• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY070: Conclusion! Numelgon, Somewhere Over the Rainbow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Numelgon is released at this point (like all of you, I'm hoping it doesn't happen), I think what the writers are trying to do is something along the lines of the Yogiras mini-arc from late Johto. Think of it... in both, Satoshi has been raising the weak, easily frightened Pokemon and developing it into one that can take care of itself.

I think what the writers are going for is showcasing Satoshi's skills as a trainer and his love of Pokemon... just they've really gone the wrong way about it.

If Numelgon is released at this point (like all of you, I'm hoping it doesn't happen), I think what the writers are trying to do is something along the lines of the Yogiras mini-arc from late Johto. Think of it... in both, Satoshi has been raising the weak, easily frightened Pokemon and developing it into one that can take care of itself.

I think what the writers are going for is showcasing Satoshi's skills as a trainer and his love of Pokemon... just they've really gone the wrong way about it.

Well, more like Lapras all over again.

Nuuuuuuu....D':

Don't do the release! I love Goodra by it's power, and I forbid it to go away from my sight.

It's not a good idea when a powerhouse Pokemon is being left away just after the Clemmont's gym battle. They should make it stay for the upcoming gym later (except Valerie because I know that Goodra can't torn her party).

The probablity that Goodra will be released is 85%. Because you can't see it on the Trailer of the 18th Movie. But what 'bout Jessie's Pumpkaboo? Will it until the movie released evolve?

Well, I still pray that it is a Gliscor/ Charizard like situation. Perhaps a daycare-like person is now looking after Goomy's ( Now Goodra) inhabited area so even if Goodra chooses to stay behind, there is still hope that It can be transfered to Ash in the League or smth. Then again, how would the characters backtrack back to Goomy's habitat? Perhaps Goodra wants to protect another area after seeing what transpires there and the daycare-like person also watches over said area.

Then again, pidgeott went to protect a flock of Pidgies and never returned..... Though there were no other humans involved.

I don't know what's worse about this situation, Ash releasing a powerful Pokemon he just barely caught, or that this will revive people's paranoid theories about Ash releasing all his powerful Pokemon like back in Kanto and Johto.

I don't know what's worse about this situation, Ash releasing a powerful Pokemon he just barely caught, or that this will revive people's paranoid theories about Ash releasing all his powerful Pokemon like back in Kanto and Johto.

Tbh I can't imagine him releasing any of his Kalos Pokemon after Goodra. I'd riot if he does.

Sad to see Goodra go because it is so cute and snuggly. But I'm also getting revenge on Ash for catching this Unicorn Goodra that evolves so fast while I had to train mine and they are SO SLOW to gain levels. So take that Ash Ketchum of Pallet effing Town.

While I don't care much for the Goodra species in general, seeing Ash release his so quickly would be almost a complete waste and bad writing. Let's hope that it's just a Charizard/Gliscor situation where Goodra is left for the time being but rejoins Ash later down the road. Because, quite frankly, Ash finally gets a pseudo-legendary (after Iris beat him to the punch last time), and it's barely around for 20 episodes. If Goodra is released permanently, then Ash's first and only pseudo-legendary obtained was almost for nothing. Sure, it would show how much Ash cares about Goodra and wants what's best for it, but if they were going to do a Butterfree situation all over again, then it feels like there wasn't much of a point in catching Goodra in the first place.

Here is a new image from this episode.

img_next150430.jpg

I still hold hope it stays with Ash or returns later during the Kalos League.

50JLVcN.jpg
I don't know if anyone posted this here...but can someone translate the summary ??

I don't know if anyone posted this here...but can someone translate the summary ??

Dephender from Serebii Forums already translated this:

Summary: Florges and the others have abducted Pikachu. What will happen now!?

Blurb: Ash and Goodra work hard to save Pikachu!

Based on the summary, it seems these Pokémon are malicious on purpose, and that Goodra really needs to stay at the swamp to prevent them from doing anything else.

Dephender from Serebii Forums already translated this:

Summary: Florges and the others have abducted Pikachu. What will happen now!?

Blurb: Ash and Goodra work hard to save Pikachu!

Based on the summary, it seems these Pokémon are malicious on purpose, and that Goodra really needs to stay at the swamp to prevent them from doing anything else.

So this is basically Pidgeot all over again? Just great. [/sarcasm]

I could understand it if Ash had a full team of Pokémon, but Ash has only five Pokémon thus far. They're running out of options for possible teammates for Ash, so I don't think releasing one this saga is going to do him any favors. Unless Ash brings back one of his old Pokémon that happens to be in one of the Kalos region's Pokédexes (which I highly doubt), they might keep Ash from having a full team of six this saga. That's not such a good thing for the writers to do.

In "Facing the Grand Design", we all assumed that Inkay would leave. It didn't.

In "A Fork in the Road! A Parting of the Ways", we all assumed that Wobbuffet would leave. He didn't.

You see, this is why I don't like to assume, and why I don't think it's wise to.

I could understand it if Ash had a full team of Pokémon, but Ash has only five Pokémon thus far. They're running out of options for possible teammates for Ash, so I don't think releasing one this saga is going to do him any favors. Unless Ash brings back one of his old Pokémon that happens to be in one of the Kalos region's Pokédexes (which I highly doubt), they might keep Ash from having a full team of six this saga. That's not such a good thing for the writers to do.
He doesn't need a full roster for the gyms, and it seems likely that he will use at least a few old Pokémon in the league. Between Goodra possibly returning and Charizard/Sceptile Mega Evolving, I don't see why Ash needs a full Kalos team. One more capture should suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom