• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY058: Hiyoku Gym Battle! Gekogashira VS Gogoat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Year's Special revealed more information about this battle:

Frogadier's moves are Water Pulse, Double Team, Cut, and Aerial Ace.

Gogoat's moves are Vine Whip and Razor Leaf. Gogoat is able to control the latter move very well.

Since we now know for sure that Pikachu will be in Ash's Clemont challenge team, this will be the only chance we'll have for a while to see some gym spotlight for Ash's other Pokémon.

Goomy is supposed to appear this episode. Will it be watching on the sidelines like Froakie did last time, or will it make its Gym debut here?

Fletchinder is most likely Ash's third Pokémon. Fletchinder is a Fire- and Flying- type Pokémon; I doubt Ash will pass up the opportunity to use it in the grass gym.

I hope Fletchinder Doesn't make a blunder for a fourth time

Dear god PLEASE don't be Pikachu. He's starred in EVERY Kalos gym so far. Fletchinder has a HUGE type advantage here. Ash would be stupid not to use Fletchinder.

He starred in every Johto gym too, and I don't recall anyone complaining about that. Just saying.

Guys... A Jumpluff and Weepinbell are gonna be in the anime after so long of never really battling... I'm like crying because its so amazing ;_;

Dear god PLEASE don't be Pikachu. He's starred in EVERY Kalos gym so far. Fletchinder has a HUGE type advantage here. Ash would be stupid not to use Fletchinder.

He starred in every Johto gym too, and I don't recall anyone complaining about that. Just saying.

Violet Gym: Charizard
Azalea Gym: Cyndaquil
Goldenrod Gym: Pikachu (help from Cyndaquil and Totodile)
Ecruteak Gym: Noctowl
Cianwood Gym: Bayleef
Olivine Gym: Cyndaquil
Magohany Gym: Pikachu
Blackthorn Gym: Charizard

I'm not one of those annoying people very common in here and Serebii that bash Pikachu for no reason since he's one of my fave mons and I have no problem with him starring at the XY gyms since Hawlucha, Fletchinder, Frogadier got gym wins as well. :) but it's not good to spread misinformation and lies, yes Pika battled in every Johto gym as far as I recall but he didn't star in all of them like you said...

I'm not one of those annoying people very common in here and Serebii that bash Pikachu for no reason since he's one of my fave mons and I have no problem with him starring at the XY gyms since Hawlucha, Fletchinder, Frogadier got gym wins as well. :) but it's not good to spread misinformation and lies, yes Pika battled in every Johto gym as far as I recall but he didn't star in all of them like you said...

By "star," I believe CrashBash and Kai are referring to the fact that Pikachu was used in every Gym Battle in Johto (and Kalos) so far. Thus, they aren't referring to Pikachu being the one to deal the finishing blow, but just the fact that where another Pokemon could have been used, Pikachu took their spot instead.

Pikachu really shouldn't participate in this Gym. His electrical attacks will be ineffective (except on Jumpluff), and he has no super effective attacks for the Grass type. We just want to see Ash's other Pokemon shine too, thus the final spot should be Fletchinder (If not for the fact that it has a double type advantage on Grass types).

By "star," I believe CrashBash and Kai are referring to the fact that Pikachu was used in every Gym Battle in Johto (and Kalos) so far. Thus, they aren't referring to Pikachu being the one to deal the finishing blow, but just the fact that where another Pokemon could have been used, Pikachu took their spot instead.

Pikachu really shouldn't participate in this Gym. His electrical attacks will be ineffective (except on Jumpluff), and he has no super effective attacks for the Grass type. We just want to see Ash's other Pokemon shine too, thus the final spot should be Fletchinder (If not for the fact that it has a double type advantage on Grass types).

Pikachu actually has dealt the final blows for all the Kalos gym battles so far. To Viola's Vivillon, Grant's Tyrunt, and Korrina's Mega Lucario. Hopefully he won't for Ramos's Gogoat and that defeat will go to someone like Frogadier or Fletchinder.

but it's not good to spread misinformation and lies, yes Pika battled in every Johto gym as far as I recall but he didn't star in all of them like you said...

Why are you claiming I'm spreading misinformation when you outright ADMITTED what I said about Pikachu being in every Johto gym was true?

In his post he said "He starred in every Johto gym too" the correct word should be "participate" or "battled" in those gyms since the word starring mean it dealt the final blow or at least that's what I've seen on this forum but ok I really have no problem with Pikachu battling and I agree it should sit out of this gym with Fletchinder, Hawlucha and Frogadier taking the spots.

I think going by the year end preview it's basically confirmed the final match will be Frogadier vs Gogoat (skip to 3:15) so I don't see the point in making such a fuss. Everytime a gym battle comes it's always the same old boring complaining/rants about Pikachu, it's kinda annoying...

[video=youtube;RBC3aNtgGhg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBC3aNtgGhg[/video]

In his post he said "He starred in every Johto gym too" the correct word should be "participate" or "battled" in those gyms since the world starring mean it dealt the final blow or at least that's what I've seen on this forum but ok I really have no problem with Pikachu battling and I agree it should sit out of this gym with Fletchinder, Hawlucha and Frogadie taking the spots.

Well, nobody said "starred" meant dealt the finishing blow. As far as I'm concerned, competed is still starring.

In his post he said "He starred in every Johto gym too" the correct word should be "participate" or "battled" in those gyms since the world starring mean it dealt the final blow or at least that's what I've seen on this forum but ok I really have no problem with Pikachu battling and I agree it should sit out of this gym with Fletchinder, Hawlucha and Frogadie taking the spots.

Well, nobody said "starred" meant dealt the finishing blow. As far as I'm concerned, competed is still starring.

(1) Starring is an adjective that's used when someone's at the center of things.

To me that's the meaning of being a star or starring in something and Pikachu wasn't the star in 6 of 8 Johto gyms, Pikachu also battled in 7 Hoenn gyms and starred in 4 (even more than Johto) you have another meaning which is fine, hopefully there won't be a waterfall of Pikachu rants like with every gym that's revealed :dead: knowing that Frogadier will be the star.

Finally a preview with sound :banana:

[video=youtube;_EZOBNN1b7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EZOBNN1b7s[/video]

Goomy might have sap sipper.....

That might be very very interesting......

Unfortunately, im probably dreaming too much.

Speaking of Ash's Goomy, strangely the XY058 page on Bulbapedia states that it will be in this episode.

Where was this confirmed?

When Frogaider is launching its Water Pulse at Gogoat, you can see Goomy in Bonnie's arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom