• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

PREVIEW: XY047: Serena's First Capture!? Yancham VS Fokko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stranded
Reaction score
  • Staff
XY047: Serena's First Capture!? Pancham VS Fennekin!!
Airing Oct. 16.

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Serena getting a Pancham? That would be awesome.

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
We knew about Pancham for a while know, but it's nice to have official confirmation.

Reaction score
Sweet I look forward to this episode, I haven't been looking forward to a lot of episodes, because it's the Pikachu Show, instead of Pokemon, but I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
I can totally see Pancham evolving and becoming the new Charizard/Mamoswine/Dragonite down the road. I am glad Serena is finally catching a Pokémon.

Uninteresting Individual
Reaction score
Yes! I wonder how her Pancham will fit into the Pokemon Performing scene, maybe they'll do some Karate in a performance.

someone in the dark
Reaction score
I can totally see Pancham evolving and becoming the new Charizard/Mamoswine/Dragonite down the road. I am glad Serena is finally catching a Pokémon.
That would require Serena acquiring a third pokemon, specifically a Dark type. Well, assuming the anime stays loyal to the games in terms of how Pancham evolves (I'd hope so, as I'd like to see how that would translate into anime dynamics).

Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! ALL RIGHT ALL RIGHT ALL RIGHT!! VERY EXCITED for this Capture, I'm really pumped here. This will be Awesome, Serena FINALLY Catches a Pokemon, and it's a Pancham, also from that. Picture, OMG!!!!!! Pancham CUTENESS IS HERE!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, Aria is shown, I wonder if she's appearing in the Flesh for real this time or not. Like watch her and Serena Compete to get the Pancham. LOL THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!

Overall REALLY PUMPED for the Episode, I think it will be Exciting and Good :)

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
That would require Serena acquiring a third pokemon, specifically a Dark type. Well, assuming the anime stays loyal to the games in terms of how Pancham evolves (I'd hope so, as I'd like to see how that would translate into anime dynamics).
Right. I could see the anime writers slightly changing Pancham's evolution method, though. Perhaps in the anime it only needs to be in contact with a Dark-type to evolve into Pangoro? It could be an excuse to bring Scraggy or Krookodile back for a brief cameo.

Reaction score
Right. I could see the anime writers slightly changing Pancham's evolution method, though. Perhaps in the anime it only needs to be in contact with a Dark-type to evolve into Pangoro? It could be an excuse to bring Scraggy or Krookodile back for a brief cameo.

Or an excuse to fully evolve Froakie :) :) :)

Glad we'll be getting another addition to the cast soon.

Just call me EC!
Reaction score
Well that's all fine and good, but unless she starts battling once in a while, she could have a team full of 6 and it would mean nothing.

Unregistered User
Reaction score
If she does get it, why did it take 47 episodes...

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
If she does get it, why did it take 47 episodes...
Tomioka was probably not allowed to focus on the character much until now. It's also only now recently that he has begun to personally write episodes himself, so I'm thinking the plan was to wait until he was able to be more fully engaged. He and Series Director Yajima Tetsuo and Chief Series Director Yuyama Kunihiko have other people to answer to, so it might be a case of Yajima and Tomioka having to wait until they have the okay from the higher-ups.

Reaction score
But yeah I Personally think this will be a Good Episode. I wonder what Moves the Pancham will know? Maybe Karate Chop, I just feel like Speculating here. Plus I Hope that Fennekin VS. Pancham will be Good. I also wonder what Convinces Serena to Catch Pancham? Whatever the Reason, I'm Happy about it :)

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
There is one more interesting thing than Serena's catching a Pokemon and doing something, and that is Fennekin winning a battle. [at least for me, it's more interesting]

Pancham is a great choice as for the addition to the group. Pancham looked like they're mischievous in XY011. It would be a challenge for Serena in both ways, personality-wise and trainer-wise. Also if the writers decide to evolve Pancham, we'll get to see Serena catching another Pokemon or Ash's Froakie becoming a Greninja.

Lastly, I hope Pancham wouldn't join the group by choice that's related to Serena's PokePuffs. Pancham in XY011 were eating what they could find. It would be sooo cheezy.

Status
Not open for further replies.