• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY065: Kameil and Raichu Appear! Good Luck Numeil!!

Dat Iron Tail that blocked Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse/Thunderbolt was amazing

I liked how TRio can identify Ash's Pikachu by its Thunderbolt, Tierno's Raichu's electricity was unrecognizable, apparently lol

I love Dragon Pulse's new animation, sho aweshome!

Tierno's a Kalos League rival after all, he's a little ahead of Ash it seems, and it looks like they're 1-2 as of this episode.

Tierno's a Kalos League rival after all, he's a little ahead of Ash it seems, and it looks like they're 1-2 as of this episode.

Who uses no Kalosian Pokemon whatsoever haha.

Anyway, good episode. The fact that James, and I'm assuming all of Team Rocket for that matter, has a "taste" for Pikachu's electricity is hilarious.

I do think Goodra's evolution was highly rushed, especially given how Ash's three other Kalos Pokemon all have more battle experience. Additionally, why didn't Ash immediately use Rain Dance? Or call out his Frogadier? Or Tierno have his Wartortle use Hydro Pump? Instead of, you know, everyone just standing there as if waiting to burn? At this point, they just should have played Volt-the instrumental version felt lacking and empty. And I do wish Goodra had a much more diverse move-set...

But nonetheless, I'm happy to see my favorite pseudo legendary in action. The double battle was pretty cool. And boy is Goodra badass.

Last edited:
Wow who knew Numelgon would appear so quickly! :rolleyes: If Satoshi doesn't end up doing a Pigeot after the gym battle then I'll eat my hat.

Tierno is so great, I only wish he'd actually had a bit more to do in this episode! The inclusion of Raichu on his team is interesting... I wonder if they'll take that anywhere with Pikachu. Have we ever had a Raichu portrayed positively on the show before?

What was the point of that fire breaking out? Well obviously I know the point but it felt so lacklustre and non-threatening that for me it really downplayed the evolution.

I (obviously) loved the Rocket trio in this episode, particularly their speculation about whether Pikachu had evolved and the way they came to the correct conclusion! Also Musashi's unwarranted hair rage harked back to the good old days :-D More of this please! Nice to see that their pokemon (including Sonansu) had been slyly recalled during the fire.

I can't wait for them to be reunited with Citron. I haven't much enjoyed the group dynamics without him!

We were all nagging about them using Volt in every evolution or climax moment. But that remix was so so weird.
Other than that, I love Goodra, it has such a friendly goofy face. Shame it will be leaving.

So how many badges does Tierno have? :p nice to know he'll be Ash's rival.

Yay at Goodra, hope he stays with Ash, Goodra looks awesome.

Lights, Camera, Quack-tion/Stage Fight!/Cooking up a Sweet Story!/Camping It Up!/Volker's Raichu and that's not even counting all the random Raichu that cameo during other episodes.
Lol awks :p Just goes to show how much attention I've been paying over the years...

I liked how the group was on the phone with Clemont at the beginning of the episode and how once again Serena was holding Bonnie. And damn that Gothitelle cleaning invention trying to suck him up was hilarious. Moving on, I loved Tierno's reaction to Serena's new do. I also like how they showed that he'd battled Clembot for his badge.

Aw Sliggoo is sooooo cute! Anyway, I wonder why Tierno didn't introduce Raichu with the rest of his dance crew. Ok, am I only one who thought it was odd Bonnie went with Tierno to look for the Pokemon? I mean, Clemont entrusted Bonnie's safety to Serena (and Ash, but more to Serena). You'd think she'd be the one to go off with her running in the wilderness when looking for the Pokemon, rather than some dude they really don't know that well.

I liked how Wartorle jumped in front of Raichu protect him from being captured and when TR was talking about Raichu. I lol'd majorly when he dowsed Jessie with his attack. Then of course she decides to attack the cage resulting in them being freed. Anyway, I did like Dedenne reuniting with Sliggoo. That was adorable. I also liked how when Team Tierno came across that giant rock, Sliggoo started repeatedly slamming the rock with his body like when Pikachu was trying to free themselves from TR's cage in XY55.

Goodra's evolution was totally awesome. I love how James basically sent out Inkay just to get blasted. Anyway, moving on to the battle, I though it was pretty cool how Ash pretty much dominated the entire thing. Geez, why did Tierno keep attacking the Biding Goodra who clearly wasn't taking that much damage from Raichu's attacks? For a second, I thought Goodra's Bide would OHKO them. I do wish the battle was a bit longer and that Tierno would have shown off some more of his signature dance strategy. But overall I guess it was okay. Break dancing Raichu alone made my day:)

Overall a pretty good episode. 8.5/10.

Last edited:
When Team Rocket's robot appeared was that an old piece of bgm we heard? Or am I mistaken?

Goodra returning to the forest it left to defend the weaker Pokemon is so obvious at this point, it not happening would be the more surprising storyline. I'd hate for Goodra to be a significant factor in the battle against Clemont for that reason - a Pokemon that has come along, got powerful with almost no training on Ash's side and will almost certainly leave as soon as it came having a big role in the battle would weaken the result - making it look like Ash couldn't do it on his own and needed a last minute addition to his team to overcome all of Clemont's power, which is hardly a satisfying outcome to a battle with so much build up.

I like that a Raichu appeared without making a Pikachu v Raichu battle the focus - though perhaps that's being saved for the league. But still my main problem with this short arc without Clemont remains - Clemont is off training but Ash will come into the battle having no real changes to his team aside from Goodra - no new moves or battle strategies worked out with Pikachu and Hawlucha and nothing done to make himself less predictable - despite evolving Goodra's battle tactics are basically the same as those that it used as a Goomy.

Tierno dropping in for an episode is nice, but the focus on Goodra distracts from what Ash's priority should be and what he should have been able to use some battle time with him to achieve. Though evolving a Poliwhirl is just wrong.

Really enjoyed this episode. The animation was just beautiful, especially the battle movements and Jesse's hair.

Sliggoo evolving really was amazing ~ definitely one of, if not my most, favorite evolution scenes of the entire show. The animation of it was just stunning. While I was expecting Volt to be played, the fact that they used the remix Mega Volt really surprised and makes me wonder ~ why now? Why use that version for Goodra and not for Luxray or Braixen? Part of me wonders if there's some fore-shadowing here, given Goomy and Ash's instant bond and even how in just a short few episodes Goodra feels like such a big part of the XY series already.
However unlikely this sounds, that coupled with Mega Volt made me think for a moment that maybe they're building up to Goodra being Ash's first Mega (this thought assumes a lot and is just idle speculation, I understand that this has a practically 0% chance of happening and is just what I felt watching the episode).

It was also really great to see Tierno again, especially after having seen Shauna twice now since that little arc. Shauna and Tierno's recurring appearances as Serena and Ash's main rivals has been set up really with with these appearances. I kept thinking throughout the episode how they'll bring Trevor back and what kind of role he will play as a recurring character.

Overall, a really amazing episode and definitely a favorite from the XY series.

Mega Volt played during the evolution was a nice change but it doesn't fit the scene very well.

Tierno seems like a good rival for Ash. I hope they meet a few more times before the league and hype the league battle up as they did with Clemont's Gym. (Breakdancing Raichu anyone?)

INCOMING RANT, DON'T READ IF YOU WILL GET MAD.

Seriously, Goomy focused episodes are indeed the weaker episodes in XY for me. Mostly due to the wasted potential.

When I saw the Opening Theme 'Getta Ban Ban' with Goomy evolving all they way into Goodra, I was so pumped up. With the standards of the XY episodes, I thought the evolution will be the most epic in the history of the Anime. But both of its evolution episodes are a complete let down for me. Especially that scene in the Opening Theme where Sliggoo evolves into Goodra and the flames burns at the ground. My thoughts of the scene is: "COOL! Its like Goomy had just REBIRTHED FROM FIRE." As it turns out its just a memory of a fire in its homeland... Its great but not that great.

And how they handled Goomy. The episode of its debut says the 'The Weakest Dragon, Enter Goomy' makes me thinks that they are going to stick with the Pokedex. If so Goomy will evolve and then went completely blind, which can be a let down for the Goomy who wants to become stronger and instead now cannot even see. And then overcoming the frustration and regaining confidence leading it to evolve into Goodra. Its because I already have this storyline stuck in my head to be the 'prefect writing'. I practically uses this as the guideline to rate Goomy's episodes, and as you thought, none of them fared well.

I do understand Goomy can't go blind in the episode it evolves because it has to fight the Grumpig. But then, it doesn't necessarily has to evolve in such a circumstance right? Why not have it evolve in a way so they can elaborate the Pokedex thing up? I should say the Opening Theme and the Title of the Debut episode gave me too much false hopes that I really cannot start to like Goomy focused episodes. Thats just me though.

Goodra is at the same time one of the weirdest and cutest Pokémon in history. Like, its ear thingies and the goo goatee look so fucking bad, but it is also so cute and adorable. I am conflicted on if I like or dislike this Pokémon. Its evolution scene was a bit too rushed (and that goddamn awful music played once again), but Rain Dance looked fantastic in the anime, at least. I can see why some are disappointed Goodra might or not leave Ash, but personally, as cute as it is, I don't want it to stay in Ash's team solely because it is too overpower, like every other pseudo legendary in the anime. I think ideally Goodra should leave and come back during the Kalos League episodes.

Tierno is such a fun character. Both Ash and Serena's rivals are great and a huge improvement over the rivals in Best Wishes. So good. Now I wonder what is Trevor role gonna be in the show? So far he is the only of the XY friendly rivals to not have any notable feats in the show. Anyways, I like Tierno's team a lot, too. His Raichu is extremely adorable, it is just too bad he will end up with an ugly Blastoise in his team, but at the same time, it will be interesting to see watch Blastoise dancing.

In short, great episode. One of my favorites so far.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom