• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY047: Serena's First Capture!? Yancham VS Fokko!!

Pumpkaboo's 'Jaws' theme, then it gets blasted by Dark Pulse LOL

Excelent episode. I'd had to wait for a translation to be sure, but from what I can see, Serena's goal is not something she decides on abruptly announcing it or something, but it just comes off naturally along the episode, since she proposed Pancham to perform together first. She did great in this episode. I also liked how they meet up with Shauna only to watch the performance together, as it deviates from the cliche of parting ways from every character only at the end of the episode, and also avoids having a character tagging along when they're not needed for the rest of the episode's plot.

Team Rocket felt genuine here. It's great that they showed the obvious, Jessie would like to perform as well. I wonder if she'll actually do it in the future, and perhaps this time not even under disguise, as she just told Ash and co. about it when stealing Fennekin. Also, have I ever mentioned how much I love Jessie's Pumpkaboo? I know Team Rocket's Pokémon don't get much spotlight as characters in this series, but Pumpkaboo's mischievous/playful personality is really adorable. It isn't the first time we've seen it but it's more noticeable here than ever before.

Clemont looks sexy as hell without glasses. And I love how no one cared about the other stuff Pancham stole and just left them there for the Spinarak to make a nest or something. Also, Wobbuffet.
9ZobJFs.png

Best. Cameo. Ever.

I can see Jessie doing some great performances using Pumpkaboo as a light show (sorry if this is off-topic)

Jessie was always out to take the spotlight herself during those contest appeal rounds, so these performances actually sound like they were made for her.
I really hope she actually becomes a legitimate rival to Serena in her own right here, just as she was to Dawn back in Sinnoh.

Thank goodness Serena's finally going somewhere (although I don't think dragging it out this long has actually brought about any benefit for the character...) Pancham is great, and I hope it can liven up Fokko a bit as well!

This Tripe Colon thing seems strangely familiar... I don't know why they've bothered - why not just reintroduce contests? This just seems to be a vainer version of the appeal round, and call me boring, but it's not Pokemon unless there's a battling element to it! As has been mentioned, clearly the whole shebang suits Musashi best of all. Why create such a paradox?!

Speaking of whom, how nice a contrast is her openly affectionate relationship with Bakeccha? I haven't been watching really for several months so I probably missed this element being gradually introduced over this period, but it's certainly been a lovely surprise.

And speaking of lovely, Citron is simply the best, let's keep him forever :3

I loved this episode! Serena has a goal as a Performer - I can't wait to see her future development :) Pancham was so cute XD So tsundere - so moe!

Citron without glasses was also so funny and cute. I like how they had him constantly squinting - just like how real people do when they lose their glasses. Nice detail there.

The only issue I'm having is that I don't want to see Jessie participating... I think she's done enough for two whole regions of coordinating.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom