• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY067: Miare Gym Battle! Satoshi VS Citron!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY0??: The Lumiose Gym Battle Episode

Yeah... ''Awesome'' that Ash is evolving his Dragon-type Pokémon (who he received just a few episodes ago) to its fully evolved form in just the span of.. what? 10-15 episode, tops? I doubt the Gym will be delayed any longer than that, given all the spoilers we've seen. Oh.. and did I mention that it's a Dragon-type?

SO AWESOME, YEAH.

AND OMG, CAN I EVEN BEGIN TO MENTION ALL THE EPIC BATTLES THAT GOOMY HAVE ENDURED THROUGH!?!?! YEAH!!!! Ash and Goomy have just faced sooooooo many obstacles already, they CLEARLY deserve this!! GOOD JOB GUYS!

..In all seriousness though, I am at least happy to see him use Heliolisk here. It seems like I was the only one who actually felt unsure as to whether he'd actually go ahead and use it here, but I'm glad he is.

Last edited:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but during the trailer Citron says his goal's to become the best inventor? It's worth saying since it's the first or one of the few times he actually reveals his goal (even if a bit obvious).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but during the trailer Citron says his goal's to become the best inventor? It's worth saying since it's the first or one of the few times he actually reveals his goal (even if a bit obvious).
I think he actually says he wants to create inventions that make Pokémon happy.

I also believe the first time he said that was during the first episode of the Summer Camp arc.

Luxray and Goodra confirmed for the gym battle! We know now Ash is using Pikachu and Goodra...Hopefully Goodra gets to star here cause its about time Ash got a fully evolved dragon type. Also it seems Goodra has learned Dragon Pulse. Now its time for it to shine! Also we now know Clemont is using Heliolisk and his newly evolved Luxray! GO LUXRAY!!!

Thanks :p I just got the "Hatsumei-ka" during his line, not very clear to me...

Innocent question, but has the anime EVER actually aired a gym battle out of order to that of the games? And if they did, when was the last time they actually did it? (And Roxie doesn't count, for semi-obvious reasons)

Actually, yes. In the OS, Ash challenged Sabrina before Erika, which is out of order in the games, though, granted, you can access Sabrina's gym roughly the same time as Erika's through the tea event, but Erika's team is weaker than Sabrina's, so Erika "naturally" comes before Sabrina in game order. That may have been the only time, as every region after that went in game order.

I think this will be a 2-part episode to start the next season.
Episode 1 will start with some buildup, then during the battle it will be interrupted in some way, Ash & Clemont will work together to solve it.
Episode 2 will be the battle conclusion, which I think might be a draw, then Clemont & Bonnie will spend some time with their family before the journey continues.

The title is: Lumiose Gym Match! Ash VS Clemont!!

Here are some images.

TLRi5i5.jpg
P6BfHfJ.jpg
BUz5g5i.jpg

A small summary.

A passionate battle takes place beteen Ash and Clemont, with the 5th badge at stake!

So, this episode was finished fourteen weeks before it will air.

Since when did Clemont become this intimidating badass the magazine is trying to portray him to be?

Maybe he's like that in Gym battles. Also, he's probably doing his best because he wants Ash to see that he can be a strong Gym Leader.

You gotta love Chespin's facial expression, like, seriously.

Here is a translation of the first two images.

First image.

ASH VS CLEMONT! AN ELECTRIFYING BATTLE IN LUMIOSE GYM!!
Clemont was initially the Gym Leader of the Lumiose Gym. But while he's been traveling together with Ash, it's now finally time for the two to fight it out!! It's a showdown with the 5th badge at stake!!

Ash: I'll come at you with all I've got!
Clemont: I will fight with analysis and pre-planning!!

Luxray's Electric Terrain:
It has a move that increases the power of Electric type Pokémon! What does Clemont's strategy consist of...!?

Second image.

A COMPLETE ANALYSIS OF CLEMONT'S STRATEGY!!
"I will not hand over the Lumiose Gym's badge easily!!"

Since the two have been traveling together, they're perfectly acquainted with each others strengths and ability... or so you might think, but then you'd be wrong! Clemont has prepared himself completely for his battle against Ash! Here we'll show you a little sneak peak at his secrets:

CLEMONT'S STRATEGY #1: USE BUNNELBY TO COUNTER PIKACHU!!
He will fight the Electric type Pikachu with an Electric type move! This unexpected counterattack should come as a shock!?

CLEMONT'S STRATEGY #2: HELIOLISK KNOWS A WIDE VARIETY OF MOVES!!
It knows "Thunder Wave", which paralyzes the opponent, the Dragon type move "Dragon Tail", as well as "Parabolic Charge", which lets it recover its stamina hile attacking!!

CLEMONT'S STRATEGY #3: HIS ACE UP THE SLEEVE!? LUXRAY!!
The powerful "Wild Charge" hits the spot after a power-up from "Electric Terrain"! With all these strategies, will Clemont actually defeat Ash!?

The impact from a "Wild Charge" performed by the massive Luxray is absolutely top notch!!

IS THIS ALSO PART OF THE STRATEGY!? CHESPIN IS CHEERING!
Chespin frowns after not being chosen as one of the three Pokémon to be used in the battle. This time it'll have to do a good job cheering instead!

Which means Clemont's Pokémon team are fully confirmed to be:

Bunnelby
Heliolisk
Luxray
(This is just based on alphabetical order which coincidentally part of his strategy list)

Kinda consist since those two are closely friends and they're knowing each other's strategy.

Ash really needs to figure out how to beat him because what I fear from this is that Luxray's ability to gain it's power were totally freaky. Not to mention that Bunnelby is also gonna kick-ass for Pikachu on the rematch, gym battle style.

I now FULLY expect Pikachu vs Luxray to be the final matchup UNLESS a miracle happens since we don't have the final matchup title yet. Get ready for YET another trainwreck guys.

I am even more disappointed since Bunelby is supposed to have a unexpectated counterattack yet it isn't enough to weaken Pikachu AND it seems that Pikachu is able to defeat BOTH Bunnelby AND Luxray which means that Bunnelby didn't EVEN put up much of a fight like the summary implies.

They are not EVEN going to complete Goodra's getting strong arc here so now I am wondering what was the reason for Goodra by the Lumiose Gym if it was just going to FLOP. They could have just evolved it by Laverre if it was just going to star there which is likely now but Pikachu might star there as well.

Another question, WILL PIKACHU EVER FREAKING LOSE A BATTLE EVER AGAIN, THEY ARE MAKING CLEMONT SEEM WEAK AS HE CAN'T EVEN COUNTER AND BEAT ONE OF HIS OWN TYPE SPECALITY.

Last edited:
What is Ash's third Pokémon, dammit?!

On a closer note, this is really starting to be another Pikachu starring gym. If Pikachu really beats Luxray here, good news is that we won't see Pikachu lose to another Luxray in a gym battle (see DP179).

The bad news is that this will be the fourth gym that Pikachu stars in, especially after the whole thing with Goomy evolving rapidly into Goodra. Charizard starred in Ash's next gym battle (Cinnabar) following its string of evolutions. Why can't Goodra do the same here?

And some notes about the translated summary:
1. Bunnelby will allegedly use an Electric-type move against Pikachu, but the only one it can learn is Wild Charge. I doubt Bunnelby will share the same move as Luxray, which could instead mean Bunnelby uses Pikachu's own electric-type attacks instead and the summary is misleading.

2. Heliolisk knows Thunder Wave now. Whether this means Thunderbolt or Bulldoze (hopefully the former because the latter is so rarely used) is replaced remains to be seen.

3. Luxray learns Electric Terrain, which starts to seem more and more that its random Swift attack will be replaced. But the anime tends to surprise us sometimes; remember Pikachu still has Quick Attack after learning Electro Ball, with Volt Tackle being replaced instead. So Discharge or Thunder Fang might actually be replaced instead.

What is Ash's third Pokémon, dammit?!

On a closer note, this is really starting to be another Pikachu starring gym. If Pikachu really beats Luxray here, good news is that we won't see Pikachu lose to another Luxray in a gym battle (see DP179).

The bad news is that this will be the fourth gym that Pikachu stars in, especially after the whole thing with Goomy evolving rapidly into Goodra. Charizard starred in Ash's next gym battle (Cinnabar) following its string of evolutions. Why can't Goodra do the same here?

And some notes about the translated summary:
1. Bunnelby will allegedly use an Electric-type move against Pikachu, but the only one it can learn is Wild Charge. I doubt Bunnelby will share the same move as Luxray, which could instead mean Bunnelby uses Pikachu's own electric-type attacks instead and the summary is misleading.

2. Heliolisk knows Thunder Wave now. Whether this means Thunderbolt or Bulldoze (hopefully the former because the latter is so rarely used) is replaced remains to be seen.

3. Luxray learns Electric Terrain, which starts to seem more and more that its random Swift attack will be replaced. But the anime tends to surprise us sometimes; remember Pikachu still has Quick Attack after learning Electro Ball, with Volt Tackle being replaced instead. So Discharge or Thunder Fang might actually be replaced instead.

At one point Fletchling and Froakie shared double team. And there are other examples of double up moves within the same team.

I doubt Wild Charge is so vital to Luxio/Luxray that it can't be used by Bunnelby.

I now FULLY expect Pikachu vs Luxray to be the final matchup UNLESS a miracle happens since we don't have the final matchup title yet. Get ready for YET another trainwreck guys.

I am even more disappointed since Bunelby is supposed to have a unexpectated counterattack yet it isn't enough to weaken Pikachu AND it seems that Pikachu is able to defeat BOTH Bunnelby AND Luxray which means that Bunnelby didn't EVEN put up much of a fight like the summary implies.

They are not EVEN going to complete Goodra's getting strong arc here so now I am wondering what was the reason for Goodra by the Lumiose Gym if it was just going to FLOP. They could have just evolved it by Laverre if it was just going to star there which is likely now but Pikachu might star there as well.

Another question, WILL PIKACHU EVER FREAKING LOSE A BATTLE EVER AGAIN, THEY ARE MAKING CLEMONT SEEM WEAK AS HE CAN'T EVEN COUNTER AND BEAT ONE OF HIS OWN TYPE SPECALITY.

Assuming, Assuming, Azumarill, Assuming.....that's all you're doing is assuming.

Didn't you say exactly the same about Ramos? I know some people did. Pikachu wasn't even part of that.

Gotta say, I'm surprised (and a little disappointed).

The way they were making a big deal out of this, I really thought it would happen later and maybe be a 2-parter...

Last edited:
Wait... WAIT WHAT?

You serious? Isn't this going to be a two-parter?

I really pray for Pokemon Anime team to pull off a prank now.

PLEASE DO IT! Delay the gym, don't rush Sliggoo-Goodra evolution, and make it two-parter. Make Clemont the seventh gym leader! Please I beg you. T_T

I have to sit and cry at a corner drawing circles for now... don't mind me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom