• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY057: Vanipeti Panic! An Ice-Covered Whiteout!!

It seems ages since a lot of the grass types shown in this episode - like Executor and Victreebel have appeared, though disappointing that they weren't the main focus. Would have been good if those Victreebel got to attack James.

I liked Clemont recalling Chespin and Bonnie at the same time, and that James had the more accurate version of the Nurse Joy outfit.

Other than those minor positives, this episode really dragged for me, very dull.

This episode was okay but dull

I also like the Bonnie and chespin joke

This episode was ok, but they could have made Ash-tachi be frozen as well, but I was glad that Pikachu wasn't the only one to blast off TRio

Geez, there have never been this many Victreebel in the anime...like...ever..

O HAI RAMOS, how are you?

Ramos's Gogoat has a typical sucky anime moveset that MUST include Vine Whip so it can make up for not having arms....

You know, just once can a Pokémon with no functioning arms NOT have a substitute for them via an overused move?

It'll either know Razor Leaf or Take Down as its fourth move, calling it now.

It's Bulba/Sceptilegoat either way unless we get Milk Drink or Horn Leech...

An introduction to Ramos was nice, but can they be at least a little more creative with it's moves?

DAT MEOWTH MECHA...GO GO HOENN RANGERS CONFIRMED?

Overall:7.7/10

Geez, there have never been this many Victreebel in the anime...like...ever..

O HAI RAMOS, how are you?

Ramos's Gogoat has a typical sucky anime moveset that MUST include Vine Whip so it can make up for not having arms....

You know, just once can a Pokémon with no functioning arms NOT have a substitute for them via an overused move?

It'll either know Razor Leaf or Take Down as its fourth move, calling it now.

It's Bulba/Sceptilegoat either way unless we get Milk Drink or Horn Leech...

An introduction to Ramos was nice, but can they be at least a little more creative with it's moves?

DAT MEOWTH MECHA...GO GO HOENN RANGERS CONFIRMED?

Overall:7.7/10

Its moves are Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, Leech Seed and Grass Knot. The former two were revealed in that promo weeks ago, while the latter two were revealed in this episode.

At least Victreebel isn't only a TRio Pokémon...now we need some bloody WEEZING that aren't James's!

Thank goodness for Sceptile and Torterra and Ash not catching Chespin...or else we'd have more Vine Whip spam for Pokémon with no/weak arms...even though I suspect a lot of supposed Vine Whips are not actually the move, when used as limbs...just organs...can policy be that a vine arm is not Vine Whip unless named as such or explicitly called for for that purpose?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom