• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY062: Protect the Future of Science! The Electric Labyrinth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Title: Protect the future of Science! The Electric Labyrinth!!
Airs: 26th of February.
img_next150226.jpg

Last edited:
I think Colress is in Kalos or some other evil relative of Clemont's or Team Flare

Wow. Pikachu being mind controlled. How original. Well, at least this one seems to affect only Electric-type Pokémon so there's that mystery to solve, and perhaps even a hint of Team Flare, because this doesn't seem like something Team Rocket would do. Also, the title gives away that the episode is focused on Clemont, so that's an advantage as well.

Power plant? Team Flare maybe? it's good it's not only Pikachu mind controlled but all electric types on the cast and wild.

Oh hey, Pikachu's mind-controlled. Again. Original!

I'm betting that Ash yelling it it will bring it back to normal. Like usual.

I really hope this is TR's doing (they've tried to use mind control before in this saga). Because as much as I want Team Flare to debut ASA(f)P, I don't want what happened to Team Plasma to happen to them... :uhoh:
(even though it's likely only way the producers would let them on the Show :-( )

Last edited:
Why would anyone think the vast majority of the people who are going to watch this episode even remember the previous times Pikachuu is mind controlled?

Another mind control episode? Now this is starting to become such a huge cliche.

Why would anyone think the vast majority of the people who are going to watch this episode even remember the previous times Pikachuu is mind controlled?
Because it was 43 episodes ago, people don't have such a bad memory. Not to mention there were flashbacks to it 9 episodes ago as well.

Because it was 43 episodes ago, people don't have such a bad memory. Not to mention there were flashbacks to it 9 episodes ago as well.

The hugely vast majority of the people who are going to watch this episode do not even know how many episodes this series is, let alone remember something that happened a year ago. Hell, I don't even remember what happened forty-three episodes ago and I go on the internet to learn about and discuss the series.

It was actually less than a month ago, in the New Year's Special.

Not to mention the fact that the flashback to the episode was only 5 episodes back and that wasn't a particularly long time ago for kids to remember. Seriously stop trying to pathetically defend the writers. Kids aren't that forgetful or dumb okay.

I also wonder why Tomioka and director Tetsuo Yajima aren't introducing Flare Dan yet.

Are people really using the fact that the Malamar possession episode was mentioned recently, as evidence of lazy writing? That episode happened over a year ago and it being mentioned lately doesn't mean that the episode itself happened recently. Also, as @Yuugis Black Magician; and possibly others have mentioned, lots of children watch this series. And since lots of children watch this series, I'm pretty sure that some of them might not remember the episode that aired over a year ago, all that clearly.

Not to mention that not all kids watch every single episode. Some may have missed the Malamar episode and the episode that referred back to it.

I say let's be fair here.

It's not the writers fault that they gave Ash a Pikachu an electric type (as in Pikachu was given the electric type by Gamefreak), nor did they have any control over the specialty of Clemont being an electric type gym leader and forcing him to catch a legitimate electric type Pokemon that Clemont could travel with since Dedenne doesn't actually exist (battling with Clemont anyway), and Heliolisk needed to stay at the gym while Clemont was away.

So if there IS going to be a specific type mind control plot, and they chose electric types due the fact there's a power plant in Lumiose Badlands (assuming it takes place around there), Pikachu, Luxio and Dedenne has no choice but to be brainwashed.

Especially if Team Rocket are involved as a result of them wanting to steal Pikachu as usual, and them creating some electric type brainwashing episode.

This HAD no choice but to happen, there was no "unique" way of doing this, unless they completely REDID the story.

Some more images from the episode.

5i4OKbc.jpg

dgVCPoy.png

Here are some translations of the first few summaries/blurbs from the episodes.

An incident has occurred at the Coumarine City Power Plant! Clemont and Luxio do their best to solve it!

Jessie seems to have fallen in love with this doctor at first sight.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, this Sounds VERY Interesting to Me, I wonder if maybe Team Flare could be the cause? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom