• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY048: Citron's Campus of Memories! An Electrifying Reunion!!

Great episode! Lots of cute moments! Little Clemont is super cute! Became another one of my favorites. That nasty old man! Aww Clemont crying tears if joy. It's official he's got his daddy's emotional side.

Last edited:
Aww, little Clemont & Shinx were so adorable together - who was that horrid old man who took him away? :conangry:
I love those Electric type (therapy?) booths

The way Clemont took that Shadow ball is like a boss.

Luxio values promises so much..... that makes me shudder... if any of the Pokemons that Ash made promise with is an extremist, Ash should be dead by now.

The capture is well done, the second Luxio emerge from the bush i am so excited.

Ah...... there is something wrong with my mind though... when Luxio close in Clemont face to face, for a split second i thought they are going to kiss <_< ... >_>.... (Luxio just licked his face...)

.... Overall 14/10... 9/10 for episode +5 for Luxio being cute!

Loved the episode so much!
Clemont & Shinx looked so cute together.
The episode had a little of everything I loved! Cute Pokemon! Happy moments, sad moments (I thought I was going to cry a few times), some moments that me mad.

11/10!! [so far my 2nd favorite episode]

In Clemont's flashback, Shinx's back paws were completely black. Does this mean Luxio is male?

EEEEEE!!!! SO MUCH CUTENESS!!!!!! I just can't get over how ADORABLE Clemont and Shinx were!!!! This episode was full of cute moments between Clemont and Shinx/Luxio! You guys have NO IDEA how excited I am to see Luxio on Clemont's team now!!! I love the way they handled the capture even! Luxio basically originally ran away from Clemont and turned down an offer, though the next day he just pop out of the bush, ready to join Clemont! Tons of adorable moments and the fact that Clemont caught Luxio gives this episode a perfect score from me, maybe more!

11/10

In Clemont's flashback, Shinx's back paws were completely black. Does this mean Luxio is male?

I think it is a male! Female have more blue on the back. Luxio is 100% a male! Also I saw Jolteon, Voltorb, Pachirisu and Electrike in the background. This also count their appearances.

Ah, another episode to add to the list of Clemont episodes I've love. (Which would be all of them so far)

First of all, I think it's safe to say that Clemont is a child prodigy. The dude has been making inventions since he was a young child, and they're being utilized in cities! Makes me question now why he can't make an invention that doesn't blow up after 5 secs, but whatever. I'm too amazed to think about it. Also, nice return of the marriage gag. Haven't seen that in a while.

Clemont’s backstory with Shinx was so touching. They were so close that Clemont even made a cake for him. I felt so bad for Shinx when Clemont was called to go with that guy before he could even tell him. And he looked so happy too…ugh. But uh…has Clemont’s voice just not changed in the past however many years, cuz he sounded the same in those flashbacks as he does now. I dunno, I guess I just expected him to sound much younger. Maybe have a bit of a higher pitched voice, but anyhoo…

I loved the scene where Clemont shielded Luxio from the attack and then when Luxio decided to battle with him. I didn’t expect him to lick his face like that either. It was so sweet. That being said, it was pretty anticlimactic to see them just finish off TR and blast them away with just one attack right after that.

And dat ending. I really didn’t expect to see Luxio leave Clemont that night and then return to join him in the morning. The fact that that brought Clemont to tears really shows how close they were. And we finish it off with another great bro moment with Ash. I know I’ve this a million times, but I love their bond.

But there are a few things I still don’t get. What is with Luxio? Is he some sort of self-appointed guardian of the electricity system or something? He seemed to hang out underground where the system box was and went after TR both times they were…doing whatever they were doing. And did Clemont really never get a chance to go back and see him after that dude called for him? Obviously these are things I’ll need the dub or some subs to figure out, but for now, I’ll just leave it be. The episode was great enough anyway and I still give it a 10/10.

Yes, he is, Luxio is 100% male. I dunno why Bulbapedia decided to let his gender unknown....

Yeah that's an edit that should be a given. Clemon't Luxio is clearly a male because in those RIDICULOUSLY ADORABLE flashbacks, Shinx had completely black paws.

Speaking of flashbacks...OMG the event that led to Luxio's bitter feelings towards Clemont made me so sad ;A; Clemont got a cake for Shinx, but that old man just dragged Clemont to his limo and drove him away before he could get to Shinx. He didn't even let Clemont explain a thing. What an asshole :C You sir destroyed an adorable friendship and you should be ashamed of yourself for upsetting a Shinx.

Last edited:
Although XY047 had a lot more build up before the episode, Serena showing some progress etc, this was the episode. The only thing I can criticize is the inconsistency of TRio's power. At one, they're not capable of defeating Serena's inexperienced Fennekin and like this. Still I'm not negative about it. The way how the writers handle TRio should be like this all the time. Not too shabby.

Clemont taking the hit reminded me AG169 where Ash took Seviper's Poison Tail to keep Pikachu safe. Since then, this was the greatest sacrifice. (a lot better than Serena running through in a puddle, for comparison)

Great episode. Possibly top 3 in XY series so far.

Too bad Luxio didn't show Intimidate/Rivalry, so his ability might be Guts, so it is the first time the Main cast has a Pokémon who has a hidden ability. Plus, why did Ash decided to check his Pokédex about Luxio, if he already saw one before? I found that very stupid.

Last edited:
Too bad Luxio didn't show Intimidate/Rivalry, so his ability might be Guts, so it is the first time the Main cast has a Pokémon who has a hidden ability. Plus, why did Ash decided to check his Pokédex about Luxio, if he already saw one before? I found that very stupid.

Don't forget, not every entry is the same. With each scan usually comes a new fact about the scanned Pokemon. Not to mention, Serena and Bonnie were within earshot, so it serves as a way to inform them in addition to the real audiences watching the show (who may not have seen Ash scan one back in DP, years ago).

Don't forget, not every entry is the same. With each scan usually comes a new fact about the scanned Pokemon. Not to mention, Serena and Bonnie were within earshot, so it serves as a way to inform them in addition to the real audiences watching the show (who may not have seen Ash scan one back in DP, years ago).
Make sense.

But there are a few things I still don’t get. What is with Luxio? Is he some sort of self-appointed guardian of the electricity system or something? He seemed to hang out underground where the system box was and went after TR both times they were…doing whatever they were doing.

When Clemont first met Shinx, it was beaten up & wandering around the plant, so it was probably a wild/abandoned Pokemon.
During its battle with Team Rocket, Meowth translated something Luxio said, which it had obviously learned from Clemont (eg. "The power plant is very important to everyone") & that's why it was defending the power plant.

When Clemont first met Shinx, it was beaten up & wandering around the plant, so it was probably a wild/abandoned Pokemon.
During its battle with Team Rocket, Meowth translated something Luxio said, which it had obviously learned from Clemont (eg. "The power plant is very important to everyone") & that's why it was defending the power plant.

Well, I knew it was wild since it was wandering around with no indication of a trainer, but I just didn't get why guarding the plant was so important to him. Thanks for the translation.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom