• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY048: Citron's Campus of Memories! An Electrifying Reunion!!

I think Luxio's ability might be Guts, since he didn't activate Intimidate or Rivalry.

I think Luxio's ability might be Guts, since he didn't activate Intimidate or Rivalry.

Just throwing this out there, the anime has never been consistent with ability activation. For example, throughout the series how Overgrow and its variations are rarely used despite the vast number of potential times the abilities could have been activated. Another example would be when Ash first battled Clemont. At some point, Static should have been activated (given the amount of time Bunnelby physically assaulted Pikachu).

It's more along the lines of when the situation calls for it. And a standard Team Rocket battle rarely needs abilities present.

Yay Shinx!!!

That's an interesting take on the concept of an electric charging station. Along with probably the first of Bonnie's proposals that looked like the girl blushed just as much as Clemont - in with a chance? I also like how casually Ash steps in front of Serena before battling Luxio in those tunnels - they really like the human shield element in this episode.

I'm very sad for Clemont not getting to deliver that cake - mostly because a scene of a Shinx trying to eat that cake would probably be the only thing to top the cuteness levels in this episode.

Hopefully Luxio means less screen time for Chespin, who is really annoying me of late - odd that Luxio didn't make the opening refresh but Pancham did - unless I missed it?

XY keeps delivering.

Just throwing this out there, the anime has never been consistent with ability activation. For example, throughout the series how Overgrow and its variations are rarely used despite the vast number of potential times the abilities could have been activated. Another example would be when Ash first battled Clemont. At some point, Static should have been activated (given the amount of time Bunnelby physically assaulted Pikachu).

It's more along the lines of when the situation calls for it. And a standard Team Rocket battle rarely needs abilities present.
If you say so, then I hope Luxio's ability is Intimidate or Rivalry, because these abilities are never showed in the anime.

damn that old man... poor Shinx, but at least they're together now. Also, we're probably getting Mega Luxray, there is absolutely no other explanation to this capture. (each and every time the main cast recieved an old pkmn it was for a very specific reason, either to advertise a game or evolve into a new evo)

If you say so, then I hope Luxio's ability is Intimidate or Rivalry, because these abilities are never showed in the anime.

Yes I agree. Maybe they might activate during Ash's Gym Battle with Clemont?

Yes I agree. Maybe they might activate during Ash's Gym Battle with Clemont?
Could be, I hope it is either Intimidate or Rivalry, because it is about time the writers to introduce one of these abilities in the anime.

The Rocket-Dan's nickname for Citron is Jaari-Megane THAT IS JUST PERFECT

Sakuraa said:
What is with Luxio? Is he some sort of self-appointed guardian of the electricity system

Pretty much.

TR both times they were…doing whatever they were doing.

Stealing electricity from the city. If they have enough electricity, they figure, they can accomplish anything.

(it's supposed to be ridiculous)

And did Clemont really never get a chance to go back and see him after that dude called for him?

Citron said that he hurried back to the spot where he was supposed to meet Kolink as soon as the party was finished but by that point the Kolink had left.

Also, that dude was the mayor of the city.

Misty-Moo said:
During its battle with Team Rocket, Meowth translated something Luxio said, which it had obviously learned from Clemont (eg. "The power plant is very important to everyone") & that's why it was defending the power plant.

Not quite. Citron's thesis when he was a student there was a way to make the city a great place for not just Electric-Type pokemon for all pokemon. The Rocket-Dan's attack threatened Citron's dream.

And did Clemont really never get a chance to go back and see him after that dude called for him?

Citron said that he hurried back to the spot where he was supposed to meet Kolink as soon as the party was finished but by that point the Kolink had left.

Also, that dude was the mayor of the city.

Shinx left the place where he was supposed to meet Young Clemont, because he became heartbroken for Clemont's so called "Betrayal" or he felt rejected and thought that Clemont was not his friend anymore, unaware that he just went to the party against his will.

Last edited:
The red ring is used in this episode. But they didn't edit it at all, as well as adding Clemont's title card, Steven's Journal, Bonnie narrating the preview and saying Sit vous plea instead of get Pokemon.

This old man is just a mayor of this town.

I'm glad Luxio joins the team, Clemont is really happy.

Hopefully Luxio means less screen time for Chespin, who is really annoying me of late - odd that Luxio didn't make the opening refresh but Pancham did - unless I missed it?
Usually, the openings are updated the episode after the new capture or evolution, so there's a chance Luxio will appear in the sequence the next episode. Pancham is a different story because it was added to the sequence a couple of episodes before its actual debut, and with its own scene as well.

Ah...... there is something wrong with my mind though... when Luxio close in Clemont face to face, for a split second i thought they are going to kiss <_< ... >_>.... (Luxio just licked his face...)
Well, technically, a lick is the animal/Pokémon equivalent of a kiss...

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom