• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY044: Shara Gym Match! Pikachu VS Mega Lucario!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed... i think that they might Flecthcinder a chance this time as it hasnt really shone in the previous battles(meaning that it hasnt won a battle in a gym only weakened Tyrunt a bit)

Fletchinder (as a Fletchling) beat Viola's Surskit, it's the only Ash's first stage bird that has got a gym win...

I'm hoping the pre-battle talks are done in the previous episode so this whole episode can be devoted to the battle.

Also hoping that taking down Mega Lucario requires a team effort, whether or not Pikachu delivers the final blow (I'm hoping not, but we'll see).

Considering how strong Mega Lucario is and how Korrina doesn't appear to have other pokemon with her (going by Calling from Beyond the Aura) it could be 3 vs 1. I just hope in any case it doesn't involve Lucario going berserk again, that's just getting old right now.

Am I the only one who came in here for the battle but became more concerned with ZYGARDE IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER?! What?... o_O

Am I the only one who came in here for the battle but became more concerned with ZYGARDE IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER?! What?... o_O
That's an ad for the TFG (Trading Figure Game), that just happened to be on the anime page.

Oh, ok. Thanks. I was in shock for a second, because I didn't think they'd announce anything about Zygarde so randomly. LOL

Ironically, Lucario is not in her Gym Battle Team in the games, so we might see Lucario, Mienfoo, or one of the two other Pokemon she used in the gym battle

I'll tell you something (and yes, I'm absolutely sure about it), we'll be pretty disappointed after this episode!
Here's why: I loved the Korinna and Lucario mini-arc that just aired in the US because it was so intense and mature and presented Mega Lucario as an absolutely powerful beast hat could only be beat by Mable's and Korinna's grandfather's mega-evolved Pokemon respectively.
Now here's the likely scenario: We have Ash who just has to win this badge (otherwise the show wouldn't work). What will happen? Pikachu, who already had ridiculous defeats against much weaker opponents and whose power level is arbitrarily manipulated by the writers just as they need it, will have a MASSIVE power boost (like in the battle against Tobias' Latios in the Sinnoh League for example) and will then defeat that magnificent, great Mega Lucario...
But DAMN, I don't want Pikachu to defeat Mega Lucario in a way that I just KNOW will be totally cheap!
I've watched the show for many many years by now I can predict pretty reliably what the writers are up to. They present mega-evolved Pokemon as the best thing the world has ever seen but at the same time they toss everything they just said overboard. Sure, I've got no actual proof for what I just claimed but I simply know it...

There are only two possible results that would make that episode great for me:
-Either the battle ends in a tie which would still be disappointing but at least less illogical than Pikachu beating Mega Lucario
-Or we finally get to see something that has never been there before, namely Ash realizing that he just can't beat that gym in the near future without him coming back after a few episodes of so-called training. Ash simply shouldn't get that badge, which would be so frustrating and shocking for that kid that he would finally have to wake up and do some actual training instead of just talking about it every episode...

I know I'm right but I hope I won't be... :confused:

Could someone please translate the summaries? @Dogasu; @捷克羅姆;

vy2mljs.jpg

ZfA4r9e.jpg

L1GEtaS.jpg

Last edited:
"An eager Satoshi jumps head first into the Shara Gym Gym Battle with Corni. Satoshi challenges Corni's Fighting-Type with Luchabre, Hinoyakoma, and Pikachu. Up until now, Pikachu had never won a match against Lucario..."

"Satoshi jumps head first into a Gym Battle even though he doesn't quite have a strategy to counter Corni's pokemon. Can Pikachu defeat Lucario even though it's never won a match against it before!?"

"Satoshi hasn't mastered the "Rhythm Tactic" yet but jumps head first into his Shara Gym Match anyway. Satoshi challenges Corni's Fighting-Type with Luchabre, Hinoyakoma, and his Pikachu who has never won a match against Lucario before. Using these pokemon, Satoshi challenges the Mega Lucario who's learned to control its Aura."

Edit: I've actually realised that I've said pretty much everything Cynthia Queen mentioned... But yeah, I'm actually not looking forward to this episode for basically the same reasons. (First time for this arc)

Last edited:
I just really can't understand why Ash wants to battle Korrina's Lucario with his one and only Pikachu. What an annoying to do, writers :C

I just really can't understand why Ash wants to battle Korrina's Lucario with his one and only Pikachu. What an annoying to do, writers :C

Ehh I just hope it's going to be for just the first 3 gyms, maybe it will lose to Ramos or another gym, and another one of his Pokemon will star.
(NO NEED TO WORRY lololol)

Ehh I just hope it's going to be for just the first 3 gyms, maybe it will lose to Ramos or another gym, and another one of his Pokemon will star.
(NO NEED TO WORRY lololol)
Well exactly when they're going to do it makes my blood goes boil. I just want to see Pikachu get step aside a little bit a let the others do the job

She better hang for a little afterwards. That last shot in Mega Volt it looks like she's coming back.

Didn't you read the summary above you? he's using Hawlucha and Fletchinder as well...

Satoshi is using his other Pokémon in the gym battle. 'The writers' are not the final creative authority on the series, they are freelancers hired by Head Writer Tomioka Atsuhiro to script plots pre-conceived by Tomioka and Series Director Yajima Tetsuo and Chief Series Director Yuyama Kunihiko. The episode director, in this case Tomiyasu Hirotaka, will also have influence to some degree. Only one person is credited as writing Episode #44, Tomioka Atsuhiro, the same man who gave us Satoshi's battles with Shinji.

If you want to be critical you have to know what you are talking about first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom