• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY047: Serena's First Capture!? Yancham VS Fokko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Like how the Writers are Giving Pokemon that the Main Characters Catch some Accessories more Often now :) the Sun Glasses on Pancham ARE BEYOND PRICELESS AND ADORABLE! :)

Staff, get!

Kawada Takenori is storyboarding for Episode Director Asada Yuuji again based on a scenario by Oohashi Yukiyoshi. Iwane Masa'aki is the animation supervisor and likely sole key animator. This is goin' to be good!

Preview
- Aria's Braixen does a performence.
- Pancham steals Clemont's glasses.
- Pancham battles Fennekin.

[video=youtube;ikDs6Ld80Yc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDs6Ld80Yc&list=UUrDj5t8Q9ZFSGft7a3PWl9g[/video]

LOVE THIS PREVIEW!!!!!!! Pancham is looking COOLER and COOLER each time we see him :) I think this will be a Good Episode, and for once it is an Episode on Serena that I'm ACTUALLY looking forward to LOL! It's weird to see Shauna again so soon LOL. Serena Tackling Pumpkaboo looked Cool! I think this has showed the Writers realized that they were doing NOTHING with Serena so they got their Act together. Plus Pancham knows Dark Pulse, one of my Favorite Moves, I'm REALLY HAPPY about that! :) Overall CAN'T WAIT for this Episode next Week :) Preview gets a 10/10

What's that Ice-type move it used? Is it its Hidden Power? o_O

I think this has showed the Writers realized that they were doing NOTHING with Serena so they got their Act together.

The writers didn't "realize" anything. That was their plan from the beginning. I wish people stopped talking as if the anime was some kind of fanfic where they make childish mistakes, read whiny comments and then try to "fix" the errors. :/

Anyway, really excited about this episode. And finally a Dark-type move that actually looks like a Dark-type move, no offense to Crunch. Could the move mean that Pancham may actually evolve at some point?

Well, can't wait for the next week!

Last edited:
What an awesome preview! Can't wait for the episode!! Lots of Serena action (tackling Pumpkaboo!!)! Pancham so adorable in the episode!! Not sure how many times my heart stopped (not literately) from cuteness (cute Pancham - cute Fennekin- & - cute Braixen!! all in the same episode).

Shauna? Surprised to see her. By the way where's Trevor and Tierno? You'd expect them to be with Shauna. Yay! Glassesless Clemont! But this time he isn't sleeping this. Maybe he'll spend the next half glassesless like the pajamas in XY043. It'd be hilarious too, bumping into things.

Last edited:
What's that Ice-type move it used? Is it its Hidden Power? o_O

I think it's rock tomb, it's the only anime animation that fits.

Rock Smash wouldn't make any sense since the last time we saw it they were actually punching the Pokemon. To go from punching to creating pillars is ridiculous anime animation logic.

However if they pillars weren't blue it would look a lot more like Rock Tomb, but I think the blue might just be a new animation to make it stand out more. But it's the only thing that makes any remote sense at this point. Hidden Power wouldn't work since I doubt different element types of hidden power would be drastically different animations, and Serena's Fennekin already has it.

So unless Pancham can learn a new ice type in ORAS I'm pretty sure it is Rock Tomb.

Edit: NO WAIT, never mind, forget I said it, I know realize Grant's Tyrunt and Onix used it. I think I understand what it is. It's Stone Edge. Before the animation was hurling rocks at the opponent but the English description of the move, says that it stabs the target with sharpened stones from below, which means they are actually doing the proper animation of Stone Edge instead of the ranged attack version they did before.

Last edited:
Looks like Iwane Masa'aki will have a higher number of drawings for Episode #47. The preview shows some nice action cuts that can't be re-used as bank animation.

Regardless of what move it is, it's still rather interesting that it seems to know a TM move. Could Pancham be one of Aria's Pokemon that now won't obey her, so she releases it & Serena takes it on?

I'm unsure what the seemingly ice type move Pancham used was, but it definately knows Dark Pulse. Its kinda awesome to see a main character have a Dark type that knows Dark Pulse for once. This episode definately looks like it will be an exciting episode! Development for Serena and a capture at long last! Seems like it will make up for the past two boring fillers.

I think this has showed the Writers realized that they were doing NOTHING with Serena so they got their Act together.

The writers didn't "realize" anything. That was their plan from the beginning. I wish people stopped talking as if the anime was some kind of fanfic where they make childish mistakes, read whiny comments and then try to "fix" the errors. :/

Anyway, really excited about this episode. And finally a Dark-type move that actually looks like a Dark-type move, no offense to Crunch. Could the move mean that Pancham may actually evolve at some point?

Well, can't wait for the next week!

Uhm, Dark Pulse has been around for several sagas now with many characters using it.

Apart from that, I can't wait for this episode! I also think that move was Stone Edge if we match the description (weird why it's coated in blue energy though...). I'm also happy to see Shauna again and Serena showing some Mirror Clemont initiative by tackling Pumpkaboo mid-Dark Pulse.

Uhm, Dark Pulse has been around for several sagas now with many characters using it.

Apart from that, I can't wait for this episode! I also think that move was Stone Edge if we match the description (weird why it's coated in blue energy though...). I'm also happy to see Shauna again and Serena showing some Mirror Clemont initiative by tackling Pumpkaboo mid-Dark Pulse.

My bad, I should have been clearer. What I meant was having a "true" Dark-type move in the main cast. The most we got from Ash and friends was… Bite and Crunch, if I'm not mistaken. So Dark Pulse could mean that Dark-type moves are more "accessible". It would be interesting to see stuff like Snarl, Night Slash, Faint Attack or similar more often (in case of Snarl, a debut of the move).

New pic and summary:

http://i.imgur.com/UVJ7l3y.jpg

Picture 4:
Aspiring to become Kalos Queen, Serena tries her hand on the TriPokalon's Rookie Class. However, during the performance, a Pancham makes its way onto the stage and starts performing on its own, making a mess out of everything. Everyone get angry with it for what it did, but Serena senses Pancham's strong love for performing and starts thinking about how she'd like to perform together with it.

I think I'm starting to understand how this whole system works.

TriPokalon are divided into four classes - Rookie, two intermediate classes, and finally Master. Just like the game contests, a trainer has to win in one class before being able to compete in the next higher class.

Likewise, each theme performance (i.e. trimming) has four class levels, much like how each contest condition (i.e. Beauty) has four Contest ranks. For example, say a Performer wins the Rookie-Class trimming theme performance. She may compete in the next level trimming performance, of which she must win to be eligible to compete in the third class.

When Shauna mentioned that one has to win each individual TriPokalon tournament three times before advancing to the Master Class in XY040, she must mean that you have to win each theme performance in the Rookie and two intermediate classes first. A Performer cannot compete in the Master Class until she wins each theme performance at the first three classes.

Presumably the Master Class tournament incorporates all of the theme performances into one.

Man, Serena will have her hands full; she has to compete in and win at least nine different competitions before she is eligible for the Master Class tournament.

Last edited:
That sounds great, especially if Tomioka writes all of these episodes himself as he did with Haruka and Hikari's Contests.

So...it means that Serena has finally got her goal for now?

I just hope TriPokalons aren't way too much similar to Pokémon Contests. If they end up being way too similar, I hope they at least mention some relation to the Contests so TriPokalons don't give this potential contest-ripoff feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom