned he was not handling Episode #44.

Last edited:
I had a headcannon that Korrina is Professor Sycamore's niece. Hopefully we'll see baby Korrina in a flashback or a picture of her or her in person coming like a cameo then gone.

Preview
- Pikachu eats a Macaron
- Team Rocket looks menacing.
- Ash's team and Tierno's team battle eachother.

[video=youtube;mLQ5wnk9yNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLQ5wnk9yNc&list=UUrDj5t8Q9ZFSGft7a3PWl9g[/video]

So Team Rocket will Reveal themselves when they are the Cooks, that's a Shame :(

Froakie not battling means it might have been injured during the fight with TR.

[video=youtube;XKn3dh1boRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKn3dh1boRI&list=UU15vHCCdbrVJ-buudVNKymw[/video]

Her Bulbasaur's that strong? Hm...Team Squirtle is full of surprises it seems!

I really hope to see Chespin and Fennekin get their first win, if Pikachu is the one who clutches it...er that'd be too much, but I hope that doesn't happen 'cause Pikachu's spotlight is the Gym Battle against Korrina.. Come in the Summer Camp as a team, win as a team is what I'd say to that..

Maybe Team Froakie will lose? dat twist..Or another draw? Who knows? We shall find out next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom