• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY063: A Fork in the Path of Indecision!? Musashi and Sonans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how, when the summaries and previews of this episode imply Wobbuffet leaving (even if it doesn't). There is NO such implication for Goodra except fan theories, simply just because. One little shot of Goodra laying down under a blanket next to Wooper, Pikachu, Dedenne is not indicative of a release.

The very fact that Ash only has 5 Pokemon, releasing Goodra episodes after the gym battle wouldn't make any sense at all since he would only have 4 Pokemon for the next movie. Ash having only 4 Pokemon doesn't make any sense. Since it undermines and undervalues Goodra completely.
I don't even want to get into this considering that I doubt either one of them will leave. I maintain that we know enough about this episode to conclude that it will end with Jessie and Wobbuffet coming back. If Wobbuffet were to leave, the episode would be about its history with Jessie rather than wasting time on Jessie pretending to leave herself.

We don't know enough about the Goodra episode. I agree that it would make no sense for it to leave, but then I don't think it makes sense for it to evolve so quickly, either.

So in conclusion, no one believes for one second that Sonansu will actually leave :p

So it's going around Tumblr that this episode made Michele Knotz, Jessie's TPCi VA, cry while dubbing it. There's no video/text source, as apparently it was said at a recent con she went to, so it could very well be fake but if it is true then it's very interesting. She's done a few "Team Rocket splits up" episodes in her time as Jessie's VA so this one would have to be extra emotional for it to make her cry.
If it's true, then this is very interesting. More than the splitting up episodes which weren't that emotional, she would have dubbed the Dokucale episode which is probably one of the most tear-jerking episodes of the show ever... I wonder what could hypothetically be that emotional in an episode in which no one actually leaves? (Probably...)

Also do Pokemon Sunday (or whatever it's called these days) not do previews any more or did I just miss it? :-(

Also do Pokemon Sunday (or whatever it's called these days) not do previews any more or did I just miss it? :-(

It's called GetTV now and yes they still do previews and you missed a lot! Hopefully it will be up eventually, but if anyone wondered why Kojiro was crying in the preview it was because he was heartbroken because of Musashi (well duh, but some people didn't want to believe it for some reason).

Also, I translated a bit of the dialogue that was used in the preview:
Musashi: I decided. I'll live the life of love.
Kojiro: If you're trying to grab your happiness as a woman, shouldn't I give you my blessing...?

MY FEELS *cries*
IS IT THURSDAY YET

Musashi: I decided. I'll live the life of love.
Kojiro: If you're trying to grab your happiness as a woman, shouldn't I give you my blessing...?
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!!?!?!
Did they show any new scenes?

Until we get a video of the GET TV Preview of this episode, here are some images from the preview.

B--uwmRUsAAP5Nb.jpg

B--uwpFUsAAQNiD.jpg

B--X9ViU8AEy9dj.jpg
tumblr_nkiuwgMlvI1sjhfmco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkiuwgMlvI1sjhfmco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkiuwgMlvI1sjhfmco3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nkiuwgMlvI1sjhfmco4_1280.jpg

B--t71pVAAIfMbU.jpg

I've found the full GetTV episode on youtube & the promo doesn't show much more -
Jessie & Wobbuffet blast off & the handsome doctor rescues them
Jessie's Wobbuffet & the other Wobbuffet (who is clearly a girl) share a meal with some Wynaut - Jessie (with her hair up) looks happy - there's a adorable shot of the two Wobbuffet sharing a piece of food, like the spaghetti scene in Lady & the Tramp
latt.jpg
Then come the screenshots Playerking posted

Edit - too slow! :-D

Will this scene end in Pokemon's first onscreen snog? :p

I've found the full GetTV episode on youtube...
Thank you! (I don't understand how I missed this yesterday seeing as I watched until the next programme started!)

Poor, poor Kojiro :-( I wonder what he and the pokemon are spying on to make him have that reaction... Hopefully this episode concludes satisfactorily for him!

Ikai, one of the few times Jessie is seen without her lipstick.

The more I think about it (probably should think about it a bit less tbh :p ) the less I understand when/how/why the events following White saving Musashi and Sonansu happen.

1. The scenes we've seen are set only during daylight and sunset, so assuming that the episode lasts one day, how does the premise that Musashi is going to settle down with this guy even occur?! Are human relationships that different in the Pokemon world? Because two people don't just meet and decide to get married on the spot.

2. Presumably White takes Musashi and Sonansu back to his surgery/house to recuperate. Musashi is clearly ok, so after she's put some dry clothes on does she try and find her team mates or not? How does she end up just hanging around there, alone, watching the sonansus and frickin taming that goat? So random. The only plausible reason is that she somehow talks about training as a nurse and this results in her staying there to help.

3. Kojiro, Nyasu and Bakeccha are hiding behind a bush watching something which makes Kojiro get upset blah blah blah. Why the hell is Bakeccha, Bakeccha hiding behind a bush and watching Musashi?! Either this scene takes place before Musashi realises they've found her (in which case why are they hiding and what on earth can they see that makes Kojiro understand the situation so perfectly?) or if it takes place after they reunite, why do they need to hide behind a bush and spy?!?!

4. Who is that old woman?

5. What happens between the daytime scenes of Musashi-in-pink-cardigan and the sunset scenes where she is back in uniform?

6. How are they going to save Musashi from being a fantasist/selfish b*tch in this episode? Currently those are the only two sensible explanations to her behaviour. I cannot currently conceive a scene where she actively chooses her team without Kojiro brazenly declaring his love for her... over this fake new life.

7. For an episode with Sonansu's name in the friggin title he doesn't seem to be doing much does he?! Is he going to, or is his role in this episode to simply be a crutch to prop up Musashi's bizarre plan to shack up with White?

8. How can they end that Lady & the Tramp shot without the sonansus snogging? I'm so confused.

:202: Yonemura and Takegami better provide some good answers.
(Oh God I've written a nonsensical post... it's definitely bedtime.)

The more I think about it (probably should think about it a bit less tbh :p ) the less I understand when/how/why the events following White saving Musashi and Sonansu happen.

1. The scenes we've seen are set only during daylight and sunset, so assuming that the episode lasts one day, how does the premise that Musashi is going to settle down with this guy even occur?! Are human relationships that different in the Pokemon world? Because two people don't just meet and decide to get married on the spot.

2. Presumably White takes Musashi and Sonansu back to his surgery/house to recuperate. Musashi is clearly ok, so after she's put some dry clothes on does she try and find her team mates or not? How does she end up just hanging around there, alone, watching the sonansus and frickin taming that goat? So random. The only plausible reason is that she somehow talks about training as a nurse and this results in her staying there to help.

3. Kojiro, Nyasu and Bakeccha are hiding behind a bush watching something which makes Kojiro get upset blah blah blah. Why the hell is Bakeccha, Bakeccha hiding behind a bush and watching Musashi?! Either this scene takes place before Musashi realises they've found her (in which case why are they hiding and what on earth can they see that makes Kojiro understand the situation so perfectly?) or if it takes place after they reunite, why do they need to hide behind a bush and spy?!?!

4. Who is that old woman?

5. What happens between the daytime scenes of Musashi-in-pink-cardigan and the sunset scenes where she is back in uniform?

6. How are they going to save Musashi from being a fantasist/selfish b*tch in this episode? Currently those are the only two sensible explanations to her behaviour. I cannot currently conceive a scene where she actively chooses her team without Kojiro brazenly declaring his love for her... over this fake new life.

7. For an episode with Sonansu's name in the friggin title he doesn't seem to be doing much does he?! Is he going to, or is his role in this episode to simply be a crutch to prop up Musashi's bizarre plan to shack up with White?

8. How can they end that Lady & the Tramp shot without the sonansus snogging? I'm so confused.

:202: Yonemura and Takegami better provide some good answers.
(Oh God I've written a nonsensical post... it's definitely bedtime.)

I bet that this is going to be a Rocketshipping episode, something which hasn't really been hinted at since the original series. This should be interesting...

My guess as to how this episode will play out:

It'll start in the middle of a routine Team-Rocket-attacks-Ash battle (probably with that godawful stock motto animation again) and then TR is blasted off, Jessie almost drowns, is saved by White, goes back to his home, is shown around, Wobbuffet is introduced to lips!Wobbuffet, Jessie starts to like it there, James/Meowth find Jessie and want/expect her to come with them, Jessie is like "nah" (although in a conflicted sort of way), James & Meowth leave upset, the hunter guy captures all of TR's Pokemon, which makes Jessie realize she belongs with TR and then goes back to fight for her Pokemon, and somehow Ash and friends are involved in all of this.

If Wobbuffet leaves (which he probably won't but it's not 100% impossible) it'll probably be after all of the hunter/poacher nonsense is over and Jessie realizes Wobbuffet wants to live with lips!Wobbuffet, enter emotional goodbye scene (hopefully with a montage because that little blob has been with the main cast since the early Johto days).

I don't really care much for shipping Jessie/James romantically but I absolutely love them as a brOTP or whatever it's called. The scene at the end of Holy Matrimony is probably one of my favorites from the entire franchise and I hope we get something similar (again, I don't really see their love as romantic/sexual but rather as platonic).

Maybe the blast off is from the last episode, I mean, you have to admit, that was a lot of Electric types giving TRio a jolt, lol

Or it could be like that one noodle episode from D/P :x

(probably with that godawful stock motto animation again)
Do you think it's too much to ask for a Rocket-centric episode to have some original motto animation? :p

But anyway I largely agree with you RE: Musashi and Kojiro's relationship, which is arguably the most important human-human friendship on the show. Their bond is clearly much deeper than a shallow, romantic one and it would be nice to be reminded of this as the last time their relationship got any focus was 6 years ago (tomorrow!) in the DP break-up episode.

The stock motto animation is used so that the episode director has more cels to play around with. Long-running shows like Pocket Monster usually only get 3,000-4,000 in-between cels per episode, so every sheet is precious.

The stock motto animation is used so that the episode director has more cels to play around with. Long-running shows like Pocket Monster usually only get 3,000-4,000 in-between cels per episode, so every sheet is precious.
Has this changed since the older series? I mean I know that they recycled more and more scenes from mottoes as time went on but it's only been since BW that they started reusing whole mottoes and only in XY have they done this ridiculous same-motto-every-episode thing!!

It's sad from both an animation and a script/voice acting POV as there was some real character in some of the alternative mottoes of yore :-(

I think the same motto animation saves them some money(?)(dunno how the studio stuff works...e.e)

Anywaaay...gettin' kinda off-topic discussing the motto(lols) can Wobbuffet really Counter that Rhyperior's Horn Drill? Find out tomorrow on Drago- I mean Pokemon XY! :p

Has this changed since the older series? I mean I know that they recycled more and more scenes from mottoes as time went on but it's only been since BW that they started reusing whole mottoes and only in XY have they done this ridiculous same-motto-every-episode thing!!

It's sad from both an animation and a script/voice acting POV as there was some real character in some of the alternative mottoes of yore :-(

I do get the sense that there are fewer drawings all-around. When Asada Yuuji was Kantoku/Director for the last twenty episodes of Diamond & Pearl and was personally directing and storyboarded five of those I definitely felt like his episodes had more action cuts. There hasn't really been anything like that since. I'm not sure this is a stylistic thing on the part of the current Kantoku/Director, Yajima Tetsuo, though. Episode #44 had a little more original animation than usual, so I have to wonder if there is simply reallocating of drawings to bigger episodes or there is an overall smaller number of sheets available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom