1. As Bulbagarden aims to be a safe place for everyone, please take your time to read a note on harrassment on Bulbagarden.
  2. Bring your favorite pen to write your shipper heart out for Shippers' Paradise's first Short Story and Poetry Competition! Find the rules and further information in this thread
  3. Maniacal Engineer stopped being lazy and finally made a third episode of Bulbacast BTS. You can watch it right here.

PREVIEW: XY062: Protect the Future of Science! The Electric Labyrinth!!

Discussion in 'Episodes Previews/Reviews Archive' started by Playerking, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Playerking

Playerking Not-well known member.

Blog Posts:
    Title: Protect the future of Science! The Electric Labyrinth!!
    Airs: 26th of February.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. Misty-Moo

Misty-Moo I give up

Blog Posts:
    Oooh, possesed Electric types - spooky :scared:

3. Grabbergirl

Grabbergirl New Member

Blog Posts:
    I think Colress is in Kalos or some other evil relative of Clemont's or Team Flare

4. Gabo2oo

Gabo2oo Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Wow. Pikachu being mind controlled. How original. Well, at least this one seems to affect only Electric-type Pokémon so there's that mystery to solve, and perhaps even a hint of Team Flare, because this doesn't seem like something Team Rocket would do. Also, the title gives away that the episode is focused on Clemont, so that's an advantage as well.

5. R!ck

R!ck Member

Blog Posts:
    Power plant? Team Flare maybe? it's good it's not only Pikachu mind controlled but all electric types on the cast and wild.

6. Osprey

Osprey Nah, not possible.

Blog Posts:
    Oh hey, Pikachu's mind-controlled. Again. Original!

I'm betting that Ash yelling it it will bring it back to normal. Like usual.

7. SammyW27

SammyW27 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I really hope this is TR's doing (they've tried to use mind control before in this saga). Because as much as I want Team Flare to debut ASA(f)P, I don't want what happened to Team Plasma to happen to them... :uhoh:
    (even though it's likely only way the producers would let them on the Show :-( )

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  8. JacobYBM

JacobYBM 追放されたバカ

Blog Posts:
    Why would anyone think the vast majority of the people who are going to watch this episode even remember the previous times Pikachuu is mind controlled?

9. Alola

Alola isn't it strange?

Blog Posts:
    I hoping for character development/screen time from Luxio and Dedenne,,,

10. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Blog Posts:
    So I'm guessing this is where Luxray happens :).

11. Esquilo09

Esquilo09 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Another mind control episode? Now this is starting to become such a huge cliche.

12. Gabo2oo

Gabo2oo Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Because it was 43 episodes ago, people don't have such a bad memory. Not to mention there were flashbacks to it 9 episodes ago as well.

13. JacobYBM

JacobYBM 追放されたバカ

Blog Posts:
    The hugely vast majority of the people who are going to watch this episode do not even know how many episodes this series is, let alone remember something that happened a year ago. Hell, I don't even remember what happened forty-three episodes ago and I go on the internet to learn about and discuss the series.

14. Adamant

Adamant Member

Blog Posts:
    It was actually less than a month ago, in the New Year's Special.

15. Alan4ever

Alan4ever Alan Defense Squad2k16

Blog Posts:
    Not to mention the fact that the flashback to the episode was only 5 episodes back and that wasn't a particularly long time ago for kids to remember. Seriously stop trying to pathetically defend the writers. Kids aren't that forgetful or dumb okay.

I also wonder why Tomioka and director Tetsuo Yajima aren't introducing Flare Dan yet.

16. Playerking

Blog Posts:
    Are people really using the fact that the Malamar possession episode was mentioned recently, as evidence of lazy writing? That episode happened over a year ago and it being mentioned lately doesn't mean that the episode itself happened recently. Also, as @Yuugis Black Magician; and possibly others have mentioned, lots of children watch this series. And since lots of children watch this series, I'm pretty sure that some of them might not remember the episode that aired over a year ago, all that clearly.

17. H.M

H.M MY OPINIONS!!!11one

Blog Posts:
    Not to mention that not all kids watch every single episode. Some may have missed the Malamar episode and the episode that referred back to it.

18. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I say let's be fair here.

It's not the writers fault that they gave Ash a Pikachu an electric type (as in Pikachu was given the electric type by Gamefreak), nor did they have any control over the specialty of Clemont being an electric type gym leader and forcing him to catch a legitimate electric type Pokemon that Clemont could travel with since Dedenne doesn't actually exist (battling with Clemont anyway), and Heliolisk needed to stay at the gym while Clemont was away.

So if there IS going to be a specific type mind control plot, and they chose electric types due the fact there's a power plant in Lumiose Badlands (assuming it takes place around there), Pikachu, Luxio and Dedenne has no choice but to be brainwashed.

Especially if Team Rocket are involved as a result of them wanting to steal Pikachu as usual, and them creating some electric type brainwashing episode.

This HAD no choice but to happen, there was no "unique" way of doing this, unless they completely REDID the story.

19. Playerking

Blog Posts:
    Some more images from the episode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some translations of the first few summaries/blurbs from the episodes.

20. Darth Darkrai

Darth Darkrai Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Hmmmmmmmmmm, this Sounds VERY Interesting to Me, I wonder if maybe Team Flare could be the cause? :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.