• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY070: Conclusion! Numelgon, Somewhere Over the Rainbow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Numelgon will return later. It's why Kenzou and that cabin of his exist.

Ash's first pseudo, and its already leaving...

If we never see Goodra again, I'm glad we at least got to see one damn good fight with it (Clemont/Voltage Badge) :<

Of course Numelgon will return later. It's why Kenzou and that cabin of his exist.

Yeah, I could definitely see Goodra return after like with Gliscor and Charizard if it really leaves. I don't think the staff would forget about Goodra's potential after giving it so much focus and development. It's good because there would be more room for Ash's team to develop as well as cool Kalos Pokemon to show.

Seriously what was the deal with Primeape? Ash uses it once then we never see it again. Talk about stupid.

Seriously what was the deal with Primeape? Ash uses it once then we never see it again. Talk about stupid.

I think the plan was for it to return later on since the narrator implies it could come back. It and Pidgeot were handled so horribly. Both were implied to come back (Primeape by the narrator, Pidgeot by Ash himself), but both appeared in flashbacks in the BW series, so it's not like they've forgotten about them. The only Pokémon we'll never see come back for sure are Larvitar, who's with his mama in the wild, Haunter, who is preventing Sabrina from going full-on psychotic again, Lapras, who is out at sea, and Butterfree, who is raising babies. Aside from that, I think any one of Ash's Pokémon is fair play.

And Goodra's definitely going to be on call like Charizard was. That swamp ranger guy with the Bellsprout has a cabin. This is Charicific Valley all over again.

As long as this does turn out to be a Charizard/Gliscor-esque departure - that Goodra will occasionally return for important battles, etc. - then I'm fine with this release. But if it turns out to be a permant, never-to-be-seen-again release like Butterfree, Primape, Ambipom, etc....

That would be a waste.

If it is a Charizard type thing then that means everyone who said Goodra was being released is wrong.

No, because the argument is that he's leaving him in the swamp away from his team, not that he can't be called upon temporarily.

I think the plan was for it to return later on since the narrator implies it could come back. It and Pidgeot were handled so horribly. Both were implied to come back (Primeape by the narrator, Pidgeot by Ash himself), but both appeared in flashbacks in the BW series, so it's not like they've forgotten about them.

I wouldn't really count Pidgeot. That was only in the dub. Though since Ash still owns Primeape and it's just in training... Yeah, they handled him horribly. I still wish he comes back sometime.

And there was never really any hope for Ambipom returning imo since Dawn was going to leave later on and return for just a few episodes.

I'm getting Charizard vibes from the preview, actually.

I think the plan was for it to return later on since the narrator implies it could come back. It and Pidgeot were handled so horribly. Both were implied to come back (Primeape by the narrator, Pidgeot by Ash himself), but both appeared in flashbacks in the BW series, so it's not like they've forgotten about them.

I wouldn't really count Pidgeot. That was only in the dub. Though since Ash still owns Primeape and it's just in training... Yeah, they handled him horribly. I still wish he comes back sometime.

And there was never really any hope for Ambipom returning imo since Dawn was going to leave later on and return for just a few episodes.

I'm getting Charizard vibes from the preview, actually.

Actually, Bulbapedia doesn't really clarify if Ash says he'll come back for Pidgeot only in the dub. In fact, it implies it's from the Japanese version as well. Not to mention him thinking it to himself during his fight with Falkner about 50 episodes later. I mean, if Lapras could come back for one episode in Johto, I have no idea why Butterfree and Pidgeot can't. Certainly not Primeape who is ACTUALLY under Ash's care.

And hey, maybe Dawn got Ambipom back off-screen and enters her in Ping-Pong tournaments whenever she can in between Contests, we don't know. :p

But going back to Goodra, I really hope the Charizard route is ultimately the one they decide to go with if Goodra is actually leaving, since I fell in love with it through reading recaps. I'm sure watching the actual episodes will make me die with love.

And Goodra's definitely going to be on call like Charizard was. That swamp ranger guy with the Bellsprout has a cabin. This is Charicific Valley all over again.
One key difference, Charizard could fly to Ash anyplace at anytime and Goodra... can't.

One key difference, Charizard could fly to Ash anyplace at anytime and Goodra... can't.

Thats the purpose of Kenzo being there in the Swamp,to send Goodra.He seems to be technologically advanced guy since he has 2 PCs and some Chemistry lab items in his cabin.

Upon closer inspection, I hypothesize that the only reason why Kenzo exists is to give Ash and co. context. If it weren't for Kenzo and his Bellsprout, Ash and co. would have never found out about the problem at the wetlands. In addition, it was Bellsprout who ultimately convinced Goodra to go to the wetlands during the last episode.

Based on the last few minutes of XY069, Ash was contemplating about returning Goodra to its comrades. He doesn't want to separate Goodra from them any longer, and he may actually release (instead of just giving Kenzo Goodra's Poke Ball) the Pokémon in this episode.

Even if TRio's plot of stealing the healing water from the wetlands is ultimately stopped, the water is still lost forever and the Pokémon will eventually fight over that water again. I don't think it would be wise for Goodra to leave the wetlands at all if the Pokémon can end up fighting again.

Upon closer inspection, I hypothesize that the only reason why Kenzo exists is to give Ash and co. context. If it weren't for Kenzo and his Bellsprout, Ash and co. would have never found out about the problem at the wetlands. In addition, it was Bellsprout who ultimately convinced Goodra to go to the wetlands during the last episode.

Based on the last few minutes of XY069, Ash was contemplating about returning Goodra to its comrades. He doesn't want to separate Goodra from them any longer, and he may actually release (instead of just giving Kenzo Goodra's Poke Ball) the Pokémon in this episode.

Even if TRio's plot of stealing the healing water from the wetlands is ultimately stopped, the water is still lost forever and the Pokémon will eventually fight over that water again. I don't think it would be wise for Goodra to leave the wetlands at all if the Pokémon can end up fighting again.

If its lost forever though, there would be no reason to keep fighting over it.

Plus this storyline doesn't even make sense because Goodra's compatriots were just minding their own business. It's Florges's fault that she decided to just take a whole bunch of minions and start attacking random Pokemon.

So I honestly have no sympathy for Florges or the Floette. Well on their own of course, Team Rocket complicates matters.

If its lost forever though, there would be no reason to keep fighting over it.

Plus this storyline doesn't even make sense because Goodra's compatriots were just minding their own business. It's Florges's fault that she decided to just take a whole bunch of minions and start attacking random Pokemon.

So I honestly have no sympathy for Florges or the Floette. Well on their own of course, Team Rocket complicates matters.

IKR! That's why I criticize this story writing that much in the XY69 review.

TOO MANY PLOT HOLES! The story writing is just plain bad, probably the worst script ever, even rivaling some ridiculously bad movies.

Sigh, I don't hate Goodra as a character, but its episodes are consistently badly written. I can only blame the writers for that.

No, because the argument is that he's leaving him in the swamp away from his team, not that he can't be called upon temporarily.

No, there are people who have been saying that Ash will just straight-out release Goodra.

There was a preview of the episode shown on Oha Suta today. In the preview, there were scenes from the part where Ash might leave Goodra in its homeland. Serena was crying during the scene, and Bonnie and Dedenne were also crying and then Bonnie hugged Clemont. It's kind of nice to know that Serena, Clemont, Dedenne and possibly Clemont will all be sad about Goodra staying in the wetlands. If Goodra does stay, I hope that it will reunite with Ash in the future, hopefully to stay with him permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom