• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY064: Fokko VS Mahoxy! A Splendid Performance Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Title: Fennekin VS Delphox! A Splendid Performance Battle!!
Airs: 12th of March.
Image:
Miwh35m.jpg

A translation of the first blurb of the episode.

Serena ends up going really hard on Fennekin and Pancham while training for a tournament.

Last edited:
Aha, so we now know when Fokko will evolve.

By the way, could a kind soul change the thread title to reflect the names these Pokemon are actually going to be referred to as for this airing?

By the way, could a kind soul change the thread title to reflect the names these Pokemon are actually going to be referred to as for this airing?
Well I think he used their English names so that everyone knows which Pokémon are in the title and don't get confused by their Japanese names.

"Performance Battle"... wow we never got to see that brand new idea before right... surely won't be anything like "Contest Battle"... (of course this time it seems to be merely for training them to do performances rather than to actually battle since the dumbed down Contests Showcases apparently don't even involve battling)

I wonder why Contests were not brought back. It would be so much better. The writers are apparently determined to present whatever Pokémon Performers are doing as brand new when in reality we have all seen this long ago with Pokémon Coordinators.

A Performance Battle? I mean, really? If this turns out to be a renamed Contest Battle we'll have confirmation the writers are really stupid for not having Serena becoming a Coordinator. And it seems Delphox is the Showcase version of Milotic?

Well I think he used their English names so that everyone knows which Pokémon are in the title and don't get confused by their Japanese names.

I don't know who these characters are. I have to look up their names. Why should I have to look up the names of characters when their actual names are used in the episode title? What about treating the episode title with respect by actually translating it, instead of changing the names as if the title and the names chosen for the title are unworthy?

Anyone interested in the original airings of these episodes are already going to be putting in the effort to learn about, let's keep them learning by actually presenting the episode titles.

I wonder why Contests were not brought back. It would be so much better. The writers are apparently determined to present whatever Pokémon Performers are doing as brand new when in reality we have all seen this long ago with Pokémon Coordinators.

A Performance Battle? I mean, really? If this turns out to be a renamed Contest Battle we'll have confirmation the writers are really stupid for not having Serena becoming a Coordinator. And it seems Delphox is the Showcase version of Milotic?

The staff is either not allowed to or have chosen to try and up their game by making the objective of these battles more complex or interesting. There's no other reasons than that.

Delphox? My interest is peaked!

I don't know who these characters are. I have to look up their names. Why should I have to look up the names of characters when their actual names are used in the episode title? What about treating the episode title with respect by actually translating it, instead of changing the names as if the title and the names chosen for the title are unworthy?

Anyone interested in the original airings of these episodes are already going to be putting in the effort to learn about, let's keep them learning by actually presenting the episode titles.

Most of the people on these boards watched the dub or played the English games so they are more used to the English names than the original ones. Notice I said most but not all. I know most of the Japanese names, but I use the English ones because I play the games in English so I'm more exposed to those names and because most people in the English community use the English names.

Some people prefer the Japanese names, and because of people asking "Which Pokemon is that???" BMGF implemented the linking to the wiki article. Still, it's a bit inconvenient, but it takes less than a minute to check the wiki to see that "Delphox" is "Mafoxy" and vice versa.

It would be weird to see Fennekin evolving here. It would be a retelling of the episode where Froakie evolved, featuring the first and the last stage of a starter, the first evolving into the second, and showing training.

However, the Showcase Tournament looks pretty good, it will probably be similar to the Wallace cup. Hopefully many important characters other than Shauna will participate, like Alexa or Korrina :p It's fairly obvious that it will take place on Luminose City and that Serena will change her hairstyle before entering.

I'm excited have another Serena focused episode, see more Showcase stuff, and to see another Delphox. But I'm honestly not excited about the possibility of Fennekin evolving here, only because I don't like Braxien. Oh well, guess it's going to happen eventually anyway. Who knows, maybe the anime will help me warm up to it a bit more.

The Delphox trainer is most likely Aria. Aria is a Pokemon Performer just like Serena, and she is the best person to give Serena advice on how her team can perform.

Even though she has a Braixen, given that this episode may be the one in which Serena's Fennekin evolves, Aria can have her Pokémon evolve into its final stage. Just like how Sanpei had a Greninja in the episode in which Froakie evolved, even though his Pokémon debuted as a Frogadier.

Aromatisse is probably Aria's second Pokémon and will participate in a double performance with Delphox.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting the distinct feeling that this will be when Aria and Serena officially meet, and Delphox could be the former's Braixen. Yeah I know this makes it all sound like "Ninja Art Showdown! Frogadier vs. Barbacle!" what with first and third stages of the same evolutionary line meeting and the former evolving, but that's just what I think.

Last edited:

Anyone interested in the original airings of these episodes are already going to be putting in the effort to learn about, let's keep them learning by actually presenting the episode titles

Logically there's no reason to translate something into English, and not translate the Pokemon names into the English version of the names. It's not about just translating something into English, sometimes it is about translating something that is understandable to the people who speak English.

Considering there is no official direct Japanese to English translation, people have no choice but to use the English names.

It would be weird to see Fennekin evolving here. It would be a retelling of the episode where Froakie evolved, featuring the first and the last stage of a starter, the first evolving into the second, and showing training.

However, the Showcase Tournament looks pretty good, it will probably be similar to the Wallace cup. Hopefully many important characters other than Shauna will participate, like Alexa or Korrina :p It's fairly obvious that it will take place on Luminose City and that Serena will change her hairstyle before entering.

A better example is Tepig and Emboar, since Froakie evolved on the side of Greninja (as they were battling together but not battling against each other), while Fennekin would likely be evolving battling Delphox.

Let's drop the subject of what names are to be used for a thread's title. It has nothing to do with the episode in question.

I will say this: there is no official policy or rule on this. However, both are allowed. It is indeed preferable to use the English names, since this is an English-speaking forum. People will easier recognize and understand when the English names are used, since I'm sure a lot of fans visiting this forum are not familiar with the Japanese names. However, when the Japanese names are used, it shouldn't be a problem either. I don't feel as if the staff should force a rule to explicitly use only the English names or only the Japanese names.

In short, when opening such a thread, feel free to choose what names should be used for the title.

This will air on my birthday o_O

I feel speyshul ._. Er. I mean...cool <.< >.>

I bet/hope this will be Fokko's evolution episode

It seems like these images might be from this episode.

dCKbNHY.png
NBe0WrO.png

No surprise, but Aria is the Delphox trainer mentioned here. It also seems they will show another PokeVision video of her during the episode, this time with Delphox.

BUz5g5i.jpg

No surprise, but Aria is the Delphox trainer mentioned here. It also seems they will show another PokeVision video of her during the episode, this time with Delphox.

BUz5g5i.jpg

Well it doesn't say that it's about that episode, but it probably is.

Also, we do know that Aria is here, so she probably is Delphox's trainer.

BT8A7Mo.jpg

BUz5g5i.jpg

Well it doesn't say that it's about that episode, but it probably is.

Also, we do know that Aria is here, so she probably is Delphox's trainer.

BT8A7Mo.jpg

...I really can't tell. Is that Aria or Jessie dressing up as Aria in the bottom photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom