• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY067: Miare Gym Battle! Satoshi VS Citron!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it about how Ash will win? How'll he counter Electric Terrain? Heliolisk's speed? Bunnelby's new move? Also, what will Clemont's flaws in this battle be? And last but not least...How will Ash find it?

It's pretty much the gist of every gym battle episode(although I bet Ash will struggle most against the Fairy and Psychic Gym leaders, especially Fairy)
The thing is it will be very predictable as he will counter very thing Clemont throws at him with just Pikachu I bet with his other two Pokemon being the fall guys. Plus what's the point of Clemont NOW training if he won't get his shining moment against Ash.

Again, you said the exact same thing about Ramos, and Pikachu didn't even take part. I've already told you several times that assuming is not a good thing, yet you keep on doing so.

And also, your idea doesn't really work. There'd be no point for Clemont to win AND then have Ash wait until three gym battles later to challenge him again because....well, that's not the point. Clemont is the fifth gym leader and it wouldn't make sense to move away from that order.

No, I am saying that Clemont should/should have beaten Ash he first time round then he develops a rivalry then they have another rematch after Ash gets 7 badges maybe a 5v5 or 6v6 battle this time and a match that they REALLY won't forget for the rest of their lives and it also makes Clemont less usless for the second half of the series plus it builds tension.

I do agree that Sliggoo evolution should not be rushed solely for this gym battle. And I also agree that such tension between the two is wasted if it ended too early, around the 60th episodes. And I brought up this topic the earliest in this thread.......... Ending this between them will leave Clemont with little to no purpose following the team, friendship or not, how can he develop more with his travel with Ash? Even if he learned something from Ash in episodes after the Gym Battle, will we actually get to see how much he improved? I can hardly see a reason that Clemont will rematch Ash to show his improvement, except if there is a random cup tournament.

I really hope they pull of a surprise participation of Clemont in the League, if they really had to finish this gym battle so early.

But again, your problem is that, I just checked and we have absolutely NO IDEA of XY69's title. The Garchomp episode might be a break from the Gym Battle. They are still in Luminose City I figures. Ash may actually lose in this episode to train for a rematch, and figure out counter measures for Clemont's tactic. Ash did not just counter everything Viola threw at him. Remember, he trained and actually planned, that Iron Tail is more than well choreographed. So was the Rock Tomb Counter, he planned it after Grant's battle with Viola, he did not pull that out of thin air either. The battle with Ramos, Ramos gave hint to him, and he took it with style. With the way this series is going, I highly doubt that Ash will pull off a bullshit tactic with no pre-planning at all. Who say Clemont will not get his shining moment against Ash? He may win the battle, or it may end with a draw.

And Pikachu starring in this episode? You are trying too hard. You did say in one post that you only said it on Serebii of the Ramos Gym, yeah, now you had said it here, too. And Pikachu pulling off bullshit tactics? Where did that one come from, too? Are we in BW? The only one that Ash did not pre-plan good enough is Korrina's gym, which as we know, he utilized the Rock Tomb counter tactics and actually used the GRAVITY to empower that Iron Tail on Mega Lucario, that extra height Pikachu got from the bounce on Aura Sphere is no joke.

And also, your idea doesn't really work. There'd be no point for Clemont to win AND then have Ash wait until three gym battles later to challenge him again because....well, that's not the point. Clemont is the fifth gym leader and it wouldn't make sense to move away from that order.

I disagree with this, this actually will help to make Clemont a better character and make him a much higher obstacle to climb like suggested in the opening theme. The writers seems like never going to move away from that order, that is true. But it will actually do better if they do.

Last edited:
Isn't it about how Ash will win? How'll he counter Electric Terrain? Heliolisk's speed? Bunnelby's new move? Also, what will Clemont's flaws in this battle be? And last but not least...How will Ash find it?

Electric Terrain isn't much of an issue considering Pikachu's electric-type moves are also boosted from it. If Pikachu really is the star Pokémon here, he will most likely overpower and defeat Luxray with a juiced up Electro Ball.

As for the other issues, we'll find out when the episode airs. Ash has plenty of fast Pokémon on his team, and one of his Pokémon can get even faster by using Flame Charge. And Pikachu resists Bunnelby's new attack; Wild Charge shouldn't be a problem, either.

Edit: Based on the title under your username, I can only say: If you don't watch it. Why bother reading scans and then complain about them? I cannot understand your motive of reading the scan at all. Is that just so that you can complain about it?

Yeah, I really don't get it, if he's "given up on the anime" why torture yourself by continue watching and bothering with negative rants and tirades, one thing is being critical but it seems he hates everything, there's absolutely nothing positive to say about the anime, if I loathed a tv show I would definitely stop watching but oh well.

Electric Terrain isn't much of an issue considering Pikachu's electric-type moves are also boosted from it. If Pikachu really is the star Pokémon here, he will most likely overpower and defeat Luxray with a juiced up Electro Ball.

As for the other issues, we'll find out when the episode airs. Ash has plenty of fast Pokémon on his team, and one of his Pokémon can get even faster by using Flame Charge. And Pikachu resists Bunnelby's new attack; Wild Charge shouldn't be a problem, either.

That's ONLY if you assume Pikachu will star, which honestly doesn't make any sense.

If this is about overcoming Clemont with new exciting strategies, and tactics, I can't see how Pikachu beating Luxray is going to illustrate overcoming a challenge, since it would be cheap no matter how you look at it. (from a favoritism perspective not from a battling perspective)

Pikachu starring here doesn't make any sense, and if Pikachu does beat Bunnelby and Luxray, I will definitely call this gym a failure from the moment it happens, because that would be straight B.S. I'm not here watching Pokemon for Pikachu, I'm here to watch the other Pokemon.

It's pretty much the gist of every gym battle episode(although I bet Ash will struggle most against the Fairy and Psychic Gym leaders, especially Fairy)
The thing is it will be very predictable as he will counter very thing Clemont throws at him with just Pikachu I bet with his other two Pokemon being the fall guys. Plus what's the point of Clemont NOW training if he won't get his shining moment against Ash.

Of course it's predictable, do you really think Ash is going to fail his badge quest?

At best, Ash won't be able to enter the league because he's too late. But he's not going to fail getting his 8 badges.

But why does any of that matter. It's not like there's any "new" thing that could happen. Gyms are predictable, basically you have to deal with it, and not complaint about something that was obvious since the 1st generation.
No, I am saying that Clemont should/should have beaten Ash he first time round then he develops a rivalry then they have another rematch after Ash gets 7 badges maybe a 5v5 or 6v6 battle this time and a match that they REALLY won't forget for the rest of their lives and it also makes Clemont less usless for the second half of the series plus it builds tension.

But why does that matter?

Ash is getting his badge, it doesn't matter when, there is no unique way of Ash getting his badge. It doesn't matter when, it will still eventually happen.

Ash already did this whole training thing with Viola, so even if it might be fresh to see Ash losing to Clemont for the first time, it still not going to be anything new, especially in this series.

There's nothing unique that can be done. Serena failing her Pokemon Showcases is far more likely than Ash failing to get 8 badges, because Ash can repeat gyms. Serena doesn't have the same luxury (neither did May or Dawn in Pokemon contests).

Ash is guaranteed to get his badges, there's nothing new that occur from that, so again of course it is predictable. The only thing that might not be 100% is WHEN Ash will get the badges, or even HOW he will get his badge (Pokemon matchups).

Last edited:
That's ONLY if you assume Pikachu will star, which honestly doesn't make any sense.

Considering Pikachu and Luxray are featured on this scan Playerking posted, it's a very strong possibility.

Pikachu starring here doesn't make any sense, and if Pikachu does beat Bunnelby and Luxray, I will definitely call this gym a failure from the moment it happens, because that would be straight B.S. I'm not here watching Pokemon for Pikachu, I'm here to watch the other Pokemon.

Pikachu is an Electric-type Pokemon, his attacks are boosted by Electric Terrain, and it is the first of Ash's Pokemon that Clemont fought. These are but some of the reasons why the writers decided that Pikachu should star over his other Pokemon.

I don't like it either; I would have preferred Goodra to star to justify it evolving into its final stage so quickly, but alas there is always the chance it could star in Valerie's gym.

I'll say this much; IF Pikachu loses (and that's the key word, "if" - I'm assuming nothing), then I do kinda hope that'll quash most of the complaints when Ash challenges the next gym.

Here is a new summary of this episode.

The time for Ash and Clemont's Lumiose Gym match has finally come. This battle between two who know each other's characteristic traits, such as the Pokémon they use and the moves they prefer, extremely well is bound to be more intense than any other! The two clash against each other with all they've got: Which Pokémon will be the one to hold the final key to victory?

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Hawlucha: Shin'ichirō Miki
Goodra: Yūji Ueda
Bunnelby: Chinatsu Akasaki
Chespin: Hitomi Nabatame
Luxray: Kensuke Satō
Braixen: Megumi Hayashibara
Pancham: Noriko Shitaya
Heliolisk: Kiyotaka Furushima

Here are two new summaries.

It's finally time for Satoshi and Citron's Gym match! Citron, who returned to Miare City ahead of the others in order to do special training, now stands before Satoshi and Pikachu. Will Satoshi manage to get the badge?

The Miare Gym match is finally here, and it is time for two men to fulfill their promise to each other! Satoshi and Citron have traveled together up until this point. This battle between two who know each other's characteristic traits, such as the Pokémon they use and the moves they prefer, extremely well is bound to be more intense than any other! The two clash against each other with all they've got... Which Pokémon will be the one to hold the final key to victory...?

So, at this stage, we know it's Pikachu, Hawlucha and Goodra vs Bunnelby, Luxray and Heliolisk. Certainly sounds interesting.

Preview
- Pikachu fights Bunnelby.
- Goodra fights Heliolisk.
- Hawlucha attacks Heliolisk.
- Goodra battles Luxray.

[video=youtube;6YWTjW3d_WE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YWTjW3d_WE[/video]

Seems like the battle result is almost given out in this preview.

Pikachu vs Bunnelby - Pikachu wins
Pikachu vs Heliolisk - Heliolisk wins
Goodra vs Heliolisk - Goodra withdrawn
Hawlucha vs Heliolisk - Hawlucha wins
Hawlucha vs Luxray - Luxray wins
Goodra vs Luxray - Goodra wins

Atleast thats how I predict it will turn out. A good one, but in my opinion not quite a best one.

I don't know. According to the scans we have seen, it seems Pikachu will win against Luxray here. My new prediction:

- Pikachu vs. Bunnelby: Pikachu wins
- Goodra vs. Heliolisk: Goodra withdrawn
- Hawlucha vs. Heliolisk: Hawlucha wins. or is a draw
- Hawlucha vs. Luxray - Luxray wins
- Goodra vs. Luxray - Luxray wins
- Pikachu vs. Luxray - Pikachu wins

Still not happy they're making it happen so soon after making such a big deal out of it, but...DAY-YUM, that's some great animation! :eek:

The preview looks awesome. I'm still hoping for a tie from these two, but I won't be upset it Ash outright wins. I just hope it's a really close battle.

I hope for
Pikachu v. Bunnelby-Tie/Bunnelby
Hawlucha v. Bunnelby-Hawlucha
Hawlucha v. Heliolisk-Heliolisk
Goodra v. Heliolisk-Goodra
Goodra v. Luxray-Tie/Goodra

I don't know. According to the scans we have seen, it seems Pikachu will win against Luxray here. My new prediction:

Look at your prediction. Goodra doesn't beat anything, is that really likely given its likely release? Isn't Goodra being overpowered for Ash the only reason they would release Goodra, because why give Ash a weak Pokemon only for it to be released. That makes Goodra's existence even more meaningless or pointless, because based on your prediction, Frogadier or Fletchinder could've did just fine, no need for Goodra.

Look at the trailer, Goodra was the last Pokemon shown battling Luxray with Pikachu shown battling it earlier. And in case you think the trailer means nothing, your prediction comes from scans which has less context than the trailer.

The scans mean absolute nothing, since they had NO context. I don't see why you would think Pikachu would be the one to beat Luxray based on the scans, when Goodra didn't even exist when those scans came out. And I doubt they would hype Goodra if it didn't exist yet.

I really don't understand this prediction.

Above all predictions, I have come my most common choices of all time:

-Pikachu vs Bunnelby, Pikachu wins
-Pikachu vs Heliolisk, Heliolisk wins (possibly type advantage)
-Hawlucha vs Heliolisk, Heliolisk wins
-Goodra vs Heliolisk, Goodra wins (overpowered)

End battle:
-Goodra vs Luxray, Goodra wins

That's is simply based on my Kalos experience from watching the season including the gym battles.

Last edited:

Look at your prediction. Goodra doesn't beat anything, is that really likely given its likely release? Isn't Goodra being overpowered for Ash the only reason they would release Goodra, because why give Ash a weak Pokemon only for it to be released. That makes Goodra's existence even more meaningless or pointless, because based on your prediction, Frogadier or Fletchinder could've did just fine, no need for Goodra.

Look at the trailer, Goodra was the last Pokemon shown battling Luxray with Pikachu shown battling it earlier. And in case you think the trailer means nothing, your prediction comes from scans which has less context than the trailer.

The scans mean absolute nothing, since they had NO context. I don't see why you would think Pikachu would be the one to beat Luxray based on the scans, when Goodra didn't even exist when those scans came out. And I doubt they would hype Goodra if it didn't exist yet.

I really don't understand this prediction.

Goodra being overpowered is not the reason they are going to release Goodra, it is to protect the swamp, they gave hints from the very first episode it appeared. HOWEVER, you are completely right about Goodra getting the win here. If its not even strong enough to defeat Luxray, how will it become confident that it can protect the swamp? It will be a major let down in his confidence and it will not do any good to the plot at this point.

As to Ampharos King, nope. Whatever scan of magazine you saw is a misdirection to hide the existence of Goodra or even utter fake informations from the magazine's side. I am completely sure of that. (In this case, it seems like a misdirection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom