• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY064: Fokko VS Mahoxy! A Splendid Performance Battle!!

Screenplay writer for this episode Omode Akemi tweeted about the actors ad-libbing in this episode and I 100% guarantee she's talking about the part where Musashi does Nippon Elekiter Rengou's catch phrase "Dame yo! Dame Dame!" off-camera.

Given that Clemont wasn't there, unless Bonnie explained it, wouldn't you assume she was asking on Ash's behalf? I'd have liked it if Aria was slightly positive about the idea thinking Bonnie was talking about Ash, followed by Serena's panic.

Not really since her main focus is getting Clemont a wife since she doesn't believe he can take care of himself. I don't think she feels the same way about Ash. Also, I though she did mention that she was asking for her brother, but I may be mistaken.

I sure as hell hope that Chespin evolves soon, as he is now the only unevolved Kalos starter at this point. was shocked for yet another evolution, but hopefully, Frogadier evolves, then helps Pancham evolve, along with Braixen evolving, so that Serena's first two 'mons are fully evolved. (Now we all know why that event Fennekin was level 15; it (she) was close to evolution)

Given that Clemont wasn't there, unless Bonnie explained it, wouldn't you assume she was asking on Ash's behalf?
She explained it :) I don't think poor Satoshi could cope with such a mix-up!!

I have a feeling Chespin will be that pokemon not to evolve.

It's Oshawott all over again from BW. Chespin is primarily here as the gag pokemon.

Finally the subs are out for this *grumbles about the slowness of the English fansubbers*

What a great episode - Clemont's getting serious (how did that new boy get to challenge him so quickly?), Jessie's dream is just as unrealistic as ever (& I love her for it), Serena & her Pokemon are both really getting into performing.
It had everything - comedy, drama, character development, how important the "bond" is *sighs*
I was in floods of tears by the end :')

There's another long sub-plot going on here - Aria didn't happen to be just passing by & that was a very specific confidence boosting pep-talk

It's official, the writers have finally won me over, I have now fallen head over heels in love with Serena

P.S. And I saw the bangle thing coming a mile off, but I still don't care

Last edited:
Hmm, Aria has great taste when it comes to Pokémon. Delphox AND Aromatisse? Yay :) Speaking of Aria, I really like this version of her character, specially the outfit.

I thought Shota would be a big jerk when I saw him in the opening, but he is a nice kid (apparently). I like his design. His poor Treecko had absolutely no chances of winning against a Luxray (unless it was the Pikachu of the Treeckos). Oh, did Clemont drop the four badges requirement in order to battle him in the gym? Because I really doubt Shota had any badges, let alone four of them.

Anyways, omg Fennekin's evolution was soooooo cute (that music!) and Serena's Braixen is also so damn cute <3 *melts* Not to mention how gracious Aria's Delphox is. This episode truly was a love letter to fans of the Fennekin family. Pancham was cute too, I loved how it protected Fennekin from Aromatisse's move and also that smirk it gave to Braixen after it evolved.

PmNYFTK.png

As the poster above, from this day on, consider me a fan of Serena. :mallet:

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom