• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY058: Hiyoku Gym Battle! Gekogashira VS Gogoat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Pikachu. There is a possibility he could use Pikachu again folks.

Don't jynx it! We have a chance where Pikachu FINALLY doesn't star in a gym battle!

Isn't it highly likely that he WILL star in the gym battle, though? He usually does. It's usually only the Ground type gyms he doesn't feature, for obvious reasons.

Frogadier is Starring, so I wouldn't worry about it being Pikachu. Sure Pikachu might be used but it's more likely that it would be Hawlucha.

I initially wondered why Ash would use a water type, but now it makes sense. I've used Greninja's Aerobics against Grass types for the Battle Maison, and that generally worked well. Not to mention that type advantages aren't always the ends-all. Ash did manage to land a supereffective Steel Wing against Grant's Tyrunt, and didn't get stoned in the process - pity at that time the then-Fletchling couldn't take a Dragon Tail. Of course now that Ash has a Talonflame against a grass-type leader, he will have to use Talonflame for this.

I initially wondered why Ash would use a water type, but now it makes sense. I've used Greninja's Aerobics against Grass types for the Battle Maison, and that generally worked well. Not to mention that type advantages aren't always the ends-all. Ash did manage to land a supereffective Steel Wing against Grant's Tyrunt, and didn't get stoned in the process - pity at that time the then-Fletchling couldn't take a Dragon Tail. Of course now that Ash has a Talonflame against a grass-type leader, he will have to use Talonflame for this.

Frogadier is using Aerial Ace. And Ash doesn't have a Talonflame, only a Fletchinder

Frogadier is using Aerial Ace. And Ash doesn't have a Talonflame, only a Fletchinder

Sorry, got the names/moves mixed up.

Just as Dawn used Buneary against Maylene because of Bounce.

I wouldn't mind having Pikachu used here, especially if he's used to counter Chlorophyll thanks to his speed and maybe paralysis, but Hawlucha would be better... if he learns a Flying-type attack, since his Fighting-type moves aren't very effective on Weepinbell and Jumpluff and Flying Press does only neutral damage.

A small preview here.

[video=youtube;83nfUeTDJWk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nfUeTDJWk[/video]

Oho, Iwane is the animation supervisor for Episode #58 ? I wonder if he also did Episode #52 or if he is slowing down his output now?

So far it's Hawlucha and Frogadier. What is Ash's third Pokémon?

It shoud be Fletchider and should be easy for it to beat Jumpluff.

Could be Pikachu as well. Dont remeber, is he sitting with Ashs friends when he does not partake in a gym battle. Because in the video preview he was standing next to Ash during the battle.

Well, looks like we've found the shot-end-of-the-stick Gym Leader for this saga...

I'm kind of hoping James makes reference towards his Weepinbell in this episode since Ramos is using one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom