• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY070: Conclusion! Numelgon, Somewhere Over the Rainbow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I have to admit that even though I don't give a damn about the fate of Numelgon, I felt a little shudder of emotion at that teary hug!
The worst thought is knowing how much mucous must be mixed in with the tears...

Name on opening or ending, that had ALL but one of the Pokemon.

But first some guidelines as it pertains to the ending with Goodra not being on there:

1. The Ending/Opening had to exist close or after said Pokemon appears in the anime. So no, a Pokemon caught 20 episodes after the ending/opening and the theme not updating does not count, since Goodra existed prior to the new ending.
2. The Pokemon that was missing wasn't released at later time (like Ambipom)
3. Name an opening or ending that revealed evolutions and brand new captures but still did not include a Pokemon that existed within the team.
4. If an opening/ending did not include spoilers in any fashion and failed to update even with new captures and evolutions it also does not count.

OK, first of all, that's too many rules and guidelines. I have no idea what you're even trying to say at this point. It's all just silly and convoluted. Besides, we don't HAVE endings. Our endings are just the credits on a black screen...and maybe a repeat of the intro, at least for the earlier seasons.

So they'd just leave Goodra, an incredibly strong and important goofy Pokemon out of an ending of smiling? Luxray even got in, who is pretty big too.

It's not even in the cast list of the upcoming Hoopa movie either. I can't find the link right now but it had all of the Pokemon the main characters had except Goodra. Goodra just doesn't seem to be having any presence after this episode since it's being excluded out of everything that groups Pokemon together.

Suspicious, yes indeed. But it's still not completely definitive. I mean, we still have the option of it leaving temporarily, then coming back after the movie. I'm not saying that WILL happen because that'd be assuming.

It might stay with Ash. It might leave for a bit then return. It might leave forever. ATM, we don't have anything definitive to prove otherwise. The likelihood of it being the first is the lowest, I will admit to that, but still not definite.

I have stayed out of this debate until I saw the preview. That crying scene between Goodra and Ash pretty much confirms to me there will some sort of a goodbye taking place. The only question left to be asked is if it will be a permanent or tempoorary goodbye. I'm leaning towards permanent. Goodra will most likely be living in the swamp, so it wouldn't have any means of quick transportation to get to Ash, unlike Charizard and Gliscor who could just fly to Ash if need be. But who knows, maybe Ash will be around that area again later in the series and meet Goodra again.

For a while now, don't take this the wrong way but I have been hoping to have another emotional release in the series. We haven't had one in a while so I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy this was happening. I think Goodra had development and has come gone as far as it can with it's story. I think the writers have set everything up for a perfect "conclusion". I will definitely be tuning in or this episode.

I'm holding out hope that Goodra will stay, but, if it turns out that it does leave, I'll accept it eventually, but I'll still be a little bit annoyed by it. Mainly because of the following reasons;

1. It still feels a little early for Ash to release a Pokemon, he hasn't even reached the 6 Pokemon limit in this region yet.

2. It seems like every time Ash gets a large, fully evolved pokemon (his flying-types reaching full evolution notwithstanding), they always seem to leave for some reason. The only ones that i can think of that didn't were Sceptile and Torterra (and i don't think Torterra was used that much). Small and more maneuverable pokemon are fine and all, but, it would still be nice if Ash kept his Kalos Region powerhouse. If we lose Goodra, who knows how long it will be before we get another pokemon for position (at least one in Ash's care rather than one of his companion's).

3. Goodra is Ash's first fully-evolved Dragon-type, it would be a shame to lose it now

OK, first of all, that's too many rules and guidelines. I have no idea what you're even trying to say at this point. It's all just silly and convoluted.
What I'm saying is that when has there ever been an opening or ending (Japanese) launched after said Pokemon exists that conveniently forgot a certain Pokemon, that was still on the main cast and wasn't going to be released. I mean even that one ending in DP excluded Ambipom and it ended up being released.

Besides, we don't HAVE endings. Our endings are just the credits on a black screen...and maybe a repeat of the intro, at least for the earlier seasons.
What? Gaogao All Stars isn't an ending? Hmm, I hope you realize I was talking about the Japanese (original version) not the dub.

Even though ending theme doesn't show Goodra,its not the proof that it'll be released.It can be left with Kenzo and be called upon when needed, Like Charizard or Squirtle or Bulbasaur.

What I'm saying is that when has there ever been an opening or ending (Japanese) launched after said Pokemon exists that conveniently forgot a certain Pokemon, that was still on the main cast and wasn't going to be released. I mean even that one ending in DP excluded Ambipom and it ended up being released.

Besides, we don't HAVE endings. Our endings are just the credits on a black screen...and maybe a repeat of the intro, at least for the earlier seasons.
What? Gaogao All Stars isn't an ending? Hmm, I hope you realize I was talking about the Japanese (original version) not the dub.

Ambipom is in training right?

I'm neutral in this debate. There's no real concrete evidence in my opinion, just fans assuming from the pictures. I'm not trying to be rude, that's just my opinion.

However, things seem to be sliding towards Goodra's release, but I'm not saying anything until the episode comes out.

I think it's heavily implied that when CrashBash said we, he meant the English dub. I think you knew this and just wanted to use it as a way to attack his opinion.

I was seeing the preview again, there were many particular scene that stuck me.
1. Florges were confronted by Ash and Goodra, but water was taken up (which i think was main reason of taking over and all that huge fight)
2. Goodra was somehow able to fly, i guess it was Psychic....which was used by one of the many Pokémon.
3. I think the scene of Ash and Goodra was just that he was alright after all the pain he went through and all of them won. (I hope so...I don't want Ash to release Goodra)

Yeah some of the things people are saying point to Goodra be released could mean something else entirely. Example: Conclusion!. People say that the fact that that is in the title means that Goodra is getting released. Well the fact is that since this is a two parter it could mean the end of the story there or that the war between Florges and the wetland Pokémon is going to end, maybe the end of Goodra's past traumas. Give me something else I can work with and I'll go on.

Ambipom is in training right?

If by training you mean it basically belongs to O and is only being used as a Ping Pong Pokemon, and is highly unlikely to go back to Dawn ever, then yes, training.

I think it's heavily implied that when CrashBash said we, he meant the English dub. I think you knew this and just wanted to use it as a way to attack his opinion.

Attack his opinion?

First of all I don't know where CrashBash lives or what he watches, since we're in a current Japanese title thread, since the dub doesn't even have a title for this episode, and this hasn't even aired. And some non Japan people only watch the raw/subs of an episode, and don't care at all about the dub. But I'm supposed to magically know this when I don't even know CrashBash's viewing habits.

Secondly, the dub doesn't matter at all in these arguments since the dub is only a vocal translation of these episodes, the Japanese/Raw versions of these episodes, opening and ending carry a lot of weight, unlike the dub which lacks an ending.

One thing I would remembered if Goodra will be released.

A deep bond between a pseudo-legendary Pokemon with a trainer from Kanto ended after 15 episodes of painstaking process from start to finish.

Wasted effort.

One thing I would remembered if Goodra will be released.

A deep bond between a pseudo-legendary Pokemon with a trainer from Kanto ended after 15 episodes of painstaking process from start to finish.

Wasted effort.

Goodra helped Ash get his 5th gym badge, hardly wasted effort. It's a shame that it wasn't much more useful, but I'm fine with it leaving as having a powerful powerhouse like Goodra would take too much spotlight from the other Pokemon. It was probably put in the cast in the first place because of the wave of Goomy merchandise and to help beat Clemont's Luxray.

Goodra would only steal the spotlight if Ash chose to use it more than his other Pokémon and he's not the kind of trainer that does that sort of thing. And you have to admit that as far as spotlight goes Pikachu gets most of it due to him being the Pokémon Ash uses the most often and never going inside his Pokéball.

No NO Keep Numelgon and do the Impossible, Catch the Volcanion, Kyurem, Reshiram, and Zekrom ASsh DO IT!!

Whenever I hear the title I believe that Numelgon's trauma will disappear and it will travel happily and Kenzo will be a recurring character

No NO Keep Numelgon and do the Impossible, Catch the Volcanion, Kyurem, Reshiram, and Zekrom ASsh DO IT!!

Whenever I hear the title I believe that Numelgon's trauma will disappear and it will travel happily and Kenzo will be a recurring character

The part with Goodra I agree on. As far as Ash catching the legendaries goes the only one that would be possible for him to catch is Volcanion.

Get TV Preview
- Meowth is casually hanging next to the Pokemon that he and the rest of Team Rocket captured.
- Jessie's Pumpkaboo and James's Inkay attack Ash's Goodra.
- Ash and co., including Goodra are looking at the wetlands.
- Ash says something while a shadow covers the top half of his face.

[video=youtube;C0StX1X6DfI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0StX1X6DfI[/video]

Goodbye Goodra :( hopefully he returns during the Kalos League.

Hm, those last few seconds in the preview look awfully similar to the ending of Charizard's Burning Ambitions, could the writers be doing the same thing here as they did back then? I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom