• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY070: Conclusion! Numelgon, Somewhere Over the Rainbow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Habunake and Megayanma appearing in this episode!!! I no longer care about the fate of Numelgon :p

Guys, guys, can't we just WAIT until the episode comes around? It's not going to be long now (like, what, two more weeks?).

Or we can continue to talk because its a forum.

There's no problem in continuing the conversation regarding whether or not Goodra is going to be released. Preview threads are here for people to discuss and speculate on the upcoming episodes.

With that said, I do not want this preview thread to devolve into throwing rude and insulting comments. As I mentioned in the in-thread warning for the XY076 preview thread, be more respectful towards others. Disagreements are fine, but don't be insulting people for their opinions. That goes for both sides of the argument regarding Goodra's fate. Any further rude or insulting posts will result in infractions/deletion. Please continue with a more productive and respectful discussion. Thank you.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Meowth: Inuku Inuyama
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Goodra: Yūji Ueda
Chespin: Hitomi Nabatame
Pancham: Noriko Shitaya
Goomy: Chinatsu Akasaki
Bellsprout: Kiyotaka Furushima
Pinsir: Tsuguo Mogami
Kenzo: Masaki Aizawa

Here are some new summaries of the episode.

Goodra stands up to fight in order to settle the dispute and rescue the abducted Pikachu and the other Pokémon! And as Ash sees Goodra acting like this, he makes a certain decision...

While the Pokémon are duking it out, Goodra is suddenly hit by an attack coming from the side and gets heavily injured. Ash and his friends start treating it, but that night, Pikachu and the other Pokémon end up getting abducted by Florges's army. As Ash and the others set off to rescue them, they learn that Team Rocket is somehow involved in all this.

Yup, if it wasn't clear before, it definitely is now. So long, Goodra, it was nice to have you. Still surprised you evolved all the way faster than the regional bird.

Yup, if it wasn't clear before, it definitely is now. So long, Goodra, it was nice to have you. Still surprised you evolved all the way faster than the regional bird.

Yes, as clear as when James released Inkay and Jessie released Wobbuffet....oh, no, wait, we all assumed that would happen and they didn't. So, the answer is, no, it definitely isn't "clear".

Yes, as clear as when James released Inkay and Jessie released Wobbuffet....oh, no, wait, we all assumed that would happen and they didn't.
I don't see why anyone should have assumed that. Plenty of people knew better.

Which is why I cannot and will not assume Goodra is definitely leaving when we have no evidence to either confirm or deny it. "He might leave or he might stay" is as far as I'm willing to go.

Yes, as clear as when James released Inkay and Jessie released Wobbuffet....oh, no, wait, we all assumed that would happen and they didn't.

Which is why I cannot and will not assume Goodra is definitely leaving when we have no evidence to either confirm or deny it. "He might leave or he might stay" is as far as I'm willing to go.

Oh thank Arceus. I thought there weren't any people here who know there's more than one possibility. Seriously there's a difference between likely and confirmed. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of poeple aren't willing to accept that.

How about the fact that Goodra isn't in the latest ending?

Preview
- Florges picks up a Floette.
- Team Rocket are in a Mantine shaped ship.
- Ash and Goodra hug eachother as they cry.
- Goodra flies through the sky.

[video=youtube;DXkKZltz6Q4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXkKZltz6Q4[/video]

Edit: After watching episode 69, I have lost hope for this episode. I probably will not be watching it. Just not to hurt my eyes and brain.

Seems like the whole Goodra story is one big mess. I feel so dumb to even have a slight hope of redemption.

Last edited:

Doesn't prove anything as far as I'm concerned. We've had "missing" Pokemon before.

I am going to sit and wait for the episode to air, and accept that it might leave or it might stay. But definitive proof is still lacking as far as I'm concerned.

Doesn't prove anything as far as I'm concerned. We've had "missing" Pokemon before.

I am going to sit and wait for the episode to air, and accept that it might leave or it might stay. But definitive proof is still lacking as far as I'm concerned.

Name on opening or ending, that had ALL but one of the Pokemon.

But first some guidelines as it pertains to the ending with Goodra not being on there:

1. The Ending/Opening had to exist close or after said Pokemon appears in the anime. So no, a Pokemon caught 20 episodes after the ending/opening and the theme not updating does not count, since Goodra existed prior to the new ending.
2. The Pokemon that was missing wasn't released at later time (like Ambipom)
3. Name an opening or ending that revealed evolutions and brand new captures but still did not include a Pokemon that existed within the team.
4. If an opening/ending did not include spoilers in any fashion and failed to update even with new captures and evolutions it also does not count.

Always nice to see Pokemon be a little more dramatic than usual, but I have a major complaint.

I was hoping this was a Team Flare operation after seeing a large mixed group of Pokémon attacking fools. But seeing Flogres with Floette shows that nope, it's just another effing big misunderstanding & Pokémon doing bad things for a good reason. Jeez to Arceus :banghead:

So they'd just leave Goodra, an incredibly strong and important goofy Pokemon out of an ending of smiling? Luxray even got in, who is pretty big too.

It's not even in the cast list of the upcoming Hoopa movie either. I can't find the link right now but it had all of the Pokemon the main characters had except Goodra. Goodra just doesn't seem to be having any presence after this episode since it's being excluded out of everything that groups Pokemon together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom