• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY059: Satoshi and Serena's First Date!? The Tree of Promises and the Presents!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Title: Ash and Serena's First Date! The Oath Tree and the Present!!
Airs: February 5th.
7KiHPXS.jpg

Could someone please translate this? @Dogasu; @捷克羅姆; @G50;

Here is a placeholder translation of the summary.

In order to find a present for the Pokémon, Ash and Serena go shopping all by themselves.

Last edited:
Re: XY059: Ash and Serena's First Date!

Alternative title: Serena's wet dream

I predict awkwardness. Lots of it.

Re: XY059: Ash and Serena's First Date!

Taking bets as to what will happen first: Serena realizing that he's not worth it, or her instead having her heart broken because his love for Pikachu is stronger.

Re: XY059: Satoshi and Serena's First Date!? The Oath Tree and the Present!!

Looking forward to seeing what will come of this episode - it will either be good for character development (of BOTH Satoshi and Serena) no matter the outcome, or a complete car crash of an awkward episode. Or both.

Was an amorous relationship between two characters even handled in the anime?

Either way, let the shippingflamewars begin! :X

Last edited:

I wonder how long it will take to reach third base ;).

I am really looking forward to this episode. They're going shopping together :3

Found this on Serebii.
In order to find a present for the Pokémon, Ash and Serena go shopping all by themselves.

This is Bait, it's an AmourShipping Episode LOL, seems like it wil be Interesting, wonder how Ash is going to feel since FOR YEARS NOW he has been COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS to Love LOL! Well the Writers have Given all AmourShippers a Bone so they can all Knaw at it for now. Overall, this could be Good and Funny, I want to see how Ash is going to feel in the Whole Episode LOL?

Hopefully everyone realizes Ash will obviously not be aware that this is a "date". I guess Serena will just think "it feels like we're on a date" due to spending some alone time with Ash. Or maybe she'll actually say it and Ash will be all like "what is a date? anyway, that was fun! we should do that again together with Clemont and Bonnie"

Well that line describing the plot explains everything - Serena will blush a few times about getting her chance to be going somewhere alone with Ash, while Ash will be focused on all the nice things he can get for Pikachu and the other Pokemon.

I suppose shopping might open up the chance that Serena would get Ash to help her pick out an outfit for her contest debut the next episode, but I doubt anything justifying the title will happen.

I predict this will tease everyone with shipping but won't come close to any expectations. The title is bait.

What is this episode supposed to be about? There is only so much that can be done with just Ash and Serena shopping. It sounds like a scene that fits into one minute rather than a full episode.

Well, who knows? Maybe we could be in for a surprise. It's the first time they ever showed Ash on a 'date' with a girl, even though it's just shopping. There would be plenty of shipping hints.

What is this episode supposed to be about? There is only so much that can be done with just Ash and Serena shopping. It sounds like a scene that fits into one minute rather than a full episode.

Never underestimate the time one can spend shopping.

The line ''What's a date?'' is what Prince Edward from the 2007 Disney film ''Enchanted'' said, am I right?

I call for misleading title and just some little hints from Serena. It ain't shipping it's shopping.

Never underestimate the time one can spend shopping.

Also, Never underestimate the length of Team Rocket's plot.

I think that Bonnie's going to do some work behind the scenes, setting everything up to turn their little shopping trip to turn into a date between Ash and Serena. Either that, or Brock is revealed to come back and be the one behind the scenes instead of Bonnie. Or Brock and Bonnie work together, and the episode after this one involves Bonnie trying to help Brock get a date.

Looks like a tease for the Amourshippers. Which likely won't go anywhere.

I agree, it's probably bait-and-switch. I doubt that much will come of it, although that would be sweet. But you never know, so let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom