• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY067: Miare Gym Battle! Satoshi VS Citron!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE DO IT! Delay the gym, don't rush Sliggoo-Goodra evolution, and make it two-parter. Make Clemont the seventh gym leader! Please I beg you. T_T

I have to sit and cry at a corner drawing circles for now... don't mind me.....

But Clemont is the fifth gym leader in the games. What would be the point of deviating? We already know they've only deviated from the order once, in the original season, and then never again. And besides, everything's set in stone now.

Gym battle episodes are expensive, since they use a higher number of drawings. They also tend to use the series' best regular staff, so it isn't as easy to put them together.

I hope the picture is misleading. I really wanted Bunnelby to beat Pikachu and for Goodra vs. Luxray to be the last match-up. Oh well, whatever happens will happen. The new information has really hyped me up though. It sounds like Clemont is going to be a tough opponent. I'm still personally hoping the match will end up as a tie though.

Also hope they reveal who Ash's last choice will be soon.

all this hype and a dedicated opening to traveling rivals for what? a 3v3 with predictable match-ups and outcome? ._________.

this is me hoping there's a loss and that there will be a rematch which is why the group stays in miare for a long time

I doubt Wild Charge is so vital to Luxio/Luxray that it can't be used by Bunnelby.

It is more or less an electrified tackle, but I just can't see Bunnelby with that move. It doesn't fit. Clemont caught and raised Bunnelby to counter Electric-type Pokémon. All of its moves, from using the sand to capture an opponent's electricity to using Dig and Mud Shot, are deliberate in nature.

What does Clemont have to gain by having Bunnelby learn Wild Charge? Pikachu and other Electric-types resist it.

I doubt Wild Charge is so vital to Luxio/Luxray that it can't be used by Bunnelby.

It is more or less an electrified tackle, but I just can't see Bunnelby with that move. It doesn't fit. Clemont caught and raised Bunnelby to counter Electric-type Pokémon. All of its moves, from using the sand to capture an opponent's electricity to using Dig and Mud Shot, are deliberate in nature.

What does Clemont have to gain by having Bunnelby learn Wild Charge? Pikachu and other Electric-types resist it.

He might have Bunnelby utilize Wild Charge in a way to further counter electric type moves, such as Skyla's Swannas' Aqua Ring.

I will actually re-evaluate my predictions and say that Goodra might actually star here as Ash is reflecting on Goodra when he is commanding Pikachu which I presume is battling Luxray from the look of things which means that he is saving Goodra for the final battle. Though Pikachu could easily star here though.

Pikachu vs Bunnelby-Pikachu
Goodra vs Heliolisk-(switched out by Dragon tail)
Hawlucha/Flethcinder vs Heliolisk- Hawlucha
Hawlucha/Flethcinder vs Luxray- Luxray
Pikachu vs Luxray- Luxray
Goodra vs Luxray-Goodra

Last edited:

Well it actually might be very simple.

Bunnelby has an electric type move (the only electric type move it can learn), because Clemont is an electric type gym leader, and Chespin is incapable of using an electric type move (exception of ORAS move tutor thunderpunch). Thus it was a move given to Bunnelby by the writers as well as Clemont's own idea to really show off that Clemont is a gym leader.

Edit: Plus Bunnelby evolves into a ground type, therefore it could have that attack in the defense of water types being super effective, but this doesn't really apply to Bunnelby though.

All I wanna see is Goodra get to star and my lion bae to take down Pikachu! C'MON LUXRAY! SHOW PIKACHU WHO'S THE SUPERIOR ELECTRIC TYPE!

I prefer Heliolisk simply because Pikachu has already lost to a Luxray (Volkner's) and I'd honestly prefer something like Bunnelby or Heliolisk beating Pikachu (tying in regards to Bunnelby).

Prediction:

Bunnelby vs Pikachu - Pikachu loses
Bunnelby vs Hawlucha - Hawlucha wins
Heliosk vs Hawlucha - Double KO
Luxray vs Goodra - Goodra wins

I think they'll definitely do a Bunnelby vs Pikachu just to remind us of that first XY episode where Clemont and Ash first battled, and it was Bunnelby vs Pikachu back then. Time to decide who's the winner. I'd say Pikachu loses here.

Hawlucha should get a win against two Normal-types, or at least a double KO. And Goodra will win the badge.

I wish this battle was a little later, something like XY072. Why hold a Gym battle only 9 episodes after the last one? And one they seem to want to hype as much as possible. We know Kalos will be a three year saga so we dont have that sweet DP time to really grow and deepen the story. But this seems like such a missed opportunity. They could have held off the Luxio evolution for an episode right before the Gym a little ahead, so it would be Clemont and his new Electric Lion against Ash, and they wouldn't need to have three evolutions in consecutive episodes. And furthermore, Luxio imo needs an episode to shine before evolving, because after the excellent episode of his capture, there wasn't much focus on him.

To me the pace is all out of wack. They could have done the Power Plant episode without evolving Luxio. Then Wobbufett, Then Braixen. A couple episodes before evolving Goodra. A couple episodes after that. The Citroid episode evolving Luxio and then the Gym Battle. Would make much more sense than rushing through this stretch of episodes with so much happening.

I'm noticing that a lot people seem to think that Clemont might win the battle for these reasons:

"Noticed about the opening got me on the train of thought that Ash might lose here"
The Plant, Fairy, and Psychic Badges are shown. The Voltage Badge is not.
The Order of the Gym Leaders: Ramos, Valerie, Olympia, Clemont.
"Someone noticing, that there is NO "Pokemon x vs Pokemon y!!" in the title. In every gym battle except the first Viola Battle (where he lost!) included such a statement in the title." Maybe he will really lose the battle..."
"But what's the point if he simply loses? That's why if he's such a genius, I think he has a chance of winning outright."

People should remember that this series isn't good enough to do a twist like this even though it would give some purpose to Clemont still staying with the group for the second half of the series.

The end story is that Ash IS defeating Clemont first time.

Prediction:

Bunnelby vs Pikachu - Pikachu loses
Bunnelby vs Hawlucha - Hawlucha wins
Heliosk vs Hawlucha - Double KO
Luxray vs Goodra - Goodra wins

I think they'll definitely do a Bunnelby vs Pikachu just to remind us of that first XY episode where Clemont and Ash first battled, and it was Bunnelby vs Pikachu back then. Time to decide who's the winner. I'd say Pikachu loses here.

Hawlucha should get a win against two Normal-types, or at least a double KO. And Goodra will win the badge.

Unfortunately the preview already confirmed that Goodra and Heliolisk will be fighting each other. :( I would have preferred them not to, though.

People should remember that this series isn't good enough to do a twist like this even though it would give some purpose to Clemont still staying with the group for the second half of the series.

Sorry, but are you really making that factual statement out of your personal bias with the anime? Ash has lost to gym leaders before, and I really don't see how this should be any different simply because Ash and Clemont are friends.

And "this series that isn't good enough for twists" has already shaken things up a bit from the normal sagas. Ash has yet to capture a grass-type, the female lead has gotten a redesign, Ash got a pseudo-legendary and a fully-evolved dragon type, a water-type pokemon finally evolved, etc. Not too sure why Clemont beating Ash is such a flabbergasting idea.

dman_dustin said:

I was watching the new opening again and noticed this scene:
Gx7AYBF.png

On the left is Bunnelby and on the right is Pikachu. Bunnelby is charging forward with a yellow/orange aura, which to me looks a lot like Wild Charge. There is also the picture that Playerking posted above which suggests that Bunnelby will know Wild Charge in time for the gym battle. I would say that it might be a result of Electric Terrain, but Bunnelby and Pikachu have been shown to be the first match-up, so the move won't have been used by then.

Sorry, but are you really making that factual statement out of your personal bias with the anime? Ash has lost to gym leaders before, and I really don't see how this should be any different simply because Ash and Clemont are friends.

And "this series that isn't good enough for twists" has already shaken things up a bit from the normal sagas. Ash has yet to capture a grass-type, the female lead has gotten a redesign, Ash got a pseudo-legendary and a fully-evolved dragon type, a water-type pokemon finally evolved, etc. Not too sure why Clemont beating Ash is such a flabbergasting idea.
Ash will always be better than his companions though, so Clemont will NEVER get his shining moment against Ash.Period.

Unfortunately the preview already confirmed that Goodra and Heliolisk will be fighting each other. :( I would have preferred them not to, though.

dman_dustin said:

I was watching the new opening again and noticed this scene:
Gx7AYBF.png

On the left is Bunnelby and on the right is Pikachu. Bunnelby is charging forward with a yellow/orange aura, which to me looks a lot like Wild Charge. There is also the picture that Playerking posted above which suggests that Bunnelby will know Wild Charge in time for the gym battle. I would say that it might be a result of Electric Terrain, but Bunnelby and Pikachu have been shown to be the first match-up, so the move won't have been used by then.

I thought that was just the glow from it using Mud Shot.

@Life

Where did that image with Pikachu and Bunnelby come from? Was that from a recent trailer?

As long as Pikachu beats Bunnelby and settles things with him, I don't care what the other match-ups are anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom