• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: XY057: Vanipeti Panic! An Ice-Covered Whiteout!!

Moe

Reaction score
It seems ages since a lot of the grass types shown in this episode - like Executor and Victreebel have appeared, though disappointing that they weren't the main focus. Would have been good if those Victreebel got to attack James.

I liked Clemont recalling Chespin and Bonnie at the same time, and that James had the more accurate version of the Nurse Joy outfit.

Other than those minor positives, this episode really dragged for me, very dull.

p96822

Reaction score
This episode was okay but dull

I also like the Bonnie and chespin joke

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
I find it a bit odd that there were zero wild Gen VI pokemon in the city.

Lluksonak

Uninteresting Individual
Reaction score
This episode was ok, but they could have made Ash-tachi be frozen as well, but I was glad that Pikachu wasn't the only one to blast off TRio

BlisseyandtheAquaJets

Mellowed out and ready to earn a good name again.
Reaction score
Geez, there have never been this many Victreebel in the anime...like...ever..

O HAI RAMOS, how are you?

Ramos's Gogoat has a typical sucky anime moveset that MUST include Vine Whip so it can make up for not having arms....

You know, just once can a Pokémon with no functioning arms NOT have a substitute for them via an overused move?

It'll either know Razor Leaf or Take Down as its fourth move, calling it now.

It's Bulba/Sceptilegoat either way unless we get Milk Drink or Horn Leech...

An introduction to Ramos was nice, but can they be at least a little more creative with it's moves?

DAT MEOWTH MECHA...GO GO HOENN RANGERS CONFIRMED?

Overall:7.7/10

Alola

ᵢₙ ₜₕₑ ₙₐₘₑ ₒf ₜₕₑ ₘₒₒₙ...
Reaction score
Geez, there have never been this many Victreebel in the anime...like...ever..

O HAI RAMOS, how are you?

Ramos's Gogoat has a typical sucky anime moveset that MUST include Vine Whip so it can make up for not having arms....

You know, just once can a Pokémon with no functioning arms NOT have a substitute for them via an overused move?

It'll either know Razor Leaf or Take Down as its fourth move, calling it now.

It's Bulba/Sceptilegoat either way unless we get Milk Drink or Horn Leech...

An introduction to Ramos was nice, but can they be at least a little more creative with it's moves?

DAT MEOWTH MECHA...GO GO HOENN RANGERS CONFIRMED?

Overall:7.7/10
Its moves are Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, Leech Seed and Grass Knot. The former two were revealed in that promo weeks ago, while the latter two were revealed in this episode.

BlisseyandtheAquaJets

Mellowed out and ready to earn a good name again.
Reaction score
At least Victreebel isn't only a TRio Pokémon...now we need some bloody WEEZING that aren't James's!

Thank goodness for Sceptile and Torterra and Ash not catching Chespin...or else we'd have more Vine Whip spam for Pokémon with no/weak arms...even though I suspect a lot of supposed Vine Whips are not actually the move, when used as limbs...just organs...can policy be that a vine arm is not Vine Whip unless named as such or explicitly called for for that purpose?