• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY059: Satoshi and Serena's First Date!? The Tree of Promises and the Presents!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet every shippers from previous genration will go rage with this episode.
Title's may misleading, but hey, it's enough to make them jealous :D

I was excited for a moment thinking it was actually a date. I would at least hope it's cute.

Can't wait for this episode! I just bought a one way ticket!

I think the episode sounds adorable. I doubt that it will be a "real date," but I think it will be fun to see Ash and Serena try to pick out the perfect presents for their pokemon. There will probably be a lot of cute moments. Overall, it sounds really fun!

The episodes name is soooooooooooooo seducing to say the least. A true tease for shippers and a huge slap for past gen shippers.

Well this will either be great or an awkward episode. I hope the episode and the title meet eye to eye.

It would be a shame if it's just Selena blushing a few times in the episode and Ash completey oblivious again.

If you are going to tease with a episode like this make it worth while to actually watch.

It would be great is Ash actually noticed her romantic affection towards him in the episode. That alone would make the episode worth watching.

Last edited:
Re: XY059: Satoshi and Serena's First Date!? The Oath Tree and the Present!!

HumanDawn said:
I wonder how long it will take to reach third base ;).

I would very much prefer not to see a ten year old get to third base, thankyouverymuch.

Last edited:

HumanDawn said:

I would very much prefer not to see a ten year old get to third base, thankyouverymuch.

I don't even consider him to be ten years old anymore.

He behaves much older then that. He looks like a 14-15 year old to me.

One day the writers will age him officially. I wish.

HumanDawn said:

Uuhh... But 15 year old and third base are still... Oh, nevermind...

In my opinion, even if Ash aged (or matured or whatever), he would act exactly the same about romance and stuff. He's just not meant for it. I do hope, however, that this turns out to be a cute episode anyway, without making Ash look like an oblivious jerk, or Serena look like she doesn't think about anything besides getting into Ash's... hypothalamus. Yeah...

The show can't even be Japanese, why the Hell would we get any action in it? Heck, we don't even get big boobs! ~_~

As far as most kids shows, the main male protags will always be as asexual as they come. Ash is like Luffy from One Piece: His only love is adventure! Serena might confess in the end, but she'll definitely be turned down and off Ash goes to Gen7 land. Serena will come to accept it of course.

I will say I'm behind 10 episodes, so unless he started slowly turning into an older Naruto (capable of falling in love, wow!) recently, I doubt you'll see anything from Ash that isn't platonic. Maybe that's not a fair comparison since Naruto is for older boys and the Pokemon cartoon is for young kids.

HumanDawn said:

In my opinion, even if Ash aged (or matured or whatever), he would act exactly the same about romance and stuff. He's just not meant for it. I do hope, however, that this turns out to be a cute episode anyway, without making Ash look like an oblivious jerk, or Serena look like she doesn't think about anything besides getting into Ash's... hypothalamus. Yeah...
Well nothing like that still. Lol.

Just for him to have a GF. I never saw anyone in real life or fictional be so oblivious to romantic feelings.

HumanDawn said:

Well nothing like that still. Lol.

Just for him to have a GF. I never saw anyone in real life or fictional be so oblivious to romantic feelings.

Just as a matter of interest, people like that do exist. It's called being aromantic, being innately uninterested in romantic relationships, in short

As far as most kids shows, the main male protags will always be as asexual as they come. Ash is like Luffy from One Piece: His only love is adventure! Serena might confess in the end, but she'll definitely be turned down and off Ash goes to Gen7 land. Serena will come to accept it of course.

I will say I'm behind 10 episodes, so unless he started slowly turning into an older Naruto (capable of falling in love, wow!) recently, I doubt you'll see anything from Ash that isn't platonic. Maybe that's not a fair comparison since Naruto is for older boys and the Pokemon cartoon is for young kids.

Naruto had a crush on Sakura before the first episode of 'Naruto'. It is very likely he had feelings for her around the age of ten or less. Young kids are perfectly capable of developing affections for each other. Though I agree that with the target audience being young children, even if Ash and Serena do get somewhere with their relationship, it's likely to remain platonic.

As for this episode, it should be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see all the tease for the shippers in this episode.

I never saw anyone in real life or fictional be so oblivious to romantic feelings.
Ohohoho... believe me, it's completely possible. Except for Ash being less oblivious in a couple of season 1 episodes, his obliviousness isn't unrealistic. There's people in real life who can take up to 9 years to notice that a girl used to had a crush on them. Not that... that ever happened to me or something...

I hope, this'll be the episode where AmourShipping will be done for good in XY saga.

I haven't watched the anime series in weeks. I ship this couple so I'm excited to watch this episode. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Whole title in this episode can be interpretated for many as icing on the cake of humongously popular idea of Ash and Serena becoming couple ever since she was put in Ash childhood by retconing pokemon past(due to said female character not existing until XY games).

Im not expecting pokemon suddenly becoming shojo novel, either i dont believe pokemon anime contains enough complex development, continuity and profound story to go somewhere with romance in end. Through which Serena and Ash could significantly develop in emotional sense introspecting their feelings and hidden thoughts through growth of relationship.
Especially when Serena days are much to some dismay or joy outnumbered existing high chance to be dumped by end of generation with any started work ending unfinished if her predecessors are something to go by.

But i still find it intriguing how this is officially very first episode title in history of pokemon series containing word date in title(well there were episodes named "Date Expectations!" , "A Date with Delcatty!" but it were dub names).

New director for pokemon series certainly likes to experiment.

So far only thing known about it is how Ash and Serena will go alone together to buy presents for pokemon shopping and visiting malls. With vow tree added in whole picture.
Being too early to tell in what direction whole plot will go.

But i imagine it could be one of those episodes where they will go out as friends making each other company with oher people coming to assumption how boy and girl alone visiting stores are dating couple.

Leaving Ash as usual bewildered and confused, while Serena possibly elated blushing and fantasizing how "great" it would be if this was reality).
Because girl certainly doesnt hide fact of having crush on Ash, with such blatant and obvious implications and hints not happening ever since Misty and her romantic feelings for Ash.

Clearing up in end how they arent dating nor being couple just going out as friends like Brock accompanied May for example when going on shopping streak. Speaking of vow tree maybe Ash and Serena will make pact under it to do their best in accomplishing dreams of beoming Kalos Queen and Pokemon master, doing their bestr as they support and encourage themselves on journey.

Which would make sense serving as follow up to conversation Ash and Serena had in Summer Camp about finding direction in life you want to follow. With supposed vow happening one episode right before Serena very first entrasnce in Tripokalon, so take it how you want but conversation about goals seems like most plausible idea imo.

Now personally im not much interested in shipping, but admittedly im still intrigued to find out what will come out of this episode?
Unfortunately title does not help to calm down supporters of other Ash shippings, especially never regretted by many pokeshipping making them possibly upset and sad. So from my part out of respect knowing how passionate and emotionally invested we as individuals can be, i can understand if some are disappointed.

I can see this episode ending up as one giant tease. Which will infuriate Amour shippers everywhere causing a world wide protest.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a huge amount of additional information on the episode, but it seems like this is the ideal place to post it.

Release.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, the entry regarding this episode reads, "Coumarine City celebrates a festival once a year. On this day, the tradition is that people give their Pokémon presents below a giant tree called the 'Vow Tree' to strengthen their mutual bonds. Hearing this, Satoshi and Serena go just the two of them together to buy presents they can give the Pokémon."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom