• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY045: Citron VS Eureka!? A Sibling Battle for Nyaonix!!

Okay...yeah okay. That's all I got.

So first things first. The new intro was awesome. I think its safe to say we're going to be getting a lot more Serena soon. I mean, a bunch of scenes focusing on her, her mom, the Pancham and Aria. Let's just say I'm really excited for the next few episodes.

Okay yeah, I pretty much have no idea what the issue of this episode was. All I got was that Bonnie doesn't like carrots and Clemont doesn't like...peas I think. And Clemont is dumb and thought Bonnie left because she didn't want to eat the carrots. (Really, why?) So, at least we got some interesting facts about these two. I also found it weird how the episode started with one of the brothers already eating with the crew. And I really think the brothers should have have the other's Meowstic. Male Meowstic's trainer seemed much more...I don't know energetic and focused on attacking. While the other one was more calm and his Meowstic even knew Protect. So yeah, I definitely feel they should have been switched. Also the gang must be totally blind if they didn't see Bonnie run off like that.

And lastly, if it wasn't so obvious that Chespin is Oshawott 2.0, we get more of Chespin being Oshawott 2.0. Falling in love, again, and even getting ignored by the love interest. I was surprised that he chose to follow Clemont when he called instead of following Meowstic. Oh yeah and speaking of Meowstic, I was surprised to see that they can make claws from their finger-less hands.

Overall...I REALLY, need to see a dub to see what I think of this one. For now 5/10. Not the worst thing ever, but not particularly interesting as of now.

What a slow-paced episode. It managed to fill 20 minutes only because of how long the pauses between the dialogues were. Even the battle scenes with Exploud were noticeably slow-paced. It also felt to me like, in the end, almost nothing happened. I would need to wait for dub to be sure about it, but it doesn't seem like there was much character development for Clemont or Bonnie, whose conflict was more of a B-plot to the problem with Ryuuji and Hajime.

I was really excited for this episode, because of Meowstic, but it wasn't a really nice episode, kinda boring... :/ I need to watch the dubbed version to enjoy this episode.

The best thing was the updated opening with more focus on Serena and the little Pancham.

Pretty dialogue-heavy so it'll definitely be better with subs, but I still liked it a lot.

From what I could tell the inheritance thing was a test to get the brothers to reconcile, which is what I was expecting.

It seemed very dialogue heavy so I'd have to wait for the dub to really understand what was going on. Though even if I did know what was going on, I have to admit this was a very weak episode in XY. It felt so slow and I was hoping there would've been an actual battle between Clemont and Bonnie. Also can we please not make Chespin Oshawott 2.0 and make him out to be a joke like poor Oshawott was made out to be.

Overall 3/10

This episode was indeed very weak. All the plot points just seemed very empty and irrelevant. Bonnie gets upset at Clemont for being a big brother and "sides" with one the main characters while Clemont passively goes with the other (no one noticed Bonnies explicit leave of absence as well)...Then you have the two COTDs who are competing over what exactly??? Apparently between the two parents, sibling issues can't be solved...the brothers then "fight" an Exploud...which surprise twist belongs to the dad...only for Bonnie and Clemont to awkwardly make up in the end and the two brothers Meowstic to fall in love with each other (incest much?).

Yeah. I'm going to need subs or the dubbed version and even then I don't think it will help this episode. And what a poor way to officially debut one of my favorite Pokemon from Kalos.

The sad thing is, this is the kind of episode that would have benefited from the inclusion of Team Rocket in order to inject some excitement yet they were missing while they turn up during last week's Gym Battle just to be blasted off and waste time.

Some of the worst animation in the entire series was present in this episode. That Exploud battle was seriously Takeda-tier. Bonnie was obnoxious. The general plot of the episode was boring. Shitty ep.

The saddest thing for me, I love Meowstic and IMO, it deserves a lot better than this episode to be focused on. Probably the worst episode of XY series so far.

BTW, about the new intro, we'll be focusing on Serena I guess.

Some of the worst animation in the entire series was present in this episode. That Exploud battle was seriously Takeda-tier. Bonnie was obnoxious. The general plot of the episode was boring. Shitty ep.

It looks to me that the episode was behind schedule.

By-7LrTCAAAGK-l.jpg:large

I don't want to spam this post with three other pictures just for the assistant animation supervisors, so I'll just write the names of the remaining five of seven here: Tatezaki Hiroshi, Takeda Kaoru, Fukushima Toyo'aki, Nakano Yuuki, and Kaneda Eiji. Suffice it to say, if you have seven assistant animation supervisors and that many key animators and second key animators, you probably behind schedule.

Another reason for the stiff animation--other than having weak key animators with no interesting sense of timing--is a lower number of drawings were allowed for the episode.

Aww the grand return of Mama Clemont! Chespin is another Oshawott. One of the boys looks like Harry Potter.

Hey, here's an episode about the two new Kalos cat pokemon! Let's give the talking cat who falls for pretty much every other cat pokemon on the show and his two teammates the episode off!

BRILLIANT

Hey, here's an episode about the two new Kalos cat pokemon! Let's give the talking cat who falls for pretty much every other cat pokemon on the show and his two teammates the episode off!

BRILLIANT

Hopefully they'll still do the traditional "Meowth falls for the regional cat" story later on in XY. The "Meowth falls for Glameow" episode came along very late in Sinnoh, when Glameow was already a well-established species in the anime, so I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom