• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY059: Satoshi and Serena's First Date!? The Tree of Promises and the Presents!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is the only Pokémon that doesn't really have a strong reason to appear is Pumpkaboo, as Inkay is confirmed.

How is that not a strong reason? If Inkay is going to appear, there's a pretty good chance Pumpkaboo will appear alongside it if TRio attacks Clemont/Bonnie/the Pokémon.
What I mean is that out of all Pokémon owned by the main characters, Pumpkaboo is the one with less chances of appearing. Sometimes Jessie uses Wobbuffet only, sometimes they just use Inkay... It's still pretty likely it'll appear, but it has a little less participation than Inkay in the Rocket schemes, I believe.

I can't say that the preview surprised me much, although the fact that Serena tried grabbing Ash's hand made me yelp. She's being so sneaky and I love it. :p

I'm definitely looking forward to this episode. The preview looked awesome and I loved when Serena tried to grab Ash's hand, it was hilarious. Also Ash possibly buying Serena a gift is a big surprise. I loved Serena's reaction to it.

I wonder what Ash got Serena...The suspense is killing me! Lol

I'm curious as to what the last scene in the preview was about. When Ash was running as the sun sets and then he stops and turns his hat around. Maybe he is about to go after Team Rocket? I'm not sure.

I'm curious as to what the last scene in the preview was about. When Ash was running as the sun sets and then he stops and turns his hat around. Maybe he is about to go after Team Rocket?

I wouldn't at all deem it inconceivable that Team Rocket would try to pull of some sort of present heist and make off with Ash and Serena's purchases, leading Ash to pursue them and then battle them to get it back. If Team Rocket's focus is Ash and Serena, that would then mean that Clemont and Bonnie would be left entirely to their own devices, not that Bonnie and Clemont need to have Team Rocket appear to make their portion interesting. If anything, Ash and Serena's portion would probably benefit more from a TR battle, simply to add a change of pace to what I image will be a rather meandering series of interactions and shopping.

A standard Team Rocket plot like that would leave me a little disappointed though. Seeing Jessie bonding with her own Pokémon at the ceremony before her performance in the following episode would have been a bit more significant in my opinion.

My thoughts after seeing newest preview:

I knew that Serena is clearly heated about Ash from moment writers decided to rewrite pokemon history taking what i view personally as cliched route of this two knowing themselves from childhood days. Being first female Ash knew beyond formal introduction instead of Misty like canon portrayed to be case until XY(well they retconned history with Mewtwo being only one of its kind sadly, so i guess its no problem rewriting other things as well).

But after seeing preview to think Serena would have such crave and rowdindess for Ash to the point of trying to hold him by hand, deluding herself in interpretating going out for pokemon presents completely alone as "real date"(like shes having boyfriend) and blushing like red peper brought whole new dimension to her feeings.

Wrapped with ot of excitement and staring toward wedding dress in shopwindow likes shes planning already future.

Is further confirmation in my eyes that large part of her character is consumed by crush she holds toward Ash playing big role in giving her required strength and decisiveness to go out on journey and escape from Ryhorn racing she disliked so much.

Which depending on how you interpretate it may be both good or bad thing.

I cannot recall even Misty being this impertinent in her love feelings toward Ash, and she definitely as much as trying to hide it gave herself away in front of quite a few people of having conflict inside her. Growing to care deeply for main protagonist but having truble iun expressing her emotions.

So im at one hand both surprised and intrugued in writers deciding to push shipping with Serena this hard and in rather rushed way not happening gradually. And what induced creative team to start promoting romance heavily in this anime again.
In advance i feel sorry for supporters of other Ash pairings because this news surely depressed some of them based on what i saw on some sites.

Either way i presume yellow box Ash will give to Serena and she giving Ash other box under Vow tree is exchange of presents they bought for other friend pokemon. Keeping it as surprise until very end judging by surprise Serena showed during preview not expecting this gesture.

Aside from that logically they would also promise to each other at end of festival and under tree to do their best in becoming pokemon master and Kalos queen, supporting themselves on jouirney and not backing down to challenge as hard as hey may be.

Part of that belief of mine comes from fact of Serena debut in pokemon performance happening right after this episode.

Get TV Preview
- The townspeople of Coumarine are decorating the town with lights and are buying presents.
- Hawlucha shows off some poses.
- Ash sees a big brown cat head and I think he wants to get it as a present.
- We hear what Serena is thinking as she tries to hold Ash's hand.
- The groups Pokemon watch the Vow Tree light up.

[video=youtube;esUUn8Jy72k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esUUn8Jy72k[/video]

I wouldn't at all deem it inconceivable that Team Rocket would try to pull of some sort of present heist and make off with Ash and Serena's purchases, leading Ash to pursue them and then battle them to get it back. If Team Rocket's focus is Ash and Serena, that would then mean that Clemont and Bonnie would be left entirely to their own devices, not that Bonnie and Clemont need to have Team Rocket appear to make their portion interesting. If anything, Ash and Serena's portion would probably benefit more from a TR battle, simply to add a change of pace to what I image will be a rather meandering series of interactions and shopping.
But how could Ash and Serena battle Team Rocket if they don't have any Pokémon with them at the moment? And how would Team Rocket benefit from stealing some presents? My take is that Team Rocket will go after the Pokémon since Ash and Serena aren't there, underestimating Clemont (and perhaps Bonnie's) battling skills.

I kind of like Pancham's new glasses and Fennekin's bow that Serena got for them. Also, it turns out that Ramos is the one who tells Ash and co. about the upcoming festival.

I didn't even notice Pancham's new glasses. They look so similar to the usual pair.

I'm REALLY DIGGIN' the New Sun Glasses on Pancham! Look REALLY GOOD!! :)

So, for the benefit of those of us who aren't multi-lingual, would anyone care to translate what she thinks?

I like Fennekin's bow; hopefully she wears it for more than just this episode. Maybe in performances.

Pancham's glasses on the other hand...not to big on those in particular, but I wouldn't mind if he wore different pairs from time to time.

Now I really want to know what they got the other Pokemon.

So, for the benefit of those of us who aren't multi-lingual, would anyone care to translate what she thinks?

I'm gonna guess it's something like:
"Hornyhornyhornyhornyhornyhorny"

I was hoping for an answer from someone who actually understands Japanese.

I'm pretty sure "daato" means date? So I think she's saying "Satoshi and I are alone... Is...is this a date?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom