• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY060: Aim to be the Kalos Queen! Serena Makes Her Debut!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think her redesign will be all that bad imo. From the blurry screenshots I've seen of it, it looks fine to me.
I have a feeling that she may flop here though, but hopefully she's not knocked out right away.

The characters always fall at the first fence, then succeed through hard work & dedication, reinforcing one of the main themes of the whole show

The characters always fall at the first fence, then succeed through hard work & dedication, reinforcing one of the main themes of the whole show

Other than the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier, when do the main characters win anything? That's not succeeding in anime terms after almost 20 years.

Last edited:

Other than the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier, when do the main characters win anything?
I'm talking about badges & ribbons - they never just breeze straight in & win, they always have to work for them.

Other than the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier, when do the main characters win anything?
I'm talking about badges & ribbons - they never just breeze straight in & win, they always have to work for them.

Guys, let's redirect the discussion back to the preview/speculation about the episode itself please, this isn't the place to break down the anime as a series.

Then the tournaments end up being letdowns.
Yes, but if the characters ever became champions of their chosen field, the anime would end as it would have nowhere to go - the "journey" would be over.

Edit - oops, sorry^

Yes, but if the characters ever became champions of their chosen field, the anime would end as it would have nowhere to go - the "journey" would be over.

Bring in new characters. I just needed to end this last thread. In any case, the episode's going to end up as one big mess, I can feel it.

Tomioka Atsuhiro is writing this episode. Tomiyasu Daiki (Episode #44 ) is directing and storyboarding. This should be a good episode.

It's not necessary, that much is true, but if the games feature customization it only makes sense if they bring that into the anime too.

I hope it ends up looking good. But even if it doesn't...eh, I'll get used to it.

The anime shouldn't be a walking ad for the games. People will buy them even without the anime. In addition, from what I could tell so far, the design doesn't look good. Especially since the original is pretty much perfect.

The animated series have always been advertisements for the video games. It's the only reason they exist.

Pokemon had done deep dark content before. It's up to the writers if they do it or not.

Then the writers are idiots for this.

Why the heck would you think 'the writers' (a bunch of freelancers) be responsible for this? Their job is to take storyline points developed by the series director and head writer (which are written within stringent guidelines set by their superiors) and turn them into scripts.

Last edited:
Tomioka Atsuhiro is writing this episode. Tomiyasu Daiki (Episode #44 ) is directing and storyboarding. This should be a good episode.

The animated series have always been advertisements for the video games. It's the only reason they exist.

Why the heck would you think 'the writers' (a bunch of freelancers) be responsible for this? Their job is to take storyline points developed by the series director and head writer (which are written within stringent guidelines set by their superiors) and turn them into scripts.

In order: Should be good: I won't be the only one with complaints after this airs, mark my words. That's why it won't be good.
Advertisement: This kind of thinking needs to stop. Telling a story is what a TV series is meant to do.
Superiors: The superiors are the idiots, then.

In order: Should be good: I won't be the only one with complaints after this airs, mark my words. That's why it won't be good.
Of course you won't be the only one with complaints, there will always be complaints no matter how well-written something is.

The important thing is that majority are looking forward to her new design.

Advertisement: This kind of thinking needs to stop. Telling a story is what a TV series is meant to do.
Which is exactly what Pokemon anime is doing. In this case, stories of multiple characters.

Why all the insults?

First of all, only idiots call other people idiots, so please watch yourself.

Second of all, in order to say that the episode "won't be good" requires you to have seen it. Please, tell me, how did you come across this episode that hasn't aired yet? Please share with us everything that happens, in spoiler tabs of course.

Unless you CAN'T do this because you haven't watched the episode and therefore do not have the right to call it stupid and pointless without seeing it.

Every commercial art exists to be...well, commercial. Japanese cartoons and series exist to sell something else, whether it is an original light novel (Sword Art Online), comic (One Piece), or video game (Fate/Zero) or toys (Super Sentai and Kamen Rider). God knows Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED existed to sell model kits and TM Revolution CDs. It's responsible business-making.

'Sides, using the customization feature in the animated series would spice up the story and perhaps even inspire the regular key animators. Let's bring in gyaru Serena!

I don't know why I bother with this. Hardly anyone agrees with me that the change is bad and no one will hear me out on anything else. Granted, I've derailed a few times and not everything I say has a valid defense, but I feel terrible just thinking about this and being in the minority. Worst case, I'm the only one who'd fight back if given the chance. I'm never going to agree with the rest of you, though. I'm not like you. I know a good thing when I see it.

I don't know why I bother with this. Hardly anyone agrees with me that the change is bad and no one will hear me out on anything else. Granted, I've derailed a few times and not everything I say has a valid defense, but I feel terrible just thinking about this and being in the minority. Worst case, I'm the only one who'd fight back if given the chance. I'm never going to agree with the rest of you, though. I'm not like you. I know a good thing when I see it.
Maybe if you give proper arguments then people will at least respect your opinion. Calling the writers "idiots" won't help too.

At least you've given up on the anime, too, pokepal213. As soon as that happens, it does relieve things a bit. Unfortunately, I'm ruled by emotions and the fact that I've been suffering from depression, so that doesn't help when I'm trying to make coherent arguments. Those aren't excuses, I know, but that's how I do things. I also have no regrets about calling the writers idiots because they are of sound mind and making what I believe are poor decisions. Honestly, I guess I can only respect people who agree with me. I know that's bad, but I don't like changing my mind unless absolutely necessary, and I know that's not the case here.

At least you've given up on the anime, too, pokepal213. As soon as that happens, it does relieve things a bit. Unfortunately, I'm ruled by emotions and the fact that I've been suffering from depression, so that doesn't help when I'm trying to make coherent arguments. Those aren't excuses, I know, but that's how I do things. I also have no regrets about calling the writers idiots because they are of sound mind and making what I believe are poor decisions. Honestly, I guess I can only respect people who agree with me. I know that's bad, but I don't like changing my mind unless absolutely necessary, and I know that's not the case here.

The internet is not the place to come to have one's opinion parroted back at one's self, especially when one's opinion ignores facts or deems them inconsequential for undefended reasons.

I guess I just don't have any defense other than I don't like the redesign. Short hair just doesn't suit Serena. Is that better?

Hmm, well this is an episode discussion thread right? Regarding theories on the episode wasn't against the rule right? Just asking. (Edit: Checked the rules, yeap its OK, only no capture speculations)

Anyone have a theory on how Serena lost this Tripokalon? Atleast just by your imagination how will she lose and how badly will it be? (Well, we aren't sure she lost but still..)

For me, I believe that she failed to perform at all, most likely due to the poor coordination between her and Pancham and Fennekin. Knocking into each other a few times through out the performance. And ultimately end up in Fennekin and Pancham having a brawl on stage.

I think the Old Lady might have realized how ambitious Serena's performance was, just that it failed. She will be a supporter of Serena in this series i think.

She realizes that its not just her Pokemon's mistakes, she made mistakes as well. She felt that she let down all her supporters, but later picked up enough determination to go for a transformation, into a new Serena.

Atleast thats how i hoped this episode will be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom