• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY047: Serena's First Capture!? Yancham VS Fokko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pancham has to evolve, I seriously hope it is after Froakie becomes Greninja.

Well Serena's Pancham only evolves if she has a Dark-Type Pokémon on her team, which isn't going to be for a while. That said, it would be interesting if Froakie evolves all the way to Greninja, and Greninja's secondary type starts affecting Pancham's behavior or something despite being on Ash's team.

I hope that Serena really does get Pancham then at that point the teams will be...

Ash: Pikachu, Froakie, Fletchinder, Hawlucha

Serena: Fennekin, Pancham

Clemont/Bonnie: Bunnelby, Chespin, Dedenne

Last edited by a moderator:
If Pancham has to evolve, I seriously hope it is after Froakie becomes Greninja.

Well Serena's Pancham only evolves if she has a Dark-Type Pokémon on her team, which isn't going to be for a while. That said, it would be interesting if Froakie evolves all the way to Greninja, and Greninja's secondary type starts affecting Pancham's behavior or something despite being on Ash's team.

They could change it so that Pancham could evolve if there's a Dark-type nearby/within the group or something. I'm hoping Pancham leads to Froakie evolving into Greninja.

They could change it so that Pancham could evolve if there's a Dark-type nearby/within the group or something. I'm hoping Pancham leads to Froakie evolving into Greninja.

They have to change that.

Because it makes no logical sense in terms of anime (or more realistically than the games) for a Pokemon to only evolve when there is a dark type on the team. The only reason it was like that in the games, is because there wasn't ANY other choice to have dark types interacting with your "Pancham" and have it evolve. Therefore the dark type had to be on your team.

I suppose they could've had Pancham evolve if it fought a dark type, but I think it was probably easier to program the dark type on your team evolution that evolving by battling a dark type.

However in context with the anime, that logic makes no sense. Remember games have technical limitations, the anime is not subject to those same limitations, therefore Ash's hypothetical Greninja SHOULD be enough or possible other dark type interaction SHOULD be enough to evolve Pancham, even James's Inkay could apply here.

But it makes no sense to have a dark type being on Serena's team being the ONLY way Pancham would evolve. Because there are too many logical errors to believe that to be the case. Since you'd have to argue that a Poke ball bonds with its trainer, not just the Pokemon and the Poke ball emits type related pheromones of some kind because that would be the ONLY way Pancham could only evolve with a dark type on Serena's team. Otherwise, James's Inkay or Ash's Hypothetical Greninja, is more than enough, just being near or interacting with a dark type Pokemon should be enough, so long as a dark type Pokemon is involved. Hell, I'll even go so far as even a dark type move would be enough.

Given how the anime has handled evolutions like Magnemite and Beldum, I'm pretty sure Pancham will just evolve naturally once it gains enough experience/evolves to protect its trainer/plot demands for it/etc.

Apart from that, I didn't expect Serena to catch a Pancham for her first Pokemon. Or just a Pancham in general. However that's neat in of itself. Hopefully her Pancham will be full of character and an adept battler at that.

To me, Pancham has one of the more interesting methods of evolution, since the implication is that the Dark type "corrupts" the impressionable young panda. I'd like to see how the anime would handle that, though I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if they choose not to go that route. :p

Still, they did remain loyal to the fairly unusual means by which Shelmet and Karrablast evolve (even if they didn't go into the juicy specifics of Karrablast stealing Shelmet's shell).

PJFaM8Y.jpg

I'm guessing that twig it's holding was supposed to be Fennekin's lunch...

Its hard getting excited for this as Serena's Fennekin is used about as much as Brock's mons, i.e almost not at all. Doubt this panda is gonna get much screentime after its initial episodes and even then, it's only going to be used in these awfully boring Pokemon Performances or whatever they're called, which everything points to is like the appeal round of regular contests (which has been agreed upon many times being the dullest part of the contest arcs). Serena's mons are just a lost cause, sadly.

Its hard getting excited for this as Serena's Fennekin is used about as much as Brock's mons, i.e almost not at all. Doubt this panda is gonna get much screentime after its initial episodes and even then, it's only going to be used in these awfully boring Pokemon Performances or whatever they're called, which everything points to is like the appeal round of regular contests (which has been agreed upon many times being the dullest part of the contest arcs). Serena's mons are just a lost cause, sadly.
You do realize that three episodes after this capture Pancham is getting a focus episode along with Fennekin?

As Serena gets more involved with Tripokalons, she will inevitably get more screentime and focus, meaning that both of her Pokémon will get focus as well. And I wouldn't exclude Serena battling just yet merely because the Tripokalons don't involve battling.

Also, way to judge the Tripokalons before having actually seen them. Real fair.

This episode will mark an year of Pokémon XY. Let's hope for a great episode. I don't want another easy catch, let Serena and Fennekin work for it.

I am almost positive that they will change Pancham's evolution method slightly, like Misty's Politoed.

Do you think that Serena will catch Jigglypuff next? A pretty good Pokemon for her, I'm sure.
I disagree. Jigglypuff would sing with the group and makes everyone is asleep 100% positive and the next thing they will gonna see is the smear all over in it's face and the other pokemon no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom